This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post
    I'm not talking about the artefacts, we all know what its like trying to hide them in mixes and generally the DJs do quite well in the previous tapes we had. I'm talking about the levels, the mixdown, it sounds absolutely horrendous for most of the tape like those "remasters" we used to have that were brickwalled to shit with the treble and bass turned up full. As I said the top end sounds way too sharp/brittle on a load of tracks and the bass lines are either distorted, muddy or generally lacking in definition so someone screwed the pooch at some point. Do me a favour and compare what you submitted to what is up on that link and tell me if there was any post processing as your mixes usually have good fidelity.

I don't think I have it but I do remember [MENTION=943]MrMind making it back when the pella first leaked so it should be in his thread. The addition of the full vocals would make your mix quite nice so I'm looking forward to the redux.

[MENTION=943]MrMind
    "Very nice. So what is it, *Mr.* Cocksucker now?...Lunch is for wimps."

Comment

amazing artwork
      thanks for the new mixtape
      sigpic

Comment

Great "unofficial/fan made" mixtape. Definitely something for everyone.

IMO...
        - Troublesome- has some serious potential, looking forward to the ver. 2.0 with MrMind acapella contribution.
        - How Do You Want It & Happy Home- sick ["updated" OGVs ]
        - Do For Love- sweet
        - Hit 'Em Up- awesome
        - California- love it, fun summery-type track
        - Krew- super creative as per usual
        - Artwork- excellent

Great stuff Gents- thanks for the effort and the share! [MENTION=2072]KW !
        Last edited by Ironman; 06-16-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

dl now thx!!!
          I Feel His Hands On My Brain, When I Write Rhymes I Go Blind And Let The Lord Do His Thang

YOUTUBE
          https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCy-d3k7LXFFBDNgaMcHAOXQ

FaceFuck
          https://www.facebook.com/cristo.white.73

SoundCloud
          https://soundcloud.com/tupackillathuggrmx

InstaGramm
          https://www.instagram.com/killathuggrmx/

Comment

Goddamn, this is good shit.

I love 'Fuck Em' mix!

Also, the closing track, 'Happy Home', could really be amazing if it were mastered better. Very unbalanced, though the instruments are flawless.
            It make homos game at females.

Comment

Great stuff guys. Well done.

Comment

My Review.. Love the entire tape! Great mixes..

1. All Eyez On Me - Good Intro... Would have loved to hear some sort of interview here though
                2. Fuck Em (KlockworkBeats Remix). Wow. Great start to the mixtape. Love what you did with no chorus after pac!!... Modern take on the sounds in the instrumental with the effects giving it that classical feel. That background sample which fades out slightly is perfect!
                3. Still Thuggin (Scottzilla Remix) - Great west coast/bayarea/djmustard type vibe!! Love the inclusions of the YG sample... Perfect balance and switch up in the first 2pac verse. Love this kurupt verse, but I feel like the sound of his vocals isn't hard enough for this beat. It's actually one of my favorites... if YG could have been on the 2nd verse... maybe a potential bonus mix or something. None the less the work on this beat and overall feel is perfect!
                4. Hit 'Em Up (Dj Cvince Remix). FIRST OF ALL.. CVINCE IS BACK!!! Would have loved to hear more of the vocal sample from the first 30 seconds in throughout the mix. None the less CVINCE IS BACK! A great mix to a great classic
                5. Tradin' War Stories (Berocke Remix). Only if the pella was available in Studio the vibe of the insturmental and the dark theme is well suited. Still a mix I will bump in the future!
                6. Road Dogz (Krew Remix). Love the street feel to this. Great vocal sample on the chorus... Just because of the street vibe mabe a future mix with Big L and Big Pun on this. I've listened to this 3 times now...
                7. Troublesome (VenomRx Remix). A good mix. Mixed well and works well. The lack on adlibs effects the mix but again a good mix
                8. MOB (KlockworkBeats Remix). Great DJ Scratches. Always great to hear that on a mix. I miss it. Love the "fuck the rap game this is MOB". 2Pac sounds great!
                9. Ready 2 Rumble (KlockworkBeats Remix). What else can I say about your mixes...way to change the vibe of a mix and keep the hard and rough feel of the vocals. Beat goes so well!!
                10. California (Dj Dant Remix). Love TI, Love Snoop. Great modern 2pac mix. unfortunate the pac vocals don't sound studio. Because it's a good modern mix.
                11. How Do U Want It (Wizzattz x Enya Remix). FUCKEN WOW. Was bumping this the past few weeks.Love the lead into the mix. The guitar, that bass!! The use of the 2pac sample.. I'm sure there is a better vocals for the jodeci chorus out there nah? This mix is something else. can't wait to bump this some more. The manipulation of the 2pac sample, melody etc brings new life to an already bomb song. But the lead in at the start to build that anticipation!
                12. Whatz Ya Phone # (Loyalty) (KlockworkBeats x Scottzilla Remix). I've been playing loyalty the past week before I head to work at 6am!! A good mix
                13. World Wide Dime Piece (Krew Remix). Love how only the pac verse of this track was used!! The big pun verse to being was perfect, then followed by pac, busta and snoop. maybe slight better scratching and sampling on the chorus... i felt like eminem didn't work well there.
                14. Happy Home (Enya Remake). Great remake!
                15. Holla At Me (Dj Na$ Remix). Love the album version of this song to get into it so much. Love the sample from "life's so hard". A good and solid mix none the less!
                16. Do For Love (DOPFunk Remix). Love the mellow vibe to this! engages me in the track from start to finish and the chorus vocals are perfect!
                **DOWNLOAD**DJ Moey Presents Tupac The Way It Was (2Pac-Forum Mixtape)
                **DOWNLOAD** Complete Outlawz Discography (All members + incl. Big Syke & Mopreme) - 16.66GB
                **DOWNLOAD** ALL DJ MOEY MIXTAPES <CHECK IT OUT>
                CLICK HERE → TO PURCHASE TUPAC "DON'T CALL ME BITCH T-SHIRT"
                CLICK HERE → FOR MY SOUNDCLOUD PAGE
                CLICK HERE → FOR MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Comment

[MENTION=2343]ThuG4LifE awesome job with the artwork! I'm loving the touch of red you put in there. Really makes it pop.
                  Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole
                  Nate Dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold

Comment

[MENTION=7122]djmoey that wasn't Eminem in the chorus lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:
                    http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...92711&p=676617

Comment

Mad props to everyone who was involved in bringing this project to fruition - my day just got better

Thank you - will peep it all and then come back with a review

Comment

Whole mixtape is solid. My favorites are California, How Do You Want it and Happy Home. Thanks for this project guys Tupac may be gone but it's you guys keeping his spirit alive.

Comment

THANKS BRO! Peace from Poland! One looove!

Comment

This is why AMARU Ent. should be handed over to us Forum goers; Either that or we overthrow the place and behead Tom Whalley on Live TV for his sins!

Great work guys! Hopefully i'll have something for the next Mixtape.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Well, i admit i won't dl the mixtape as i haven't heard gems in it. However, first of all i love the cover artwork, it is a great idea to present front cover and the tracklist. Good points for the "Hosted by Klockwork beats" who remains discreet and it is not the case of all 2Pac fan projects. The "2K 17" isn't class on the otherside. Just my opinion.

Coming to the tracks there are some solid ones like Hit Em Up by DJ CVince but to me it ain't better than the retail and doesn't propose anything more. When you touch such a classic track you have to do better (good luck) or propose something different. No offense this is one of the best remix of the mixtape and i admire DJCVince and if you haven't heard his version of "Hail Mary" Go listen to it! This is a great remix of a classic track. This is clean, loyal to the retail but offering another reading of the track.
                              Yeah the "HDYWI" Remix sounds good, but compare it to the real one. In the retail version the vocals on the chorus come straight from the biginning of the track while here it is a bit boring.
                              The most interesting remix of the mixtape for me is the Krew remix of "world wide dime piece". As i attached importance to the instrumental when i listen to music im not fan of the original track and this remix make the track more interesting. It has given me the envy to rediscover this track. This is the essence of the remix for me.

Guys i have question don't you love "Troublesome 96"? Because Honestly i do remix on my freetime too but this song give me goosebumps every time i hear it. Why loosing time to make a remix of it? The job is already done! This is why i'm talking of "HDYWI" remix. I'm almost "how dare you touch these masterpieces"

And the top it all is using crappy diy acapella of a classic track...it kills me. Sometimes some of theses mixes are on the first results on youtube. Man! If you love 2Pac listen carefully to his discography (the one that should be heard best retails and the best og's) and deliver something Pac could have loved. I'm not talking about this mixtape now but globally. If you do remixes and you love Pac and music please, don't put TI, Fifty, Eminem or even Biggie, don't come with offbeat vocals, try not to touch classic unless you got THE thing like CVince with Hail Mary. There are so many good and studios Pac acapellas to explore, some from unreleased tracks for example. Or the ones that everybody like but not unanimously "classic" tracks. In my opinion some studios acapellas available can still find the perfect beat to sublimate Pac vocals and "build" THE classic of all the remixes. Thug N Me, War Games, Watcha gonna do, Initiated, 2Pac - Let'z Get It On (Mike Tyson Tribute), Let's Fight, Homeboyz...among a lot of other studio acapellas. Fuck Em All for example, i have never heard a version that fit perfectly with Pac vocals . Yes they are cool versions but they don't sublimate that acapella. In the first verse he is aggressive and has one of these "non usual" flow that make the track fucking unique classic. In the second verse he has a flow from the future (anyway i even wonder if these 2 verses were destined to dissociate tracks..). There is so much good acapellas..

Sorry fellas that was a cry from the heart, actually i'm a guy who produce on my freetime. I'm not a killer, most of my remixes ideas are with already existing instrumentals even if with the time i've done and started some instrumentals for specific Pac acapellas. But man, the guy is so good it could fit on hundreds or thousands instrumental (not trap stuffs of course) and it's been maybe 4 or 5 years that im trippin on some acapellas. relistenning the retail the ogs the fan mades of all the tracks with the acapellas that i chose. I'm forbidden myself to post anything at least it gives what i talked about previously. For example i tried like 50 instrumentals or more for a track like "Fuck Em All".

Maybe you'll see that's because i'm just lame maybe. But my opinion come to the debate on previous replies on this thread, this is what should have happen with the Pac vocals. I mean give the rights to Afeni was the move of the heart and not the move of the music. Suge should have be more fair with all the Johnny J, Daz and co. Then it should have be given these acapellas to a restrained group of the best and the one that pac loved (JJ, Daz, QDiii, Shock G and more) and ask all these dj's to give their versions and wait if non of these versions was the good one, Johnny J or not Johnny J. I know it has be done for some tracks but not enough giving the number of acapellas that are still orphans and waiting for a beat that suit it as gloves. Pac work deserved time in order to find the perfect beat without Pac to validate the thing. I won't learn you that the money is the cause of all this. But fortunately we have at our disposal all these beautiful studios acapellas avalaible. I have a dream to listen remixes that reveal the magic of some 2Pac vocals. In my humble opinion there are remixes i did that are very very good and i think like 5 tracks that would have been classic or better than all released versions of it. But i still haven't do the masters as i spent to much time looking materials and idea for all the acapellas i've chosen. I'm not cocky i promise i'll release something, i'm almost everyday on it or thinking about it, i'm a perfectionnist maybe too much but i'm not a big mouth , i'll show you something. I don't say i'll make it or that i'll make 10 or 20 classics but if even one could become the reference i'll be happy. But dont get me wrong if i think someone has do better than me i'm also happy simply because it means a have a new gem in my collection.

Thats how i see remixing and would like other djs to think the same but we have the chance to be in democarcy so

Sorry if i've deviated from the mixtape discussion.
                              Palmolive thug, relax man don't be rude. I know what you meant but it is fan made and they have called it "mixtape" so a mixtape can be inequal in sound quality.
                              Last edited by matsuda92; 06-22-2017, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by matsuda92 View Post
                                Hi everyone!

Well, i admit i won't dl the mixtape as i haven't heard gems in it. However, first of all i love the cover artwork, it is a great idea to present front cover and the tracklist. Good points for the "Hosted by Klockwork beats" who remains discreet and it is not the case of all 2Pac fan projects. The "2K 17" isn't class on the otherside. Just my opinion.

Coming to the tracks there are some solid ones like Hit Em Up by DJ CVince but to me it ain't better than the retail and doesn't propose anything more. When you touch such a classic track you have to do better (good luck) or propose something different. No offense this is one of the best remix of the mixtape and i admire DJCVince and if you haven't heard his version of "Hail Mary" Go listen to it! This is a great remix of a classic track. This is clean, loyal to the retail but offering another reading of the track.
                                Yeah the "HDYWI" Remix sounds good, but compare it to the real one. In the retail version the vocals on the chorus come straight from the biginning of the track while here it is a bit boring.
                                The most interesting remix of the mixtape for me is the Krew remix of "world wide dime piece". As i attached importance to the instrumental when i listen to music im not fan of the original track and this remix make the track more interesting. It has given me the envy to rediscover this track. This is the essence of the remix for me.

Guys i have question don't you love "Troublesome 96"? Because Honestly i do remix on my freetime too but this song give me goosebumps every time i hear it. Why loosing time to make a remix of it? The job is already done! This is why i'm talking of "HDYWI" remix. I'm almost "how dare you touch these masterpieces"

And the top it all is using crappy diy acapella of a classic track...it kills me. Sometimes some of theses mixes are on the first results on youtube. Man! If you love 2Pac listen carefully to his discography (the one that should be heard best retails and the best og's) and deliver something Pac could have loved. I'm not talking about this mixtape now but globally. If you do remixes and you love Pac and music please, don't put TI, Fifty, Eminem or even Biggie, don't come with offbeat vocals, try not to touch classic unless you got THE thing like CVince with Hail Mary. There are so many good and studios Pac acapellas to explore, some from unreleased tracks for example. Or the ones that everybody like but not unanimously "classic" tracks. In my opinion some studios acapellas available can still find the perfect beat to sublimate Pac vocals and "build" THE classic of all the remixes. Thug N Me, War Games, Watcha gonna do, Initiated, 2Pac - Let'z Get It On (Mike Tyson Tribute), Let's Fight, Homeboyz...among a lot of other studio acapellas. Fuck Em All for example, i have never heard a version that fit perfectly with Pac vocals . Yes they are cool versions but they don't sublimate that acapella. In the first verse he is aggressive and has one of these "non usual" flow that make the track fucking unique classic. In the second verse he has a flow from the future (anyway i even wonder if these 2 verses were destined to dissociate tracks..). There is so much good acapellas..

Sorry fellas that was a cry from the heart, actually i'm a guy who produce on my freetime. I'm not a killer, most of my remixes ideas are with already existing instrumentals even if with the time i've done and started some instrumentals for specific Pac acapellas. But man, the guy is so good it could fit on hundreds or thousands instrumental (not trap stuffs of course) and it's been maybe 4 or 5 years that im trippin on some acapellas. relistenning the retail the ogs the fan mades of all the tracks with the acapellas that i chose. I'm forbidden myself to post anything at least it gives what i talked about previously. For example i tried like 50 instrumentals or more for a track like "Fuck Em All".

Maybe you'll see that's because i'm just lame maybe. But my opinion come to the debate on previous replies on this thread, this is what should have happen with the Pac vocals. I mean give the rights to Afeni was the move of the heart and not the move of the music. Suge should have be more fair with all the Johnny J, Daz and co. Then it should have be given these acapellas to a restrained group of the best and the one that pac loved (JJ, Daz, QDiii, Shock G and more) and ask all these dj's to give their versions and wait if non of these versions was the good one, Johnny J or not Johnny J. I know it has be done for some tracks but not enough giving the number of acapellas that are still orphans and waiting for a beat that suit it as gloves. Pac work deserved time in order to find the perfect beat without Pac to validate the thing. I won't learn you that the money is the cause of all this. But fortunately we have at our disposal all these beautiful studios acapellas avalaible. I have a dream to listen remixes that reveal the magic of some 2Pac vocals. In my humble opinion there are remixes i did that are very very good and i think like 5 tracks that would have been classic or better than all released versions of it. But i still haven't do the masters as i spent to much time looking materials and idea for all the acapellas i've chosen. I'm not cocky i promise i'll release something, i'm almost everyday on it or thinking about it, i'm a perfectionnist maybe too much but i'm not a big mouth , i'll show you something. I don't say i'll make it or that i'll make 10 or 20 classics but if even one could become the reference i'll be happy. But dont get me wrong if i think someone has do better than me i'm also happy simply because it means a have a new gem in my collection.

Thats how i see remixing and would like other djs to think the same but we have the chance to be in democarcy so

Sorry if i've deviated from the mixtape discussion.
                                Palmolive thug, relax man don't be rude. I know what you meant but it is fan made and they have called it "mixtape" so a mixtape can be inequal in sound quality.

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:
                                http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...92711&p=676617

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X