Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you like pac, perhaps check out immortal technique.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you like pac, perhaps check out immortal technique.

Hey guys i was just wondering how many of you on this board listen to immortal technique, and if you dislike him elaborate on why you do? and if you have never heard of him, please take a moment to listen to him.

p.s. judging immortal technique from only listening to dance with the devil or bin laden doesn't count lol (that's the equivalent of judging pac from only listening to "changes" when u know theirs more to pac than just changes and his other mainstream songs like: cali love, do for love and how do u want it etc.

Immortal technique is an east coast harlem hip hop rapper with a revolutionary message. he reminds me of pac in the traits of pacs sincererness, political and militant approach when it comes to conversing about certain subjects. he does have that fashion to be all up in your face but equipped with an educated mind and knowledge. like he could be almost perfect as a pac disciple. (i know thats a big statement to make) but i don't know any revolutionary rapper out there like immortal technique who has such deep lyrics and substance in his music. or someone who is an actual activist, and independent with no mainstream strings attached. and someone who actually speaks his mind with some new and refreshing topics to mention in his music and interviews.. (and just how its fascinating to listen to pac speak through interviews as well as listen to his music, the same thing applies with immortal technique, you will find that intellectual spirit in technique also.

as technique has stated before "I got a Black Panther mentality with a spic fist."

(tbh i don't think i have done much justice in introducing you guys to him. so if u can please take the time to acknowledge his style and formula, and listen to the songs with the lyrics. you might find a blessing lol but like pac said below

^^"If you take your time and hear me, Maybe you can learn to cheer me" - 2pac ^^

The source gave him hip hop quotable even though he isn't a mainstream rapper.

"Immortal Technique is the only rapper in history to have a “Hip Hop Quotable” while being unsigned."

and it was for this track:

if you want to listen to more of his music i suggest you listen his album "Revolutionary Vol 2"
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Comment

on this track he makes an important statement pac.
      "but you know what i think is just pathetic and gay, when nigga's speculate abnout what the fuck pac would say,
      you don't know shit about a dead man's perspective and talking shit will get your neck bone disconnected"

the 2 tracks below are actually deep songs ( like a brendas got a baby type of story telling)

Comment

I've liked him since his first album in 2006 or whatever it was, definitely a good artist. I don't really see a connect in comparing him with Pac though, lots of rappers talk about social and political issues but with completely different styles

Comment

Originally posted by Esoteric View Post
          I've liked him since his first album in 2006 or whatever it was, definitely a good artist. I don't really see a connect in comparing him with Pac though, lots of rappers talk about social and political issues but with completely different styles
          u mean, his album revolutionary volume 1 in 2005? have u checked out his second album? what other rappers would u recommend that talk about social and political issues on a similar level? dont mention lupe fiasco lol, in uk we have lowkey and akala.

tbh what i felt of him being like pac, is that could he could be fit being a disciple. that if u like pac for being sincere, political and someone who talks about social aspects on the state of society. immortal technique i believe ticks that box very well.

we know that pac achieved so much throughout his life time and a lot of people forget that he passed away at age 25. and some say he was still yet to reach his peak. when u compare what other "black leaders did" by the age of 25. http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/DfnGSzjG/file.html
          i know it's all speculation with pac, but in this sense of the "unknown alternative timeline" if pac would of survived. he might of at least became the teacher?

even though immortal technique isn't as big as 2pac. i believe technique has reached teacher status. along with having a hood pass. and passing his crash course in pen lol. but yh, i wasn't trying to say that immortal technique sounds like pac or is influenced by pac. but i think u will find him touching on similar stuff as pac but with more depth. like saying real recognize real.

Comment

I played him out quick. I used to love his stuff though..

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
            If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
            but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
            -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
            -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by Niner_M_O_B View Post
              I played him out quick. I used to love his stuff though..
              what else do u listen to, thats on that level?

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenon View Post
                what other rappers would u recommend that talk about social and political issues on a similar level?
                Dead Prez

Comment

Paris is a go-to rapper for this kind of topic

Comment

Originally posted by 2psah View Post
                    Dead Prez
                    im familiar with dead prez, ty, but is there a particular song u can link, where they go as "deep" or "deeper?" lol

Comment

Originally posted by Esoteric View Post
                      Paris is a go-to rapper for this kind of topic
                      nice i like to bump some paris on the odd occasion, shit gets me hyped lool. what track would u suggest in your opinion speaks the most to you from paris as well as technique?

Comment

nice i like to bump some paris on the odd occasion, shit gets me hyped lool. what track would u suggest in your opinion speaks the most to you from paris as well as technique?
                        I don't play either of them with enough regularity to suggest songs, but after I named Paris I went and listened to "Bush Killa"

Comment

Sounds like the beat you can hear on the Still Ballin' OG acapella

Comment

listened to tech for years now other main notables for me are akala lowkey and the uk logic
                            sigpic

Comment

I love Tech. Been waiting for his new album forever though

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X