2pac - Coming Home (starin through my rearview Remix) by Chris Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2pac - Coming Home (starin through my rearview Remix) by Chris Shine

So I reworked this many times. Now I think it sounds ok. What do u guys think with this remix?

I'm not an anti-remixes of Pac's tracks but for me the retail version of "Starin trough my rearview" with the Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight sample is already perfect so i don't understand why people need to remix it!
    Now your remix is average to me. It ain't bad, but it ain't great either. When i listen to the retail or the og i can focus on Pac's lyrics but not in your mix.

Comment

I think thats because it's one of the better quality acapellas leaked. I first planned soon as I get home to remix, but no acapella found.
      Even there exists a great remake of the og instrumental already, I wonder how this one would sound or fit in my mix.
      Thats right the og fits great so the chords of Phil Collins and focus is more on the voice cause the voice is more lead instrument on that mix.
      Thanks for your Feedback!

Comment

Your welcome! You know you can't imagine how many beats and remixes of Pac i did but when i compare to most of the ogs or best retails i avoid to post my remixes because if they aren't as good or better than the ogs or the best retails of the track i want to remix it is worthless except adding some bad remixes on youtube. That's the way i think.

Comment

I only listened quickly but it sounds like your pella is missing layers as Pacs vocals didn't sound complete. Technically you're a good producer as the things are where they should be but conceptually this style of beat doesn't suit the vocals. I like your drum programming however. Here's a idea, take your beat back to the lab, isolate the guitar stems from the STTR multitrack and rebuild your beat incorporating that element and see what happens.
          I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
          Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

nice video

Comment

I can remember critics on Em as he tried to change Pacs style and voice pitch thing.
              The OG version or retail are most already very good else we wouldn't love pacs music.
              Of course another bad remix on yt makes no sense. On the other side many successful remixes are bad too especially compared to OG.
              It's a big task to keep the emotional feeling and vibe but do sth completely new.
              Sounds interesting what you wrote "Palmolive Thug". And I have to find the full layered acapella...
              Its a good idea. Now I tried it. I removed elements like bass and drums and focused on the acapella.
              Giving the acapella a more smooth string feeling thing, is sounding way better too me. So you right a style change is the deal.
              These creates a completely different emotions and atmosphere to this track.
              But a hell of work cause drum and bass guitar have to be kicked. It will be a new thing if done. But have to start from scratch.
              Last edited by cprima; 10-25-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

can u upload a download link, Dope mix!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X