Linkin park singer commits suicide by hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linkin park singer commits suicide by hanging

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.
    Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.
    Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.
    The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Chester was very close with Chris Cornell, who himself committed suicide by hanging in May. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Chester wrote an open letter to Chris on the day of Chris' suicide.
    The band has had a string of hits over the years, including "Faint," "In the End" and "Crawling." Linkin Park crossed music genres, collaborating with Jay-Z.

The band's album, "Meteora," was one of the biggest alternative albums in music history.
    Bennington was 41.
    RIP

I absolutely have no sympathy for people who commit suicide when they leave children and a wife behind. Pretty selfish.

Comment

Originally posted by hc View Post
      I absolutely have no sympathy for people who commit suicide when they leave children and a wife behind. Pretty selfish.
      yea its not right i have a friend that hung himself in april and he had two kids 6 and 7.

Comment

What the absolute fuck. I used to listen to his music in my childhood years growing up. Horrible news. R.I.P Chester.

Comment

RIP! sad to lose another of my favorite hard rock vocalists. the guy had a great voice for his style of music!

so ..... since he wasnt connected to DEATH ROW or tupac ,can we agree that he really died from suicide and not some larger conspiracy? lol
          Last edited by jackcorgi; 07-20-2017, 09:40 PM.
          "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face...." Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by hc View Post
            I had a friend in my childhood, his father has hung himself, my friends sister found him hanging in the hallway, she was 10 my friend 14, they were both never the same person like before!

That's horrible, no child deserves to see this! Idk how deep the inner problems must be to choose such a cruel way to die...in front of your kids!

We all have problems in our lives but to kill yourself and don't think about that your kids can find you is pretty selfish!

Anyways...

...Rest in Peace...
            "You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
              I had a friend in my childhood, his father has hung himself, my friends sister found him hanging in the hallway, she was 10 my friend 14, they were both never the same person like before!

That's horrible, no child deserves to see this! Idk how deep the inner problems must be to choose such a cruel way to die...in front of your kids!

We all have problems in our lives but to kill yourself and don't think about that your kids can find you is pretty selfish!

Anyways...

...Rest in Peace...
              the article i read stated that an employee found him.
              im not sure of the details involved but RIP ...you deserve it Chester
              "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face...." Mike Tyson

Comment

When I was younger I listened to some of their songs. Really sad he died this way. If u read some of the news you'll see he had a pretty hard/fucked up life when he was young and still had some depressions.
                RIP to him.

Comment

Thats the Problem, Depression is a Illness, Which should be taken seriously!! Its not selfish its just a Illness. People dont Understand it, cause they have no clue what it means....its not funny.
                  Love the old Musik first 2 Albums were Nice.

RIP
                  Last edited by Mr.Passion; 07-20-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackcorgi View Post
                    the article i read stated that an employee found him.
                    im not sure of the details involved but RIP ...you deserve it Chester
                    I didn't knew this, I was just talking about my friend and his sister that experienced this horrible situation...

Originally posted by Mr.Passion View Post
                    Thats the Problem, Depression is a Illness, Which should be taken seriously!! Its not selfish its just a Illness. People dont Understand it, cause they have no clue what it means....its not funny.
                    Love the old Musik first 2 Albums were Nice.

RIP
                    Don't take me wrong, I don't think it's funny or not serious, I had a few friends that suffered of hard depressions, I know the struggle, I had some depressions too...but I experienced this with my friend and his sister...this experience changed their whole life...they never will get happy again...if you are at the point to kill yourself, just do it not involving others...my friends father could had look this like an accident or whatever, but he decided to hung him in his house where the kids found him dead. I can't respect that because he destroyed the future of his kids. The look of your dead father is following you your whole life... He must had thought about this situation... however I wouldn't wish depressions to my enemies because it's really fucked up situation...

This thread isn't about my Friend and his father so...

Rest In Peace
                    "You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

tbh from a young age when i use to see him sing on music videos. i would always get that feelin that he'd be the type to commit suicide "i tried so hard and got so far, but in thy end it doesn't even matter."

[MENTION=12451]hc [MENTION=2399]GreenL420 [MENTION=2846]AK47 (hope you don't mind me tagging you guys)
                      i use to say that i have no sympathy for those that commit suicide. but sometimes u can't fathom the feeling of the hardship that someone is going through. ( i know some people view people that are suicidal as weak but as an example sometimes the "weakness or the issue" doesn't need to arrive from a traumatic event or an environment full of obstacles where shit just isn't going well for u.

i will give u a real life example. at one point my mother had cancer on her thyroid, and she had to have her thyroid removed, and this caused a chemical imbalance in her head due to the lack of thyroid hormones that she was recieving in her body= (organ malfunctioning in her body.) this made my mother really paranoid and out of touch with reality. she became very depressed and on edge to the point where she felt that everyone was out to get her of she wasn't able to trust any1 except me, on top of that she had server symptoms of pareidolia.

pareidolia is like when u see images of things that aren't there but it coincidentally your brain can decipher it into it's own translation and meaning. so my mum would get anxious and feel despair, she couldn't trust technology so removed her light bulb from her room and she would turn off all the electronics in the house, she stopped using her laptop because she would get adverts about things that she would search (not realizing how cookies worked) and suggested videos on youtube (as if something was reading her mind) she also would turn off the microwave (because she would find "messages" in the digital number dial light) and the tv because of the stand by little infra red light (she saw it as a camera/mic.) she couldn't bare watching tv because she felt like the people in the tv was symbolically telling her that there going to murder her. and lets say if the the news was showing the weather, my mum would see the numbers coming up (the degrees of temperature) like a time and date that the there going to assassinate her.

it was just hard trying to convince her that none of it's real. she began to stop eating and lost a lot of weight. (she thought that my dad was trying to plot against her and to poison her whenever he would make us something to eat.) whenever our neighbors above us would use the tap in the kitchen or in the toilet. and u would hear the bubbles in the water tank raise-my mum would think that this is a sign that "whoever is behind it is toying with her and is stating that she will soon be dead, i.e. the amount of times that the bubble made a sound in the tank symbolized the amount of shots thats going to hit her.
                      i would go to the doctors with her, and she wouldn't want to go or even stay there for long, i tried to explain to them what was going on. and they weren't quite sure about it themselves, they took it lightly, the doctor received a phone call in the middle of our appointment from the main desk (it's normal for the doctors to multitask and recieve calls during an appoint.) but yh that freaked my mum out, she thought that the doctor was "in on it" on having her assassinated, so doctor picking up the phone (in my mums head was like the doctor saying "yes we have her, shoot when ur ready.")

so you can imagine that my mums paranoia/schizophrenia really got out of hand, she couldn't be around technology or people. even a crow making noises outside on a tree messed with her psyche. so yeah the doctors gave her anti depressant pills ( which she refused to take, until randomly one day she took loads and tried to overdose on them.) luckily i was late for uni that day and she told me what she had just done and i called the ambulance instantly. and thankfully my mum is still here with me. and she recovered, theres been moments where the paranoia has come back twice more. but that is because she hasn't taken the right amount of dosage for her thyroid replacement pills. but yeah. i've also have had a friend who has shot himself. as well as another friend who has attempted to commit suicide just the same like my mum.

i'm not saying you should have sympathy. but just stating that for some people.
                      it can be a chemical imbalance that makes them act out of character. and for others it can be certain ques and ticks that pushes them over the edge to not grasp reality properly for a partial duration.

my friend went on facebook live, moments before he committed suicide he was drunk and he couldn't face his demons on his own.

i only share the video, due to he fact that it's very rare that u get so see how a person behaves before they do it. rather than having sympathy maybe some empathy can be absorbed as some awareness on this subject i don't know.

ofc whats done is done. but maybe if u have someone close to u that is always stressed out, maybe you can find some different approach for them before it can get serious, we live in a society where our bodies is old hardware and we are constantly trying to apply new software thats incompatible with our old hardware, and thats when the body commences to malfunction. We eat to be full rather than to be nourished.

p.s. sorry for the long story
                      Last edited by Phenomenon; 07-20-2017, 11:37 PM.
                      It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenon View Post
                        tbh from a young age when i use to see him sing on music videos. i would always get that feelin that he'd be the type to commit suicide "i tried so hard and got so far, but in thy end it doesn't even matter."

[MENTION=12451]hc [MENTION=2399]GreenL420 [MENTION=2846]AK47 (hope you don't mind me tagging you guys)
                        i use to say that i have no sympathy for those that commit suicide. but sometimes u can't fathom the feeling of the hardship that someone is going through. ( i know some people view people that are suicidal as weak but as an example sometimes the "weakness or the issue" doesn't need to arrive from a traumatic event or an environment full of obstacles where shit just isn't going well for u.

i will give u a real life example. at one point my mother had cancer on her thyroid, and she had to have her thyroid removed, and this caused a chemical imbalance in her head due to the lack of thyroid hormones that she was recieving in her body= (organ malfunctioning in her body.) this made my mother really paranoid and out of touch with reality. she became very depressed and on edge to the point where she felt that everyone was out to get her of she wasn't able to trust any1 except me, on top of that she had server symptoms of pareidolia.

pareidolia is like when u see images of things that aren't there but it coincidentally your brain can decipher it into it's own translation and meaning. so my mum would get anxious and feel despair, she couldn't trust technology so removed her light bulb from her room and she would turn off all the electronics in the house, she stopped using her laptop because she would get adverts about things that she would search (not realizing how cookies worked) and suggested videos on youtube (as if something was reading her mind) she also would turn off the microwave (because she would find "messages" in the digital number dial light) and the tv because of the stand by little infra red light (she saw it as a camera/mic.) she couldn't bare watching tv because she felt like the people in the tv was symbolically telling her that there going to murder her. and lets say if the the news was showing the weather, my mum would see the numbers coming up (the degrees of temperature) like a time and date that the there going to assassinate her.

it was just hard trying to convince her that none of it's real. she began to stop eating and lost a lot of weight. (she thought that my dad was trying to plot against her and to poison her whenever he would make us something to eat.) whenever our neighbors above us would use the tap in the kitchen or in the toilet. and u would hear the bubbles in the water tank raise-my mum would think that this is a sign that "whoever is behind it is toying with her and is stating that she will soon be dead, i.e. the amount of times that the bubble made a sound in the tank symbolized the amount of shots thats going to hit her.
                        i would go to the doctors with her, and she wouldn't want to go or even stay there for long, i tried to explain to them what was going on. and they weren't quite sure about it themselves, they took it lightly, the doctor received a phone call in the middle of our appointment from the main desk (it's normal for the doctors to multitask and recieve calls during an appoint.) but yh that freaked my mum out, she thought that the doctor was "in on it" on having her assassinated, so doctor picking up the phone (in my mums head was like the doctor saying "yes we have her, shoot when ur ready.")

so you can imagine that my mums paranoia/schizophrenia really got out of hand, she couldn't be around technology or people. even a crow making noises outside on a tree messed with her psyche. so yeah the doctors gave her anti depressant pills ( which she refused to take, until randomly one day she took loads and tried to overdose on them.) luckily i was late for uni that day and she told me what she had just done and i called the ambulance instantly. and thankfully my mum is still here with me. and she recovered, theres been moments where the paranoia has come back twice more. but that is because she hasn't taken the right amount of dosage for her thyroid replacement pills. but yeah. i've also have had a friend who has shot himself. as well as another friend who has attempted to commit suicide just the same like my mum.

it can be a chemical imbalance that makes them act out of character. and for others it can be certain ques and ticks that pushes them over the edge to not grasp reality properly for a partial duration.

my friend went on facebook live, moments before he committed suicide he was drunk and he couldn't face his demons on his own.

i only share the video, due to he fact that it's very rare that u get so see how a person behaves before they do it. rather than having sympathy maybe some empathy can be absorbed as some awareness on this subject i don't know.

ofc whats done is done. but maybe if u have someone close to u that is always stressed out, maybe you can find some different approach for them before it can get serious, we live in a society where our bodies is old hardware and we are constantly trying to apply new software thats incompatible with our old hardware, and thats when the body commences to malfunction. We eat to be full rather than to be nourished.

Sorry to hear your situation but i was not saying i don't have sympathy more so that i don't care for the decision or choice they made but depression can be spontaneous and thoughts of suicide can enter quick.Trust me i know all to well as my mother has tried to kill herself 3 times when i was around 15-17 i had to pull a shotgun out of my fathers mouth when i was about 8 crying telling him not kill himself in his bedroom .I don't usually open up about that stuff because it still bothers me.My father now suffers from 3 types of cancer my mother has fibromyalgia and cant work i suffer depression and got health issues.My friend hung himself this april had another friend od 2 years ago along with my cousin last year had another cousin slit his stomach open and bleed out.Then one friend murdered and another died in a car accident and burnt to death after leaving my house.This is my life and not one bit of it is made up so thats why i question people that kill them self because the moral is everyone has life problems you shouldn't take the only life you will ever have.Thats just how i see it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
                          Sorry to hear your situation but i was not saying i don't have sympathy more so that i don't care for the decision or choice they made but depression can be spontaneous and thoughts of suicide can enter quick.Trust me i know all to well as my mother has tried to kill herself 3 times when i was around 15-17 i had to pull a shotgun out of my fathers mouth when i was about 8 crying telling him not kill himself in his bedroom .I don't usually open up about that stuff because it still bothers me.My father now suffers from 3 types of cancer my mother has fibromyalgia and cant work i suffer depression and got health issues.My friend hung himself this april had another friend od 2 years ago along with my cousin last year had another cousin slit his stomach open and bleed out.Then one friend murdered and another died in a car accident and burnt to death after leaving my house.This is my life and not one bit of it is made up so thats why i question people that kill them self because the moral is everyone has life problems you shouldn't take the only life you will ever have.Thats just how i see it anyway.
                          im sorry to hear that also bro , o. it's difficult but i appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us. and i agree with u fully. but i feel that the depressed individuals that attempt or achieve suicide. can also feel the same way "it the only life we have, and look what "i've done with it..." not being able to be optimistic, they're judgement is clouded and they think perhaps they are too much of a burden, that for a split second without giving themselves enough time to have a moment of clarity they truly believe that they are a burden and hopeless to anyone around them. it make sense to them at the time and if it doesn't make sense to them, it perhaps feels like the correct last option.

i do hope you remain strong through out the journey ahead man. there are things that can scar us mentally that can cause a self destructive state of mind. but i also think in general we don't nourish our stress enough.
                          typical scenario is, when someone is depressed they either stop eating, or overeat on junk food.
                          whenever u stress you produce adrenaline in your body (thats that restless feeling u get during stressful times) adrenaline as an example uses vitamina C as a fuel. so if your stressing and not eating the right food that contains the right minerals and vitamins that u need. your body will attack itself absorbing minerals from ur, bones, muscles etc in order to sustain itself. which then weakens your body and chemical imbalances can occur as well as illnesses.

check this track

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenon View Post

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
                            Sorry to hear about all the drama you guys are going thru. Reading all this reminds me of what 2Pac said. "We probably in hell already, our dumb asses not knowing" - Blasphemy.

Comment

Suicide is the way to tell GOD "fuck you"
                              Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X