New Trailer for the Highly Acclaimed Sundance Film DOPE Movie Trailer Dope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Trailer for the Highly Acclaimed Sundance Film DOPE Movie Trailer Dope

We've got a new trailer to share with you for a film called Dope, which was one of the most buzzed about movies at Sundance this year. I didn't get a chance to see it myself, buy you can read Eli's glowing review for it here, in which he sates:

The young leads — Shameik Moore as Malcolm, Tony Revolori (The Grand Budapest Hotel) as Jib, and Kiersey Clemons (Eye Candy) as Diggy — have incredible chemistry, and that magic shines brighter as their characters navigate through their increasingly bizarre situation and are forced to get rid of the drugs, one way or another.

The movie looks absolutely fantastic, and I'm very much looking forward to finally seeing it for myself. I really wish I wouldn't have missed the opportunity at Sundance, but thankfully it's going to get a decent sized theatrical release. Here's the synopsis:

Malcolm is a high school geek with a high-top fade, carefully navigating life in The Bottoms, one of the toughest neighborhoods in Inglewood, California. He and his fellow outcasts share a voracious appreciation for all things ’90s hip-hop, opting to sport Cross-Colours and Z. Cavariccis at the risk of being clowned at school. He dreams of attending Harvard, but first he has to make it home every day. When a drug dealer takes a shine to Malcolm and invites him to his birthday party, Malcolm’s crew is swirled into a hilarious blender of offbeat characters and bad choices where redemption can only be found in Bitcoin.

The film was written and directed by Rick Famuyiwa (Brown Sugar, Our Family Wedding), and it landed itself a summer release date of June 19th.

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X