Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW JACK SWING: Do you love it or hate it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 of my all time favorites

...Rest in Heaven Kenny Greene...

"You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

...let's throw some Patwah in! Big UP Shinehead!

"I might act crazy but I don't smoke crack" LOL

Comment

Man, being around and on the scene when NJS came through and crushed the buildings was just a whole nother flex back then as this was the first time you got super slamming drums and ear snapping snares all up in the mix as that was the whole vibe. Lay some funky singers who were always in the pocket mixed with some sips and shorties and it was on.

Let me drop this here and swing through later with a lil something something:

What ended up killing NJS (apart from Teddy being a lazy ass recycling producer as he's wont to do) is how *everyone* bit the same breaks, melodies, instrumentation and style. Toward the end of the wave you'd be up in the club and it sounded like you'd just been listening to the same 6 hour long song with minor variations that you could interpret as bridges as the BPM, groove, harmonies, everything was 99% the same as everyone started chasing for that hit instead of doing their own thing.
        I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
        Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post
            Man, being around and on the scene when NJS came through and crushed the buildings was just a whole nother flex back then as this was the first time you got super slamming drums and ear snapping snares all up in the mix as that was the whole vibe. Lay some funky singers who were always in the pocket mixed with some sips and shorties and it was on.

What ended up killing NJS (apart from Teddy being a lazy ass recycling producer as he's wont to do) is how *everyone* bit the same breaks, melodies, instrumentation and style. Toward the end of the wave you'd be up in the club and it sounded like you'd just been listening to the same 6 hour long song with minor variations that you could interpret as bridges as the BPM, groove, harmonies, everything was 99% the same as everyone started chasing for that hit instead of doing their own thing.
            Yea, I believe how the clubs were burning when this new fresh sound bumped through the speakers

Too bad, but this biting/copying kills at the end every music genre. Every Era ends with everybody sounds the same or similar Very boring to hear all night the same shit....

Damn, thanks man I didn't knew these 2 This Zan song is fire!

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
              Damn, thanks man I didn't knew these 2 This Zan song is fire!
              Both of these are from the House Party soundtrack which is straight up heatrocks as OSTs were back in those days as it gave you a compilation of joints from known and unknown artists in between albums.

Comment

Both of these are from the House Party soundtrack which is straight up heatrocks as OSTs were back in those days as it gave you a compilation of joints from known and unknown artists in between albums.
                I'm already searching for this soundtrack lol sealed and not sealed almost same price, but I want to rip it anyways...hard decisions LOL

I love all my soundtracks, like you said, you get a good compilation of different artists, you get more for your money than buying a solo album...

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                  I'm already searching for this soundtrack lol sealed and not sealed almost same price, but I want to rip it anyways...hard decisions LOL

I love all my soundtracks, like you said, you get a good compilation of different artists, you get more for your money than buying a solo album...
                  Grab the Boomerang soundtrack whilst you're looking and the Mo Money one too, both are packed with some dope jams.

The main issue with the NJS days for me was how much heat only ever got released on white label promos that bumped in the club but never had any videos or official singles pressed so unless your pal was a DJ you were assed out. My tapes in those days were so dope that people flew around the world on holiday only to hear my compilations being played by someone unknown, talk about six degrees

The guy that used to DJ sold all of his vinyl off a few years back because "no one wants to hear that old shit now" plus he just rocks Serrato now which is a heck of a lot easier than humping crates and dealing with this:

There were so many dope jams that never saw the light of day and whose artist names escape me now. There were loads of tracks by unknowns like this guy:

That tore the club up and were snatched up by more established artists who remade the song and got all the acclaim.

Comment

Grab the Boomerang soundtrack whilst you're looking and the Mo Money one too, both are packed with some dope jams.

The main issue with the NJS days for me was how much heat only ever got released on white label promos that bumped in the club but never had any videos or official singles pressed so unless your pal was a DJ you were assed out. My tapes in those days were so dope that people flew around the world on holiday only to hear my compilations being played by someone unknown, talk about six degrees

There were so many dope jams that never saw the light of day and whose artist names escape me now. There were loads of tracks by unknowns like this guy:

That tore the club up and were snatched up by more established artists who remade the song and got all the acclaim.
                    I'll check these soundtracks too Exactly same stories told me my older cousins & friends lol Especially here in Germany it was hard to get the real underground stuff, only mainstream in the stores. US Promo Vinyl very hard to find and expensive...nowadays I can order most of them cheap at discogs lol

I noticed that too, unknown artists and a lot of remixes were actual better than retail versions...

what exactly were you doing? Do you DJ? Or just for fun mixing tapes? sounds interesting

Derrick Demitri!!! Now you got me man! Full rep for this 1! I fucking love this song since my teenage days Fuck Montells Version! This is the real Shit!

I remember my homies and me, year 2000, 56k modem, no money, mIRC Underground R&B Chats We were sharing unreleased R&B stuff with DJs & R&B freaks all over the world LOL This is how it all started for me I started to hear Hip Hop in `98 and really got into R&B around 2000, over the years we made good connections and found some mIRC channels were unreleased underground R&B was shared. We were the in our schools back then. We had the rarest and freshest R&B lol We made mixtapes and gave it our friends for free and to strangers for 5€/CD-R LOL Good Times! We were young and needed the money

Around this time I found the real Version of Get it on Tonight by Derrick Demitri This should had been released!

I need to start my old PC, there are a lot of gems but most in 128kbps or poorer Quality, back then it wasn't about WAV or FLAC...the Main thing was that you got the song lol

What about this guy?? Classic shit!

...or this mmmh love it!

Comment

nothing but love for this thread man. aint nothing like NJS and the music of the 90's.

Comment

fucking love new jack swing!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joecool View Post
                          nothing but love for this thread man. aint nothing like NJS and the music of the 90's.
                          Definitely 90s music was and still is the best music imo...maybe just because I grew up in the 90s lol but that's another part of the story...

Originally posted by MarkyMark View Post
                          fucking love new jack swing!!!!!!!
                          I didn't expect nothing else from your Username

Marky Mark had some bangers too

Guys, feel free to add your favorite 90s New Jack & R&B Hits

Comment

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenon View Post
                              yeah Color Me Badd - haha the old times

collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X