Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2Pac ft Stretch - Peep Game Pt2 (DJ Filthy Rich Mixdown #1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Pac ft Stretch - Peep Game Pt2 (DJ Filthy Rich Mixdown #1)

I took the Stems that leaked, and tried to put them together using the original elements to try and keep it sounding OG. Check it out and lemme know what you think.....

Last edited by djfilthyrich; 10-09-2017, 06:12 PM.

Sup bro, [MENTION=15581]djfilthyrich I really like your mix down. the timing elements are superb..i like a lot of other mix downs, but there has always been that slurred element as if the beat was dragging. Perhaps you can keep the timing but do a couple other mix downs. This is amazing bro.

Comment

Is that an alternative to the break at 00:25 and the beat drop at 00:40-00:42? I'm sure these are the very elements that allowed for the virtually perfect timing throughs the song, without that slurred appeal.

Comment

the lady outro was perfect.

Comment

Haha you took my idea with the beat break when Pac says "keep your head up"! But honestly i like your mix, especially your piano cuts. Good idea also adding Pac saying "peep game" after stretch on the chorus.

Comment

Originally posted by realest2947 View Post
            Is that an alternative to the break at 00:25 and the beat drop at 00:40-00:42? I'm sure these are the very elements that allowed for the virtually perfect timing throughs the song, without that slurred appeal.
            Thanks for the feedback. The 'slurred element' you are referring to was actually a corruption in the drum track, so I had to remove it manually, and re-adjust the other tracks to fit in time. This is also the reason at the 25 second mark why I dropped the beat out, and fortunately it happened during a lyric that sounds good being isolated.

To answer your other question at the 40 second mark, I just muted the other instruments because I thought that part sounded better with a bare drum break.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Matsuda. Glad you like it. I actually never heard your mix before homie. The reason I dropped the beat out at that part was because of the corrupted (slurred) drums from the Stems. It just so happened that it fell on that 'Keep Ya Head Up' lyric.

I'm gonna do a couple other mixdowns where I take out certain instruments, and I'll post them up in this thread

Comment

Ok and didn't you listenned to some mixdowns on youtube? Someone posted my version a few weeks ago:

Last edited by matsuda92; 10-04-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Common bro, you can say you were inspired (or maybe inconsciously) with all the cuts you have done in your mix i know that if you wanted you could have avoid that break...

Comment

Originally posted by matsuda92 View Post
                    Common bro, you can say you were inspired (or maybe inconsciously) with all the cuts you have done in your mix i know that if you wanted you could have avoid that break...
                    haha honestly I didn't take that from your mix homie....dropping out a beat is something that I do on a lot of my blends, and I actually used that trick before on a Buju Banton dubplate acapella where he goes totally offbeat for a whole sentence, so I dropped out the beat and dropped it back in when he started rapping again.

it literally happened by chance because (as you probably know already from working with these stems) that exact part of the song where he says 'keep your head up' is exactly where the corrupted slurred drums were. so i dropped out the beat, and since it sounded good acapella, I decided to leave it like that and not try to sync drums underneath (also less work for me haha).

so we can just say 'great minds think alike'
                    I like the graphic you did on your video....did you make that yourself? how did you get the letters to move like that? I'm not that great with picture editing.

p.s. here's another couple of Pac blends I did before. I have some more 2Pac blends from previous mixtapes I did in the past 10-15 years....I'll post them up here once I get a chance to rip them. Best thing to do is subscribe to me on YouTube, and you'll be updated whenever I drop new music....

Last edited by djfilthyrich; 10-04-2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Ok, my bad!

Comment

honestly the slurred drums part was not a big issue for me, the break i did when Pac says "Keep your head up" was a choice and a cheeky wink to the same name song of Pac which was his first success.

It ain't my video. Somebody on the site found my mixdown and posted it on youtube with that vid. So i can't help you for that!

Yeah i already went on your youtube account and listen your mixes. The "back in the days" mix is a good idea for the old school acapella

Wow i have miss that vid with Changes acapella on michael jackson's beat! I think it could make a great remix but the beat has to be remade the Pac's way and remove mike and Barack. And there i can say you are inspiring me!

Have you seen my private message?
                        Last edited by matsuda92; 10-04-2017, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by realest2947 View Post
                          Sup bro, [MENTION=15581]djfilthyrich I really like your mix down. the timing elements are superb..i like a lot of other mix downs, but there has always been that slurred element as if the beat was dragging. Perhaps you can keep the timing but do a couple other mix downs. This is amazing bro.
                          Here are 2 other mixdowns I did:

Mixdown #2 (NO KEYS)

Mixdown #3 (NO KEYS OR SYNTH STABS)

Comment

Originally posted by djfilthyrich View Post
                            Here are 2 other mixdowns I did:

Mixdown #2 (NO KEYS)

Mixdown #3 (NO KEYS OR SYNTH STABS)
                            https://dbr.ee/Qji5
                            Props bro! Love your work. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Do you have another download link? Mega maybe. Would be much appreciated

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X