New 2017 D-Ace Mixtape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2017 D-Ace Mixtape

Hey guys, soon I am going to start working on a new mixtape. I would like to know if you have any special requests of things you would like to see on this tape, all your suggestions are welcome. My vision so far is to only mix rarely mixed acapellas (not a single studio acapella), I already have a few ideas for some mixes here and there. If you guys have any nice samples you want to see mixed with pac, feel free to share them in here! If someone would like to be featured on this tape, feel free to submit your mixes to me, but I will only accept rarely used acapellas (of course it has to sound good, take an example of how KREW does it).

A little snippet from my upcoming mixtape. These mixes are still in their early stages, far from finished, and more to come. The mixtape will most likely be released by the end of this year.

#DJ #VIP
    Last edited by D-Ace; 08-03-2017, 08:07 PM.

What happened with D-Ace: Judgement Time Vol. 3?
    Bryan Anonim
    Mix & Mastering bryanonim@wp.pl

Comment

Just some I can think of.
      Last edited by VenomRx; 06-16-2017, 03:49 AM.
      "Very nice. So what is it, *Mr.* Cocksucker now?...Lunch is for wimps."

Comment

Can you do a mix using It Ain't Easy (Acoustic)?

Comment

What I'd like to hear are sparse tracks like the One Nation sessions with added production elements, if you can achieve something similar to the difference between the demo and retail version of Holla At Me that would be amazing.
          [MENTION=943]MrMind has loads of dope CPU pellas that have never been mixed here:

I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
          Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryanonim View Post
            What happened with D-Ace: Judgement Time Vol. 3?
            It was released EXACTLY 3 years ago xD

Maybe you are talking about the EP From Here Till Eternity Pt. 3?

Originally posted by VenomRx View Post

Just some I can think of.
            Oh I like the 2nd and 3rd sample, thanks man, I'll see what I can do with these!

Originally posted by BigR View Post
            Can you do a mix using It Ain't Easy (Acoustic)?
            Maybe, if I could find a sample that blends well with it that would be cool, I'll see, thanks for your input!

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post
            What I'd like to hear are sparse tracks like the One Nation sessions with added production elements, if you can achieve something similar to the difference between the demo and retail version of Holla At Me that would be amazing.
            [MENTION=943]MrMind has loads of dope CPU pellas that have never been mixed here:

http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...896&highlight=
            Sounds like an idea, there are some tracks here and there that don't have a lot of instrumentation going on so it could be enhanced with extra sounds or a nice sample. Ah yeah Mr. Mind's acapellas are awesome, just made a big list of acapellas he created that I would like to mix. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Ace View Post
              Sounds like an idea, there are some tracks here and there that don't have a lot of instrumentation going on so it could be enhanced with extra sounds or a nice sample. Ah yeah Mr. Mind's acapellas are awesome, just made a big list of acapellas he created that I would like to mix. Thanks!
              Looking forward to it, maybe hook up with [MENTION=943]MrMind and request that he slices the One Nation session tracks into different frequency bands how he does when he remasters but instead of him sticking them back together as a track he just forwards you the DIY stems? That way you have the overall pieces of a track and can line them up in your DAW to drop out certain elements whilst emphasising others in case you wish to add new drums, a bassline etc.. along with new melodies and instrumentation as this should prevent the warbling effect, artefacts or thin vocals you sometimes get in CG pellas. Also I would look into filtering/EQing some of the stems as well as it should in theory allow you to roll off all unwanted frequencies and render a crystal clear acapella with minimal noise.

To me a lot of the One Nation tracks are unpolished gems as people don't listen due to the bare bones beats and this would give these lesser known vocals a chance to shine. For example, this:

Would fit very well with this:

If not in terms of a direct sample and overlay then by using the layered production cues of the former to jazz up the latter (esp those organ sounds, whew!) along with a set of replayed drums (live style complete with ghost notes and brush sounds) and so on and so forth...
              I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
              Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

could you maybe add fatals verse from tdgaf from son rize vol 1 to tdgafau, and then possibly turn the whole thing into a ogvibe?

Hello, this is Tupac, the person that you are trying to destroy with this bullshit you writing.
                First of all, I have no problem with handicap people. Before you print some shit like this, you should check with me. Asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post
                  Looking forward to it, maybe hook up with [MENTION=943]MrMind and request that he slices the One Nation session tracks into different frequency bands how he does when he remasters but instead of him sticking them back together as a track he just forwards you the DIY stems? That way you have the overall pieces of a track and can line them up in your DAW to drop out certain elements whilst emphasising others in case you wish to add new drums, a bassline etc.. along with new melodies and instrumentation as this should prevent the warbling effect, artefacts or thin vocals you sometimes get in CG pellas. Also I would look into filtering/EQing some of the stems as well as it should in theory allow you to roll off all unwanted frequencies and render a crystal clear acapella with minimal noise.

To me a lot of the One Nation tracks are unpolished gems as people don't listen due to the bare bones beats and this would give these lesser known vocals a chance to shine. For example, this:

Would fit very well with this:

If not in terms of a direct sample and overlay then by using the layered production cues of the former to jazz up the latter (esp those organ sounds, whew!) along with a set of replayed drums (live style complete with ghost notes and brush sounds) and so on and so forth...

Something like this?

Gotta Get Mine MrMind cpu

Gotta Get Mine MrM Instrumental

This is easy.
                  MrMind's cpu acapellas & Remasters Share 09/12 - 09/13

MrMind's (2pac Remasters)

MrMind 2pac cpu Acapellas

Comment

nice i'll definitely look forward to this, maybe i'll submit a mix, lets see

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9066841/rakim_on_tha_mic/

Comment

Originally posted by FreeEmAll View Post
                      could you maybe add fatals verse from tdgaf from son rize vol 1 to tdgafau, and then possibly turn the whole thing into a ogvibe?
                      Do you know if an acapella of that track is available?

Comment

i honestly don't know

Hello, this is Tupac, the person that you are trying to destroy with this bullshit you writing.
                        First of all, I have no problem with handicap people. Before you print some shit like this, you should check with me. Asshole.

Comment

I'll submit something for the tape. I'll think of some samples you can use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:
                          http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...92711&p=676617

Comment

who do u luv og -

Comment

I will never NOT be hyped for a D-Ace tape! Can't wait to hear it, i have a ton of samples that ill go through & list them & get back to you about it

I Know Death Follows Me
                              But
                              I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X