Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW JACK SWING: Do you love it or hate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard a mix on youtube today and it reminded me of a song that I totally forgot to mention, I found it years ago and I was surprised, shocked and pleasured at the same time lol Of course Teddy Riley had his fingers in the mix...

Who of you guys knew that Boy George had a New Jack Song?? I really like this song, and Boy George is looking "normal". Not like I remember him from my childhood with his crazy Karma-Karma looks lol

[MENTION=2030]blacpain [MENTION=1655]djcoma1200 [MENTION=10102]jessegio34 [MENTION=1364]Joecool [MENTION=691]MarkyMark [MENTION=15359]matsuda92 [MENTION=10086]Palmolive Thug [MENTION=15130]Phenomenon
    "You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

Hey AK! I would never imagined him do that kind of music! Sorry i don't really like this one. The bassline velocity is too low and i find him pretty weak in that style. While i'm writing this reply i'm listenning "Do you really want to hurt me" and he is completly another artist.

Talking about scary faces Boy George was nothing compared to Klaus Nomi My parents had some Cds of him. The covers and even the songs scared me when i was a kid.

Comment

duuuude New Jack Swing is my go to when i wanna lift myself. My dad used to play Don't be cruel album all the time when i was a kid lol.

I loved Every Little Step when i was a kid (kindergarten) lol. I love listening to Guy as well, too fucking classic and classy tune.

This is my favorite too Al B.

I imagine Nino dancin with that red suit hahah

Last edited by Hennessy; 09-01-2017, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by matsuda92 View Post
          Hey AK! I would never imagined him do that kind of music! Sorry i don't really like this one. The bassline velocity is too low and i find him pretty weak in that style. While i'm writing this reply i'm listenning "Do you really want to hurt me" and he is completly another artist.

Talking about scary faces Boy George was nothing compared to Klaus Nomi My parents had some Cds of him. The covers and even the songs scared me when i was a kid.
          Yea lol I was so shocked when I heard him doing NJS Style. Idk why but I really like it I agree with you, "Do you really want to hurt me" is a whole another level...

I never heard of Klaus Nomi And he is german lol But now I understand why he scared you as a kid, he looks like a crossbreed of KISS and a Death Metal LOL

Originally posted by Hennessy View Post
          duuuude New Jack Swing is my go to when i wanna lift myself. My dad used to play Don't be cruel album all the time when i was a kid lol.

I loved Every Little Step when i was a kid (kindergarten) lol. I love listening to Guy as well, too fucking classic and classy tune.

This is my favorite too Al B.

I imagine Nino dancin with that red suit hahah

Same here Nothing brings me up like NJS All this 3 are classics

Nice, "Don't be cruel" is 1 of my favorites My Father just listened to Rock like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, The Doors and to a few black artists like Bob Marley, Michael Jackson and a lot of Blues like B.B. King and John Lee Hooker, so I grew up with this kind of music.

I remember when I 1st heard "Don't be cruel" while cruising through San Andreas lol oooh damn, how it got me infected immediately Big Tune!

Comment

Haha i thought you would know Klaus Nomi!

Comment

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post
              I must thank you bro [MENTION=10086]Palmolive Thug, I made a great discovery because of your suggestion

I received the "House Party Soundtrack" and I noticed this song is "Artz & Kraftz - Surely" and not by "Zan". The last 2 tracks are reversed on the back cover lol It's printed in correct order on the CD.

How ever, I researched "Artz & Kraftz" and found their only Album "The Experience", it's kinda rare but I found a "cheap" copy for 25€ and I really enjoy it, there are some nice tunes on it

The Album Version of "Surely" is slightly different than the House Party Version, I like 'em both

Big UP! Nice sunday everybody! STAY GREEN!

Comment

Comment

Comment

got one from 2018 with Bruno Mars with Cardi B - Finesse remix
                    great hommage to In Living Color and that era [MENTION=2846]AK47

collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by blacpain View Post
                      got one from 2018 with Bruno Mars with Cardi B - Finesse remix
                      great hommage to In Living Color and that era [MENTION=2846]AK47

this was unexpected good

I missed this one, thank you

I never thought that I’d say that a track featuring Cardi B. is good lol I’ve to check Bruno Mars, he had a few songs in the radio that sounded like true R&B!

Big UP!

Comment

Gotta swing back through and check this thread out as its been a hot minute.
                        I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
                        Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post

Gotta swing back through and check this thread out as its been a hot minute.
                          LMFAO

Comment

Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison (Remix)

Another Bad Creation - Playground (Original Version) (1991)

Another Bad Creation - Iesha (Official Video)

[MENTION=2846]AK47
                            collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by blacpain View Post
                              Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison (Remix)

Another Bad Creation - Playground (Original Version) (1991)

Another Bad Creation - Iesha (Official Video)

[MENTION=2846]AK47
                              Dope shit!!

Thanks for resurrecting this thread bro

Almost forgot about it lol

Haven’t listened to NJS in a bit but it’s always refreshing and uplifting!!

My latest purchases were the Joe Public Albums last year.

Comment

Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X