Hi, I'm NickT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm NickT

Wassup My name might ring a few bells to the folks that have been on the scene a long time. For those that don't know me, I'll hit you with a little background.

I was a YouTube remixer from 2009-2011. I started out pretty much just doing mash-ups, wanting to hear my favourite rappers on certain tracks so I'd basically just replace verses with the likes of 2Pac, Biggie and a bunch of others. Moved onto producing my own beats after a while and doing custom hooks and stuff, though I still did a lot of stuff based around my roots. People must have appreciated my style of work, as I had about 12,000 subscribers at the peak of my channel, which is fuck all these days but back then, there was nobody else in the 2Pac remixing community that had that many subscribers. So you could say I did good

Anyway, enough blowing smoke up my own ass. At the time I was running my channel, I'd just left college and was unemployed and then went on to part time employment after a while, so I had a lot of time to work on mixes. Wasn't making much money, had a huge body of work, so I decided I'd help my financial situation out a little bit. Basically, I uploaded everything I'd ever made (we're talking probably over 200 tracks here, by the time you factor in mixtape-exclusives) to a Mediafire account so that people could browse and download anything they wanted, but I only shared the link with people that donated £1 to me. I thought it was a fair ask as I'd put in countless man-hours into all my work, and in this day particularly I don't think anyone would see an issue, but some people took exception to it and one guy even hacked my YouTube account over it and got it closed down. Goes without saying, if I knew it was gonna piss people off that much, then I wouldn't have bothered, but nvm.

So that's my little story. I never completely left the music scene, in fact I've worked with some local artists in the past couple years but it's been working on House music, so I've picked up some better production skills since then and there's a lot of stuff I didn't know when I was making my mixes and beats during my active period that I know now.

I've never made another YouTube account, I started full-time work at around the same time my account was hacked and I was only gonna be mixing here and there from then on anyway, so I decided to not bother. Pretty much uploaded anything new to forums like Mob-Figgaz and I've got a few newer Biggie mixtapes on Datpiff.
    A lot of people have uploaded my old mixes to YouTube, but there's still a lot of stuff that people haven't got. If people are interested then I'll see if I can upload it all for people to download (no donations required this time!), there's a track here and there missing but I'd say at least 95% of it is there.

Look forward to seeing you all around the forum, and I wanna get back into mixing again so you might see a new mix from me here and there!

Welcome to the forum.

Nice intro, look forward to having you about.

Comment

to the Forum [MENTION=16228]NickT

Great introduction

I’m curious to hear some of your mixes

I just started last year to make my own beats, I’m looking forward to learn something from you
      "You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

Thanks, fellas
        [MENTION=2846]AK47 I've got a few Biggie mixtapes up on Datpiff from like 4 years ago, basically did my own editions of his 4 albums just remixing most of the tracks on them and shit, I can't post links yet but if you Google "NickT147 Datpiff" then you should find my profile and you can stream them

Comment

Here you go.

Comment

Originally posted by NickT View Post
            Thanks, fellas
            [MENTION=2846]AK47 I've got a few Biggie mixtapes up on Datpiff from like 4 years ago, basically did my own editions of his 4 albums just remixing most of the tracks on them and shit, I can't post links yet but if you Google "NickT147 Datpiff" then you should find my profile and you can stream them
            Great, I’m not into Biggie but I’ll definitely give them a listen

Originally posted by Pompey View Post
            Thanks bro
            "You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
              Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

Hi NickT, i knew i had already seen that name somewhere.

Welcome here! Enjoy

Comment

Welcome to the site

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
                  sigpic

Comment

Wassup My name might ring a few bells to the folks that have been on the scene a long time. For those that don't know me, I'll hit you with a little background.

I was a YouTube remixer from 2009-2011. I started out pretty much just doing mash-ups, wanting to hear my favourite rappers on certain tracks so I'd basically just replace verses with the likes of 2Pac, Biggie and a bunch of others. Moved onto producing my own beats after a while and doing custom hooks and stuff, though I still did a lot of stuff based around my roots. People must have appreciated my style of work, as I had about 12,000 subscribers at the peak of my channel, which is fuck all these days but back then, there was nobody else in the 2Pac remixing community that had that many subscribers. So you could say I did good

Anyway, enough blowing smoke up my own ass. At the time I was running my channel, I'd just left college and was unemployed and then went on to part time employment after a while, so I had a lot of time to work on mixes. Wasn't making much money, had a huge body of work, so I decided I'd help my financial situation out a little bit. Basically, I uploaded everything I'd ever made (we're talking probably over 200 tracks here, by the time you factor in mixtape-exclusives) to a Mediafire account so that people could browse and download anything they wanted, but I only shared the link with people that donated £1 to me. I thought it was a fair ask as I'd put in countless man-hours into all my work, and in this day particularly I don't think anyone would see an issue, but some people took exception to it and one guy even hacked my YouTube account over it and got it closed down. Goes without saying, if I knew it was gonna piss people off that much, then I wouldn't have bothered, but nvm.

So that's my little story. I never completely left the music scene, in fact I've worked with some local artists in the past couple years but it's been working on House music, so I've picked up some better production skills since then and there's a lot of stuff I didn't know when I was making my mixes and beats during my active period that I know now.

I've never made another YouTube account, I started full-time work at around the same time my account was hacked and I was only gonna be mixing here and there from then on anyway, so I decided to not bother. Pretty much uploaded anything new to forums like Mob-Figgaz and I've got a few newer Biggie mixtapes on Datpiff.
                    A lot of people have uploaded my old mixes to YouTube, but there's still a lot of stuff that people haven't got. If people are interested then I'll see if I can upload it all for people to download (no donations required this time!), there's a track here and there missing but I'd say at least 95% of it is there.

Look forward to seeing you all around the forum, and I wanna get back into mixing again so you might see a new mix from me here and there!
                    Hey I used to be subscribed to you but got a new YT. Are you still on YT man? And do you still have that 2pac and Biggie slipping remix? Welcome to 2PF!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the walcome, folks!
                      Originally posted by Makaveliandcheese View Post
                      Hey I used to be subscribed to you but got a new YT. Are you still on YT man? And do you still have that 2pac and Biggie slipping remix? Welcome to 2PF!!!
                      Nah I never got a new YT after the other one got taken down man, most likely someone making another account in my name lol. Still not got an account to this day.
                      Yeah I've still got that one dude!

Comment

Thanks for the walcome, folks!

Nah I never got a new YT after the other one got taken down man, most likely someone making another account in my name lol. Still not got an account to this day.
                        Yeah I've still got that one dude!
                        hey man i enjoyed your mixes in the past and still got your old mixes and old yt videos mixes

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

[MENTION=16228]NickT

Michael Jackson - Give In To Me (NickT Remix)

Respect (NickT Remix)

Love these two classics by you.

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
                            Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X