Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI - If people want proper sounding mixes, someone leak the studio acapellas, otherwise realise that you can barely do shit to hide the elements of the tracks.

I Know Death Follows Me
    But
    I'll Murder Him First

Comment

Works for me [MENTION=15657]Belt

Comment

[MENTION=306]KREW super impressive work on masking these acapellas!

Comment

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post
          Why does the mastering of the tape sound so bad? The basslines are distorting on a load of tracks and generally it sounds very harsh and unpleasant on the ears, sonically speaking, with glass cuttingly bright highs that contrast to the super muddy and lacking in definition lows.

How Do U Want It is the standout track here for me as the refresh was nicely put together and well structured.
          Troublesome also sounded good but I'm left wondering why use the single layer pella when [MENTION=943]MrMind has a clear one with the doubles/adlibs mixed in?
          I was not aware that was available. I used what I found. PM me that pella version.
          "Very nice. So what is it, *Mr.* Cocksucker now?...Lunch is for wimps."

Comment

Hit'em up favorite for me. Road Dogz too.
            Last edited by VenomRx; 06-15-2017, 01:48 AM.
            "Very nice. So what is it, *Mr.* Cocksucker now?...Lunch is for wimps."

Comment

Originally posted by KW View Post

Thanks to everyone for all the submissions, help and correspondence with this project. Staff (HC & Alpha Dog). ThuG4LifE for the artwork, all the mixers included (& not included that sent me remixes). Enya. MrMind & BryanOnim for their time.

Enjoy this treat on the way to the cinemas when you go to watch the biopic, and on the drive home too Dj Cvince, Scottzilla, DJ Na$ & others made a comeback for this project

D/L:

Alt Link:
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Soundcloud stream:
              Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

*Bonus Remixes*

Holla At Me Feat. Daz (Dj Na$ Remix)
              Do For Love (Return Of The Mack) (DOPFunk Remix)

#VIP #DJ
              Added To Audiomack!!

Audiomack is a youth-driven, artist-first music streaming platform that allows creators to share unlimited music and podcast content for free.

Make Sure To Visit My Website FlacMafia.net
              Welcome To South Florida! Coming Soon!!

Comment

fucking great artwork bro, and loving font using for tracklisting
                Legacy member - Makaveli Forever.com, 2Pacforum.com, Notorious-Makaveli.com, 2Pac-forum.com, Bomb1st.com

Comment

Originally posted by D-Ace View Post
                  [MENTION=306]KREW super impressive work on masking these acapellas!
                  Thanks bro! [MENTION=943]MrMind supplied some great CPUs

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:
                  http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...92711&p=676617

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
                    FYI - If people want proper sounding mixes, someone leak the studio acapellas, otherwise realise that you can barely do shit to hide the elements of the tracks.
                    I'm not talking about the artefacts, we all know what its like trying to hide them in mixes and generally the DJs do quite well in the previous tapes we had. I'm talking about the levels, the mixdown, it sounds absolutely horrendous for most of the tape like those "remasters" we used to have that were brickwalled to shit with the treble and bass turned up full. As I said the top end sounds way too sharp/brittle on a load of tracks and the bass lines are either distorted, muddy or generally lacking in definition so someone screwed the pooch at some point. Do me a favour and compare what you submitted to what is up on that link and tell me if there was any post processing as your mixes usually have good fidelity.

Originally posted by VenomRx View Post
                    I was not aware that was available. I used what I found. PM me that pella version.
                    I don't think I have it but I do remember [MENTION=943]MrMind making it back when the pella first leaked so it should be in his thread. The addition of the full vocals would make your mix quite nice so I'm looking forward to the redux.
                    I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
                    Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmolive Thug View Post
                      I'm not talking about the artefacts, we all know what its like trying to hide them in mixes and generally the DJs do quite well in the previous tapes we had. I'm talking about the levels, the mixdown, it sounds absolutely horrendous for most of the tape like those "remasters" we used to have that were brickwalled to shit with the treble and bass turned up full. As I said the top end sounds way too sharp/brittle on a load of tracks and the bass lines are either distorted, muddy or generally lacking in definition so someone screwed the pooch at some point. Do me a favour and compare what you submitted to what is up on that link and tell me if there was any post processing as your mixes usually have good fidelity.
                      I believe someone mastered the project. I still have to check the tape out to see how it sounds overall.

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:

Comment

Most of the mixes were already mixed & mastered by the mixers, while obviously not perfect, there is not much someone can do when trying to master the entire tape when sounds vary so much.

I Know Death Follows Me
                        But
                        I'll Murder Him First

Comment

I think it sounds good. Depends on what you focus on.. That "brickwalled" sound is what I call "banging" and that's what it should.

Comment

#everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIXTAPE DISCOGRAPHY:

Comment

hit em up, hdywi, happy home are the outstanding tracks. wish there were more og vibes on this project.

Comment

Originally posted by KREW View Post
                                I believe someone mastered the project. I still have to check the tape out to see how it sounds overall.
                                Please do and report back with your findings as the mastering is atrocious compared to previous 2F efforts as it sounds like its been done by a total asshat that knows naught about fidelity or how to balance a mix correctly.

Originally posted by Creation View Post
                                Most of the mixes were already mixed & mastered by the mixers, while obviously not perfect, there is not much someone can do when trying to master the entire tape when sounds vary so much.
                                To me it sounds like whoever mixed the whole album to normalize the sounds just took each song and ran them through the same settings and ended up killing the overall sound of most of them then though 'Close enough" and pushed it out of the door like a hungry child. Some of the tracks had potential but the way they sound on the tape is horrendous as the mix makes Makaveli sound like it was done by Bruce Sweiden. Have you listened to your submitted files compared to what was punted out there yet?

Originally posted by hc View Post
                                I think it sounds good. Depends on what you focus on.. That "brickwalled" sound is what I call "banging" and that's what it should.
                                Banging is how a lot of the older mixtapes sounded, they were nearly as good as some commercial releases. This sounds like deep fried shit. I haven't even looked at the waveforms yet but I bet they look exactly as you'd expect as its been mastered by an imbecile as you can't "bang" it as it hurts your eardrums over a certain volume as the mess ups are so evident.

Maybe it was intentional, shitty movie and a matching mixtape. 4/10 could do better all round.

Originally posted by Joecool View Post
                                hit em up, hdywi, happy home are the outstanding tracks. wish there were more og vibes on this project.
                                Agreed, those were pretty good.
                                I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
                                Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X