Mastering for Reference Set Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastering for Reference Set Songs

Hi everyone, I was wondering if you think it's a good idea to mastering these songs ?

Because the mixes are already compressed. Is it possible to optimize the quality of the song ?

Do a bear shit in the woods and wipe his ass with a fluffy white rabbit?
    Last edited by MrMind; 11-18-2017, 06:11 AM.
    MrMind's cpu acapellas & Remasters Share 09/12 - 09/13

MrMind's (2pac Remasters)

MrMind 2pac cpu Acapellas

Comment

I wouldn't bother. They are reference mixdowns and the quality is good enough. Many other things would need fine tuning.

Comment

Originally posted by marcuccio1995 View Post
        Hi everyone, I was wondering if you think it's a good idea to mastering these songs ?

Because the mixes are already compressed. Is it possible to optimize the quality of the song ?
        Add in +4db bass and +3db treble across the board then brickwall, the 2Pac Scene way...
        I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
        Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

It ain't necessarily so.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post
            Add in +4db bass and +3db treble across the board then brickwall, the 2Pac Scene way...
            In many cases using a limiter is necessary. Without brickwalling many tracks are not loud enough on iPhone.

Comment

Add the slightest increment of "mastering" to the reference set, then it's ruined.

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
              Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X