Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Original "Until Dawn" PS3

#VIP

Originally Until Dawn was going to be a first-person horror game for the PS3. Players would use the PlayStation Move controller to aim their flashlight, and, well, it looked a lot different.

YouTuber and video game historian PtoPOnline recently unveiled nearly 40 minutes of gameplay footage from this early build, which you can watch below.

This was before Rami Malek and Peter Stormare were involved, so you won't see characters resembling the famous actors.

In this early version action sequences were handled via motion-controlled quick-time-events.

Until Dawn's Heavy Rain-esque system of permanently killing off playable characters who meet their maker hadn't been implemented in these early previews, though the general plot seems relatively in keeping with the Until Dawn we got.

this is dope, thanks for sharing.. any gamers PM usernames
    Legacy member - Makaveli Forever.com, 2Pacforum.com, Notorious-Makaveli.com, 2Pac-forum.com, Bomb1st.com

Comment

would be cool to have onto the ps3 instead of ps4 - only a big marketing trick?
      collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by blacpain View Post
        would be cool to have onto the ps3 instead of ps4 - only a big marketing trick?
        They're just showing us an early prototype of the game. What do you mean by marketing trick ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
          They're just showing us an early prototype of the game. What do you mean by marketing trick ?
          well they released it exclusive on PS4 plattform only and the announcement in 2012 was for the PS3 (first Playstation Move compatible, later scrapped to DualShock only), if im not mistaken.
          so for the new launch they needed certain exclusive titles to bring interests into the new gen - thats marketing.
          collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by blacpain View Post
            well they released it exclusive on PS4 plattform only and the announcement in 2012 was for the PS3 (first Playstation Move compatible, later scrapped to DualShock only), if im not mistaken.
            so for the new launch they needed certain exclusive titles to bring interests into the new gen - thats marketing.
            Oh yeah. This reminds me of another game. Are you familiar with The Last Guardian that just released earlier this month ?

It was also initally intended for PS3 as it was in development since 2009. They delayed so much for reasons i didn't look into personally. I finished the game last week. Graphically it screams PS3. Gameplay wise it reminds me of PS2.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X