Tongue Kissing Remake Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tongue Kissing Remake Question

hey guys i have a question for my remake of the "2pac - tongue kissing" instrumental. There is a instrument that is played throughout the song, sounds like a guitar with effects or something like that.... has anybody a clue how to recreate this sound? maybe with a VST? Thanks!

Yes it's a guitar. No way u could re-create it convincingly with plugins, the volume swells maybe but not the up/down slides.

It's easy to play with a real guitar if u are efficient with the volume knob or even better a volume pedal
    Last edited by enya; 01-21-2017, 09:18 PM.
    "Before I fear computer chips I gotta deal with brothers flippin', I don't see no devils bleedin' only black blood drippin'."

Comment

Originally posted by enya View Post
      Yes it's a guitar. No way u could re-create it convincingly with plugins, the volume swells maybe but not the up/down slides.

It's easy to play with a real guitar if u are efficient with the volume knob or even better a volume pedal
      yeah that "swell" sound gives it depth

Comment

It's called a gliss guitar effect, slow attack, long release, although the settings are relatively quick on Tongue Kissin

Omnisphere plugin has a patch.

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
        Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Cool I was also looking for that effect

Comment

Originally posted by Lebron James View Post
            hey guys i have a question for my remake of the "2pac - tongue kissing" instrumental. There is a instrument that is played throughout the song, sounds like a guitar with effects or something like that.... has anybody a clue how to recreate this sound? maybe with a VST? Thanks!
            Are you going to remake the beat? That'd be awesome.

Comment

yup its one of the projects i want to finish this year

Comment

thank you very much! i will try to recreate it

Comment

that's what i thought too, my problem is i'm not a guitar player

Comment

that's what i thought too, my problem is i'm not a guitar player

Comment

Originally posted by hc View Post
                      Are you going to remake the beat? That'd be awesome.
                      just a quick upload of the instrumental

[MENTION=2072]KW [MENTION=12451]hc [MENTION=15837]cprima [MENTION=10977]realest2947
                      Last edited by Lebron James; 03-17-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

just a quick upload of the instrumental

[MENTION=2072]KW [MENTION=12451]hc [MENTION=15837]cprima [MENTION=10977]realest2947
                        Wow man, sounds very good so far!

You really got the bass on point. I think you should make the Synthesized Bass a bit more clear. It's a bit muffled.

Very dope either way. Now it's time to work on the rest

Comment

Originally posted by hc View Post
                          Wow man, sounds very good so far!

You really got the bass on point. I think you should make the Synthesized Bass a bit more clear. It's a bit muffled.

Very dope either way. Now it's time to work on the rest
                          glad you like it and thanks for your advice!
                          Guitar part will be the most difficult task

Comment

glad you like it and thanks for your advice!
                            Guitar part will be the most difficult task
                            Don't even bother with vst guitar, it will sounds like shit.

Couple of things to help u on ur way. Truncate the open hi-hat, add the clave, pan hi-hats 40% right pan shaker 40% left
                            "Before I fear computer chips I gotta deal with brothers flippin', I don't see no devils bleedin' only black blood drippin'."

Comment

Don't even bother with vst guitar, it will sounds like shit.

Couple of things to help u on ur way. Truncate the open hi-hat, add the clave, pan hi-hats 40% right pan shaker 40% left
                              Someone needs to help me out with the guitar part......

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X