90s and Early 2000s vs Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90s and Early 2000s vs Now

I cannot believe the stuff that is out in music now. Anyone else agree or is this me being old?

i think only the 2000 babies enjoy todays mumble rap

Hello, this is Tupac, the person that you are trying to destroy with this bullshit you writing.
    First of all, I have no problem with handicap people. Before you print some shit like this, you should check with me. Asshole.

Comment

For me nowadays Rap & R&B Industry is full of shit, I don't listen to new music when it comes to rap, there are a few Exceptions like Paris or BTNH...

I just enjoy the 90s stuff, there is enough rap from back then that I don't know, that I can discover new hits

You know, this style from the 90s will never come back, so we just can enjoy the music that we have...

Modern music, I just listen to Reggae Music, and some Dancehall Artists.

I think Reggae is the only genre that stayed to its roots, it prays happiness, love, peace and ganja

Even Dancehall changed a lot in the last 15 years since I hear it, but it's the best music to party...
      "You sell all that Cocaaaine, just to buy a Gold Chaaain!!!"

Comment

I agree with you guys. It is mumble rap. Everyone is going nuts over Migos and I was listening to bad and boujee and wanted to stab myself.. It is nuts the stuff these kids are listening too and even this damn dabbing sensation! I hope we were annoying back in the day. I definitely stick to the artists from the 90's. I do have to say though that people like J Cole and Kendrick give me hope for this generation! I have also been enjoying Joey Badass and even some Childish Gambino to switch it up.

Comment

Yeah its terrible. These days kids listening only mumble rappers and we who listen 90's music we r so called "old heads" lmao.
          I fucking hate when people talk about rap music and when u ask they like top 3 they be like " lil yachty lil uzi vert drake" gtfo with that bs lol.
          "u listen 90's music thats shit is old af" I dont how these people can listen mumble rap when theres no lyrics in songs. All songs are same "kjdklfjlkdfj yeaaaaa autotune kjdklshjsaöfjkaeösdj"

Comment

Originally posted by king0fny View Post
            I cannot believe the stuff that is out in music now. Anyone else agree or is this me being old?
            Maybe we are all getting old. It's amazing how the contemporary low quality crap sells. Rappers with no talent what so ever and singers who can't sing seem to be cool these days too. Production is the same garbage on every song too.

Comment

Originally posted by Slut View Post
              Maybe we are all getting old. It's amazing how the contemporary low quality crap sells. Rappers with no talent what so ever and singers who can't sing seem to be cool these days too. Production is the same garbage on every song too.
              Originally posted by tonyhopia View Post
              Yeah its terrible. These days kids listening only mumble rappers and we who listen 90's music we r so called "old heads" lmao.
              I fucking hate when people talk about rap music and when u ask they like top 3 they be like " lil yachty lil uzi vert drake" gtfo with that bs lol.
              "u listen 90's music thats shit is old af" I dont how these people can listen mumble rap when theres no lyrics in songs. All songs are same "kjdklfjlkdfj yeaaaaa autotune kjdklshjsaöfjkaeösdj"

I hate to admit it, I think it is that we are old. I never thought I would refer to myself as an old head. smh.. but it is true. I am not doubting what is going on in these rappers neighborhoods, and what they experience, but to me everyone..society..is soft. Not like the 80s and 90s. Where if you said something to the wrong person you'd get smack.

Is there anyone you guys listen to now? To me it is tough to keep up with new and the old. Like I said before some Kendrick, J Cole and Joey Badass gets me by with Pac, Biggie, LOX, Fabolous, Cassidy and Jeezy.. I try to get into new stuff...whether it is the lyrics, flows or just how they present themselves. It is just tough for me. Idk prime example is Big Sean. I like some of his stuff but other stuff is hard to get into.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X