DMX Facing Over 40 Years In Prison Over Massive Tax Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMX Facing Over 40 Years In Prison Over Massive Tax Debt

(AllHipHop News) Rapper DMX is in big trouble with the Internal Revenue Service tax collectors.

IRS officials have charged the “X Gon’ Give It to Ya” hitmaker with 14 counts of tax evasion and the U.S. Attorney’s Office in New York claims he has concealed his income for years, racking up a $1.7 million debt.

In documents obtained by TMZ, officials have accused DMX, real name Earl Simmons, of using the bank accounts of surrogates instead of his own to keep his once vast earnings under the radar.

In the indictment, prosecutors claim he listed his income in 2011 and 2012 as “unknown” when in reality he’d hauled in over $350,000 and $540,000 , respectively, and in 2013, he reported income of $10,000.

According to the officials, he actually brought in $250,000 that year.

If convicted on all 14 counts, the rap star faces 44 years behind bars.

The embattled hip-hop star recently completed a rehab stint after voluntarily entering a treatment centre in Southern California on April 27.

When the news of his latest rehab stay first hit the headlines, the rapper’s manager Pat Gallo confirmed the star would be taking time off to “focus on his health so that he can be a better father, friend and entertainer.”

Gallo added, “We are eternally grateful for the outpouring of concern and support that has poured in. We ask that you please keep X in your prayers as he embraces your support.”

Crazy to see what happend to him over the last years. Sad.

Comment

Poor guy :/

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
      If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
      but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
      -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
      -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Horrible news. He's just as good as dead being in jail for 44 years. He will be 86 years old when his sentence ends. Wow. I doubt he will live to see his 80's with all his drug problems.

Comment

waste of talent
          My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
          Vinyls: 60
          Cassettes: 110
          CDs: 216

Comment

never ever fuck wit da goverment

Comment

I really dont know, he can still do Dope Musik, with Musik and Rehab those are 2 valves which help very well to get Clean, othr things happened with him, i dont think its only the drugs, Why he destroys himself. Is that true around 40 years or even 30, better kill urself then....maybe u got the chance to go to heaven lol

Comment

they'll threaten with 44 years and settle for 5 and a hefty fine
                "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face...." Mike Tyson

Comment

40 years for tax debt? I find that hard to believe

Anyone from the states can tell the government is that tough?

Comment

Originally posted by hc View Post
                    40 years for tax debt? I find that hard to believe

Anyone from the states can tell the government is that tough?
                    they'll threaten with 44 years and settle for 5 and a hefty fine.

evading paying taxes has brought down many powerful people in america.
                    its almost like if theve committed other crimes but the feds cant convict on them theyll bring up tax evasion charges and get their conviction...like they did with al copone in the 20s
                    Last edited by jackcorgi; 07-15-2017, 07:10 PM.
                    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face...." Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by jackcorgi View Post
                      they'll threaten with 44 years and settle for 5 and a hefty fine
                      What is a hefty fine lol

Comment

Nnoooo!!

The second realest truest going down....

Comment

"I'm slippin, I'm fallin, there's a dick in my butt (what?!)"

Comment

Since i saw the "Rebound" movie when i was a young teenager i swear to myself, i'll never touch coke, heroine or stuff like that. Never touch these shits. It litterally destroy you!

Comment

DMX Facing Over 40 Years In Prison Over Massive Tax Debt

Really sad for me, I toured him several years ago and even though the drug usage was rampant (partly my fault because I had to organise them for him) we had a lot of discussions about religion. Fundamentally he's a good guy, but he battles his demons daily

We reached out to pat a few weeks ago trying to organise an Australian Tour but were met with a no at this stage

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X