Michael Bay To Develop Ghost Recon Movie For Ubisoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Bay To Develop Ghost Recon Movie For Ubisoft

ichael Bay has been enlisted by Ubisoft to develop their big screen adaptation of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon for Warner Bros. Love him or hate him, Bay knows how to make action movies, and I'm actually excited to see what he ends up doing with this franchise. We know he's going to make it look good, and it'll have some insane action sequences. I've enjoyed playing all of the Ghost Recon games, and I think he's a solid choice for the film franchise.

The games revolve around "a fictional unit of the U.S. Army Special Forces that essentially operates as the President’s private army, using the latest technology to infiltrate and take down threats around the world without leaving any traces behind that they exist." Jean Julien Baronnet, CEO of Ubisoft Motion Pictures had this to say in a statement,

These guys don’t belong to any specific organization. They’re in the field where the U.S. troops are not supposed to be. It’s a small team with very strong personalities and very specific skill sets. They’re using weapons nobody knows about but it’s very grounded. It’s not sci-fi.

I always thought these games would make for a great film, so I'm happy that it's going to happen! This is the third film project that Ubisoft has set up in the last year. They are also developing films for Splinter Cell with Tom Hardy and Assassin's Creed with Michael Fassbender.

I have a feeling we're about to enter an age where video game movies aren't going to suck anymore.

What do you think of Bay taking on Ghost Recon?
Who has read this thread:
Working...
X