Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share a print screen or archive/folders-genres of all the music u listen to.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share a print screen or archive/folders-genres of all the music u listen to.

thought it would be interesting to see what other stuff you guys listen to, apart from pac. and i mean in a collective sense like displaying the genres of folders you have archived for your music.

i'm curious how wide all you're music spectrum is. would be nice to view .

below is an example of my chrome music bookmarks:

both still need more organising

and below are the some of music folders on my external hard drive that i have managed to put in genres.

also do you all use any tools or programmes to help you organise ur bookmarks or folders when it comes to renaming. or selecting and dragging stuff to other folders in mass, or do you do your organising straight manual?
    Last edited by Phenomenon; 12-17-2017, 10:46 AM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

That's a lot of categorizing! Do you remember where to find the important stuff?

In the end a document management software would be the shit. Adding metadata to files would enable alt ways to browse music regardless of the folder structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Slut View Post
      That's a lot of categorizing! Do you remember where to find the important stuff?

In the end a document management software would be the shit. Adding metadata to files would enable alt ways to browse music regardless of the folder structure.
      haha good question, most of the time i can find whats important. either through the search bar, or just going to the directory of wherever i put a certain file ( if i remember therefore its "improtant" sometime.) the only down side about having everything so categorised and split up is that there might be some files or songs that i dont see for a while unless if i decide to click on a certain category. but it can the listening or the viewing of a files very monotonous. what i mean by that is it makes things feel less organic.

i will give u an example of an organic feeling of having an unsorted folder with random files on it that you randomly generated from bookmarking your links. lets say if i would of found a track i like and then i would of also bookmarked the recommended videos from that youtube link or i searched the sample of the track i bookmarked and bookmarked the sample link right after also. in this unsorted bookmark file it would be easy to show a friend the corresponding tracks that i found like in a historical "baby photo album." unlike if it's organised i wouldn't be able to do that so well because i would put the sample in the sample folder. which then would lose that connection between 2 genres of music that share certain elements like the sampled instrumental and the sample. so keep things unsorted can be easier to access a diverse of topics or genres of music.

but when you have too many bookmarks and files i guess your better of fully categorising. only problem is my chrome bookmarks tend to lag lol.

do u use any document management software?
      It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Comment

I listen to everything, just not country, metal & hard rock

Comment

this is too much work and a waste of my time.

everything is in my music and visible. every day it's like spin the wheel and lets see who won

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenon View Post
            thought it would be interesting to see what other stuff you guys listen to, apart from pac. and i mean in a collective sense like displaying the genres of folders you have archived for your music.

i'm curious how wide all you're music spectrum is. would be nice to view .

Bachata lol..

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
            If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
            but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
            -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
            -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenon View Post

The mixture of capitalization and lower case is bothering me lol

Comment

much props for your huge music library [MENTION=15130]Phenomenon

I'm not so organized and I listen only to a few genres

...my main genres are Rap/R&B/New Jack Swing from late 80s to early 00s, Reggae and Dancehall from Bob Marley & Cutty Ranks 'til today...

From time to time I like to hear some exotic music like 70s-80s Funk, and some classic guitar music like Led Zeppelin/Deep Purple or some Soul or Blues, but I have this music only on vinyl from my father & father-in-law collection.
                "You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

My lossless folder

If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

My lossy folder

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

My movies HD folder

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

My 2Pac folder

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by Husxle View Post
                          Bachata lol..
                          what about vallenatos though? lol

thank you for sharing your print screens. makes me think of switching up my folder system on my folders on my hard drive.

i mostly just have the artist folder and then the album folders in it.

my only thing that would bother me, would be like having the same artist wide between eachother due to the different name and the alphabet order. like 2pac and makaveli.

or like MF Doom he has other albums where the artist name is , Metal fingers or zev love x or king geedorah or the villain or viktor vaughn. all these "alter egos" is MF doom but with a different artist title. it would be too scattered to have that all over the place. so i would like to keep them under the MF Doom folder but still have the proper name within the subfolders.
                          Last edited by Phenomenon; 12-20-2017, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominator View Post
                            The mixture of capitalization and lower case is bothering me lol
                            haha for real i thought about that, but i let it be, i decided that i would fix the the caps and all that and make it neater once i have put all my bookmarks (not just music) in "order"

Comment

Originally posted by insanity View Post
                              this is too much work and a waste of my time.

everything is in my music and visible. every day it's like spin the wheel and lets see who won
                              i agree it is too much work. but im organising my bookmarks for other content also not just music. just because i have too much that i cant remember and i dont want to download every single track i have on youtube bookmarks. because 1. the quality wont be the best. 2. some of it i wont be able to find online and if i can find it may be not in the best quality. 3. i dont use stuff like spotify because i often listen to underground music. 4. having all that on my computer ( just so i can hit shuffle play on like some itunes or something) will take too much space. and 5. i feel like ive gone too deep into the rabbit whole with all the amount of book marks i have saved to just switch the system i got going lol. my bookmarks tend to lag when i click on the search bar. so im thinking of just adding all this music into playlists on youtube. but first i have to organise what i have and delete some dead links etc.. wish there was a faster way.

how wide is your taste in genre of music?

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X