Do you use Roku?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you use Roku?

I want to buy Roku and ditch paid TV. Can Roku replace cable? This is what I care about:

Picture Quality

Is there anything unusual?

Additional Charges

Q: Do I have to pay extra for E! and HGTV in high picture quality?
    A: Depends how you stream it (1) Subscribe to a paid cable provider (2) Free TV streaming software with variable quality.

Software

What do you dislike about the navigation?

Performance
    Last edited by BoxerSantaros; 07-04-2017, 05:37 PM.

Those channels I watch are unnecessary because I don't like every show on the network. I can download shows via torrent instead of paying for cable. For local news, there are free apps available that stream in HQ. Roku is useless for my purpose because I can buy an older Apple TV that supports what I want. My current internet connection is 300 gb data limit with 25 Mbps download and 10 Mpbs upload. That is very reasonable. If I can find an internet plan for $35 without contract, free installation and HD Box, that would be worth it.

Comment

Just get a droid box. Roku very limited here in the uk.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2thastreetz View Post
        Just get a droid box. Roku very limited here in the uk.
        Pre-loaded Kodi is nice but there are compatibility issues. I could buy an adapter from eBay

Here

Comment

people still watch tv ?

free streaming sites are all i need.

Comment

Originally posted by insanity View Post
            people still watch tv ?

free streaming sites are all i need.

https://watchonlineseries.ch/new-series
            It's ok but not a good TV-like experience because:
            • Variable Quality
            • Broken URLs
            • Ads

Comment

I got a kodi customized firestick and a roku.. my cable is cut and I miss nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerSantaros View Post
                I want to buy Roku and ditch paid TV. Can Roku replace cable?
                Roku doesn't replace Cable. Android TV Box does. Here: https://androidtvbox-kodi.ie/

Thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
                  Roku doesn't replace Cable. Android TV Box does. Here: https://androidtvbox-kodi.ie/

Thank me later.
                  I will check that out, thank you kind sir..

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
                  If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
                  but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
                  -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
                  -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by GabrielTate View Post
                    I got a kodi customized firestick and a roku.. my cable is cut and I miss nothing.
                    Did you jailbreak the firestick or Roku yourself??

If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

I use ChromeCast.

I dont use this website, but iv heard the best of things about https://fmovies.is/ over any other website.

Comment

Originally posted by Niner_M_O_B View Post
                        Did you jailbreak the firestick or Roku yourself??
                        roku is just built into the smart tv.. just a normal roku.. i bought the firestick "jailbroken" watch using that term as nerds will correct it and stick their noses in the air lol. But I learned how to do it from youtube because it had an error and had to be reset. dog it takes like 15 minutes. u can easily do it yourself.. and its fuckin dope

Comment

roku is just built into the smart tv.. just a normal roku.. i bought the firestick "jailbroken" watch using that term as nerds will correct it and stick their noses in the air lol. But I learned how to do it from youtube because it had an error and had to be reset. dog it takes like 15 minutes. u can easily do it yourself.. and its fuckin dope
                          I have Roku and from what I gather, it can't be jailbroken..

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

probably not.. i dont know jack about roku other than how to use it and the private channels

Comment

probably not.. i dont know jack about roku other than how to use it and the private channels
                              What private channels you recommend? Only one that seems decent to me is Xtv..

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X