This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post
    Please do and report back with your findings as the mastering is atrocious compared to previous 2F efforts as it sounds like its been done by a total asshat that knows naught about fidelity or how to balance a mix correctly.

To me it sounds like whoever mixed the whole album to normalize the sounds just took each song and ran them through the same settings and ended up killing the overall sound of most of them then though 'Close enough" and pushed it out of the door like a hungry child. Some of the tracks had potential but the way they sound on the tape is horrendous as the mix makes Makaveli sound like it was done by Bruce Sweiden. Have you listened to your submitted files compared to what was punted out there yet?

Banging is how a lot of the older mixtapes sounded, they were nearly as good as some commercial releases. This sounds like deep fried shit. I haven't even looked at the waveforms yet but I bet they look exactly as you'd expect as its been mastered by an imbecile as you can't "bang" it as it hurts your eardrums over a certain volume as the mess ups are so evident.

Maybe it was intentional, shitty movie and a matching mixtape. 4/10 could do better all round.

Agreed, those were pretty good.
    We get it, you think it sounds like crap.

I'm digging the cover a lot. I like what was done with HDYWI, It would have been a good opportunity though to change the drums to something more fresh as I absolutely hate the drums on that track, I cant even listen to it anymore (All versions, not just this remix)

Also, very nice job with the CPU pellas guys.

Comment

Maybe it was intentional, shitty movie and a matching mixtape. 4/10 could do better all round.

Agreed, those were pretty good.
      Jesus, chill the fk out homie. Just ask the DJs for their submitted versions.

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:
      http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...92711&p=676617

Comment

This mixtape is str8 fire!!!
        I'm feeling this whole thing like death row style 96
        Say no to Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by BoNity View Post
          We get it, you think it sounds like crap.
          And you don't?

Originally posted by KREW View Post
          Jesus, chill the fk out homie. Just ask the DJs for their submitted versions.
          Doesn't that defeat the point of a tape and its oh so inept host? He reached, he fumbled. Oh well, back to his mamas basement he goes to talk about paperclips and pawn shops.
          I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
          Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

And you don't?

Doesn't that defeat the point of a tape and its oh so inept host? He reached, he fumbled. Oh well, back to his mamas basement he goes to talk about paperclips and pawn shops.

Comment

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:

Comment

And you don't?

It sounds good for a fan made mixtape with a bunch of CPU Pellas. Let's hear your masterpiece.

Comment

Originally posted by hc View Post
                  1) I don't possess a vagina and 2) the vagina I don't possess also doesn't contain any sand but thank you for that observation. You are an asset to the board.

If by niggaz you mean tone def excuses for mixtape hosts masquerading as producers then yes, that is exactly what they do. And did.

Originally posted by BoNity View Post
                  It sounds good for a fan made mixtape with a bunch of CPU Pellas. Let's hear your masterpiece.
                  Compare the sound quality of this release to *anything* that has been put out by 2F before (loads of which used CPU pellas) and you'll see its a night and day difference and that even you can't deny. I'll untuck the hot for you at some point and you'll nod your head, buleevdat.

I only have one question:

Who is responsible for the overall mixdown and botched mastering of this tape. Is it the host? Someone else?

Whoever it is own up to your cock up, hand over the source files to someone with a good ear (and mind ) and let them redo the tape and rerelease this abortive effort so that I can actually bear to listen to it and do some justice to the work and effort of the DJs who made it in the first place as right now its not only an insult to my eardrums but also the talent of the producers we have on board.

Comment

If by niggaz you mean tone def excuses for mixtape hosts masquerading as producers then yes, that is exactly what they do.
                    Offer constructive criticism or get the fuck out. Klockwork is one of the best producers on the forum and reached out to everyone who wanted to submit something. If you got a problem with the mastering, Bryan whatever is your man.

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:

Comment

Offer constructive criticism or get the fuck out. Klockwork is one of the best producers on the forum and reached out to everyone who wanted to submit something. If you got a problem with the mastering, Bryan whatever is your man.
                      I did offer constructive criticism, way back with my first comment:

Why does the mastering of the tape sound so bad? The basslines are distorting on a load of tracks and generally it sounds very harsh and unpleasant on the ears, sonically speaking, with glass cuttingly bright highs that contrast to the super muddy and lacking in definition lows.

How Do U Want It is the standout track here for me as the refresh was nicely put together and well structured.
                      Troublesome also sounded good but I'm left wondering why use the single layer pella when [MENTION=943]MrMind has a clear one with the doubles/adlibs mixed in?
                      Not only did I point out the issue with the sound I pointed one of the producers in the direction of a way to improve his mix. Then you lot reacted and I responded and here we are.

Now, as for your tone, if you don't like hearing the truth as I see it then either place me on your ignore list, ban me or STFU and keep it moving because if I'm the only one on here that noticed that the mastering sounds like straight up cheeks and was more than likely done by running each song through one preset like a lazy ass talentless bum would do then you lot need to get your hearing checked.

Why is the host of the tape so quiet in the face of what I have to say? Surely it should be him responding to the reason behind this clusterfcuk? Paging [MENTION=2072]KW , please report to the thread [MENTION=2072]KW, your acerbic observations that usually rotate around paperclips and pawn shops are required [MENTION=2072]KW.

Comment

Thanks bro

As for the mastering, I tried three different people, didn't work out in the end aha. So the tape is ultimately unmastered, that's why I put it out at the last minute.

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
                        Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Wow. Way to half ass it. Well done.

I'm out.

Comment

Wow. Way to half ass it. Well done.

I'm out.
                            To be fair, all of our tapes but Ghetto Ghost are unmastered. It's a mixtape, not a retail album. No one on this forum has the equipment to master our projects.

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:

Comment

Klockwork asked me to master the tape. I took a look at it, everything was mastered by the mixers. My job consisted of cut the silence out of every track so everything transitions properly. I didnt master a thing. So don't blame a single entity.

If i was the master the tape, i would request each layer of each song in Wav.

So no mastering was done on the tape, simply cutting the silences.

END OF.

I Know Death Follows Me
                              But
                              I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
                                Klockwork asked me to master the tape. I took a look at it, everything was mastered by the mixers. My job consisted of cut the silence out of every track so everything transitions properly. I didnt master a thing. So don't blame a single entity.

If i was the master the tape, i would request each layer of each song in Wav.

So no mastering was done on the tape, simply cutting the silences.

END OF.
                                Dude has sensitive ears, leave it at that lol

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X