First impression of Xbox one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First impression of Xbox one

I was pissed. I turned it on and put in my wifi and it took me back to it again after showing the controller. I added the wifi again and it failed again and again and again. After being pissed office I decided to find a Ethernet cord and hardware the piece of shit. Wtf?! Why does it have to be connected to the internet? And why the fuck does the controller STILL require batteries? Xbox is shit compared to PlayStation. I bought halo master chief collection and gears of war ultimate. I asked the guy at GameStop of some other good exclusives and all he could recommend was forza racing. I asked about quantum break or whatever it's called and he heard mixed reviews. I told him the gameplay I saw wasn't all that interesting. How can people even say Xbox one is better than PS4 when they have no exclusives, the controller requires battered, and you must be connected to the internet to use it. It's lame. Plus for any Americans who say they support Xbox because it's an American system or whatever, the fucker is still built in China lol so it's not really American.

lol MCNEWYORK is really pissed right here!
    so first of all you should handle the xbox one as a sidechick, it will never replace the place of the ps4.
    i don't have this online requirement problem maybe it is because the first start up and it wants the newest firmware update etc...it works with my wifi flawless, maybe you need to enable ports on your wifi configuration?
    yep i agree with the controller and battery problem you can buy some microsoft rechargeable "battery" named "PLAY & CHARGE" but i don't recommend them because they loose capacity quickly, i use rechargeable batteries that you can sometimes cheap and they last longer then the ps4 controllers...it lasts for me about 18-20hrs.
    i played 2-3weeks only with the xbox controller and then i touched a ps4 controller and it felt like weightless cheap china plastic. the xbox controller felt very qualitative and so...different.
    for my part i liked quantum break, did you see my recommendation list? i wouldn't trust any reviews you need to do your own impression. if you get the games really cheap then you got nothin too lose, or do you have something like REDBOX where you can borrow games cheap?
    otherwise watch for xbox360 games that are backwards compatible, don't let you fooled about the age...they got good graphics...i mean look at the gears of war trilogy or alan awake or maybe left 4 dead 2?

and just a tip, don't get frustrated on halo 1, the other halo successors aren't like that.
    and about the xbox menu and so on, in the first time it feels very overwhelming confusing but you will get familiar with it quickly..
    - Steez 4 President -

Comment

I've owned both Xbox & PlayStation consoles, neither is perfect and neither is shit. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Haciveli View Post
        lol MCNEWYORK is really pissed right here!
        so first of all you should handle the xbox one as a sidechick, it will never replace the place of the ps4.
        i don't have this online requirement problem maybe it is because the first start up and it wants the newest firmware update etc...it works with my wifi flawless, maybe you need to enable ports on your wifi configuration?
        yep i agree with the controller and battery problem you can buy some microsoft rechargeable "battery" named "PLAY & CHARGE" but i don't recommend them because they loose capacity quickly, i use rechargeable batteries that you can sometimes cheap and they last longer then the ps4 controllers...it lasts for me about 18-20hrs.
        i played 2-3weeks only with the xbox controller and then i touched a ps4 controller and it felt like weightless cheap china plastic. the xbox controller felt very qualitative and so...different.
        for my part i liked quantum break, did you see my recommendation list? i wouldn't trust any reviews you need to do your own impression. if you get the games really cheap then you got nothin too lose, or do you have something like REDBOX where you can borrow games cheap?
        otherwise watch for xbox360 games that are backwards compatible, don't let you fooled about the age...they got good graphics...i mean look at the gears of war trilogy or alan awake or maybe left 4 dead 2?

and just a tip, don't get frustrated on halo 1, the other halo successors aren't like that.
        and about the xbox menu and so on, in the first time it feels very overwhelming confusing but you will get familiar with it quickly..

I see what you're saying about halo. There's hardly any direction at all in the game. It's so frustrating. I don't know where to go and most the time I don't know what I'm doing other than just run and gun. I do hope the others are better.

Like you said Xbox is the side chick. It will never replace my PS4 because if a game is on both consoles I'll be buying it on PS4. Mine came with battlefield as a digital download. I'm going to sell it. I don't want the game. I don't know anything about it but if it's on PS4 I'll just play it there.

I did look at all the suggestions on games. Maybe there were more exclusives on Xbox 360 than there are on Xbox one? I hope so because I'd hate to beat these halo and gears games and be done with it lol.

I don't like the main menu of Xbox either it seems cluttered and not very organized. I wish there was a rest mode where I could let my game install instead of keeping the system on the whole time. If there is I am not aware of it.

Is there a cord I keep use to charge the controller instead of batteries? I'd rather have a corded controller than purchase batteries. I still can't believe they've not updated this. It's insane.

As far as when I first turned it on I needed the internet. It showed the controller and zoomed in on the X or A button I forget. I pressed it then it wanted to setup wifi. After I entered it the screen would go green and say Xbox one again then show the controller again. It kept repeating until I set it up hard wire. Then it asked for my country and time zone and all that. I couldn't do anything until I did the internet part.

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
          I see what you're saying about halo. There's hardly any direction at all in the game. It's so frustrating. I don't know where to go and most the time I don't know what I'm doing other than just run and gun. I do hope the others are better.

Like you said Xbox is the side chick. It will never replace my PS4 because if a game is on both consoles I'll be buying it on PS4. Mine came with battlefield as a digital download. I'm going to sell it. I don't want the game. I don't know anything about it but if it's on PS4 I'll just play it there.

I did look at all the suggestions on games. Maybe there were more exclusives on Xbox 360 than there are on Xbox one? I hope so because I'd hate to beat these halo and gears games and be done with it lol.

I don't like the main menu of Xbox either it seems cluttered and not very organized. I wish there was a rest mode where I could let my game install instead of keeping the system on the whole time. If there is I am not aware of it.

Is there a cord I keep use to charge the controller instead of batteries? I'd rather have a corded controller than purchase batteries. I still can't believe they've not updated this. It's insane.

As far as when I first turned it on I needed the internet. It showed the controller and zoomed in on the X or A button I forget. I pressed it then it wanted to setup wifi. After I entered it the screen would go green and say Xbox one again then show the controller again. It kept repeating until I set it up hard wire. Then it asked for my country and time zone and all that. I couldn't do anything until I did the internet part.
          yeah that game is really frustrating i completed a few levels after i gave up, to be honest i don't want to touch it anymore lol but i tried halo 5 and at least there you can press a button that shows you which way to go

if you care about higher resolution thats definitely the way to go, games that were released on both consoles are (mostly) always better on the ps4
          if you plan to buy bf1 on ps4 i don't recommend to pay the full price for bf1 if you don't play online. the campaign is very short and feels like a tutorial and introduction for the multiplayer mode.

there are a few xbox360 exclusives but not many are mentionable...maybe check out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...360-only_games
          AND also check if it is backward compatible cause not every game is.
          few recommendations, fable 2 (they say its good), counter strike global offensive, lost oddysee, banjo kazoo, crackdown...
          but i hear you man my xbox is collectin dust they announced interesting games like: State of Decay 2, Scalebound, Phantom Dust...

agree on that one the main menu is pure confusing shit lol but there is an option for the rest mode that i did not tried but here is a tutorial for that https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...ut-power-modes

i heard about connecting a micro usb (the cable from ps4 controller will also work) to a wall charger and the xbox controller will work without batteries. maybe it will also work when you put the cable in your xbox or with a power bank? but batteries last really long bro just like the good old gameboy days lol
          but there are also wired xbox one controller that you can buy.

thats strange but like i said maybe it was because the first start up..try to start the xbox and change the internet settings back to wi fi maybe it will work now and also try to start it without internet really interests me if the problem still exists
          Last edited by DeletedMofogga; 01-14-2017, 10:09 PM.
          - Steez 4 President -

Comment

This all depends on how ya feel and you were always pro ps4 so it would be hard to revert to another console.My ps4 is still sitting here since 2014 only having played 2 games in it and has only been turned on twice since then(twice in 3 years) as i am waiting for there exclusives which should come this year after the ps4 conference won hands down last summer.Also the controller does not have to take batteries they sell the battery pack and charge cord for 24$ (i know more $ to spend but worth it)and let me tell you i charge the battery pack for 30mins and i am good to go for three weeks before i charge.PS4 controllers have always held up better in the charging department though even the ps3 one thats well known but as mentioned there are better options.As for your wifi issue no idea there man as i traded my day one xbox before xmas to get the new xbox one S which should be the one you have and i literally was connected and had all my content moved over within 15mins.But i no longer run wifi on my consoles as its proven to be less speed for me at least wifi i do about 50-60mbs and when im hardwired i got about 170mb to 220mbs.Now to the topic of games i never played quantum break as its more of a movie game but looks decent.The Halo collection is so old so that would be hard to appreciate being a gamer now unless you were a fan from the past.The gears of war series is great.I like alot of the indie games that come out like Ori and the blind forest was a great game if you can handle a side scroll er challenge.Crackdown 3 should be coming along soon which was a good series and Cuphead i cannot wait for that looks old school but very interesting.Killer instinct if ya like fighting games (i don't)State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition was a fun zombie game.All in all they both have there pros and cons i been playing halo since 2001 wish i still had the master chief collection i would of showed ya the ropes.

Also the rest mode is called instant on and can be found in the startup settings it will install games and updates while the console is off as it runs a very low power and will update and download what needs to be.

I pressed it then it wanted to setup wifi. After I entered it the screen would go green and say Xbox one again then show the controller again.

Why it showed the controller again is it probably wanted you to make sure your controller was on the latest firmware as we can update our controllers not sure if the ps4 does that or not or the controller was not yet synced.

oh and redeem that battlefield 1 coupon would ya i'm a level 93 would love to show ya how a real gamer shoots(jk) but if ya do redeem it hit me up for a game sometime always on.Best match was 48-0 so far
            Last edited by GreenL420; 01-15-2017, 01:24 PM.

Comment

All consoles have to be connected to the internet at first (ps4 and xbox one) because of software updates, that just isn't the Xbox one.
              Love.

Comment

Haven't owned a gaming console after Super Nintendo. How young are you guys? When do you play? If I spent time playing console games, my wife would soon want a divorce. Luckily I feel no need to waste my time playing.
                Last edited by Slut; 01-15-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Well im 26 years old and I play on pc. I play after working all day sometimes 10 hour shifts, and on weekends or days when I don't have my son over.
                  Love.

Comment

Originally posted by Slut View Post
                    Haven't owned a gaming console after Super Nintendo. How young are you guys? When do you play? If I spent time playing console games, my wife would soon want a divorce. Luckily I feel no need to waste my time playing.
                    33 single still live at home and off work for a year do to health issues plenty of time to game.

Comment

[MENTION=2399]GreenL420 thanks for the info. I found out my wife's e cig charger cord fits the Xbox controller so I used that and a USB extender and play with it. I beat the master chief collection and started gears of war 1 then got bored and switched back to PS4 and have been playing assassins creed 2 from the ezio collection.

I can't believe you barely play the PS4 though. It has lots of good exclusives and all the games on Xbox are on PS4 besides a few unless they are the indie games you mentioned. I wanted an Xbox for exclusives and it looks like gears and halo are it besides forza and quantum. I was pretty disappointed. Horizon zero dawn comes out st the end of the month on PS4 and I can't wait. Then in December there's Days Gone.

I think I finally found someone to buy battlefield 1. I'm sure it's a fun game but if I do end up playing it I'll just get it on PS4. I'm not going to pay for Xbox live because I will barely ever play and I don't care for multiplayer too much.

[MENTION=1395]Slut I'm 30. I'm married and have 3 step kids. I work a full time job pretty much 11-12 hours days mom-thurs. I get up at 4:50am and get home around 6. I try to play until around 9 or later every night. I play basically all day Friday while the wife is at work and kids at school. Then I play all weekend too. Sometimes my wife gets upset but I just tell her she's lucky she married a nerd and she knows where I am and what I'm doing and not in a bar or strip club or cheating or beating on her. So I win that argument lol.

Comment

Just picked up the Xbox X last week, guys add me, kuruptsosavage, looking for people to play online with, GTA 5 and Halo atm.
                        Love.

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
                          I was pissed. I turned it on and put in my wifi and it took me back to it again after showing the controller. I added the wifi again and it failed again and again and again. After being pissed office I decided to find a Ethernet cord and hardware the piece of shit. Wtf?! Why does it have to be connected to the internet? And why the fuck does the controller STILL require batteries? Xbox is shit compared to PlayStation. I bought halo master chief collection and gears of war ultimate. I asked the guy at GameStop of some other good exclusives and all he could recommend was forza racing. I asked about quantum break or whatever it's called and he heard mixed reviews. I told him the gameplay I saw wasn't all that interesting. How can people even say Xbox one is better than PS4 when they have no exclusives, the controller requires battered, and you must be connected to the internet to use it. It's lame. Plus for any Americans who say they support Xbox because it's an American system or whatever, the fucker is still built in China lol so it's not really American.
                          I don't know how i missed this thread. I'm a PlayStation guy forever. Fuck an Xbox.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                          Working...
                          X