Battlefield 1 Vs World At War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1 Vs World At War

On October 21st 2016 after going back and forth about getting BF1 I ended up watching a live stream of game play which enticed me to buy it. I've never played any games from the Battlefield series so this was a hard buy for me. When it came time for me to learn the mechanics of the game, I was really struggling. The user interface was not very friend to say the least. I started playing a few matches and got a feel for the game. I managed to land a few head shots during my matches. I'm in no way shape or form a good Battlefield player, I'm actually quite the beginner. The whole "realistic" factor of the game just became a gimmick for me. That's not to say the game isn't great in and of itself. I'm just not great player. So for me the fun factor wore off fairly quickly. My experience made me reflect on the time I got into Call Of Duty: World at War and how I had no experience going into but it but it became easy to learn get better at it. Unlike BF1, WaW had a fairly simple user interface. These days there's a big BF Vs COD debate which has more people siding with BF. I understand the reasoning behind this is because COD has become too much of the same thing over the years. However at its time of release, WaW was a relatively fresh FPS game. If Activision decided to release a remastered version of WaW or a part 2, would you play it? Do you think that would draw in more players and breathe new life into the COD series? Also do you think more people would choose to play COD over BF1? I know I would. Please share your thoughts.

i played battlefield and call of duty until waw and tho battlefield was harder to get the hang of it was actually a much funner game to play for me .
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face...." Mike Tyson

Comment

I like to think of BF1 as a WAW2 and have been hoping for a real sequel for years. I don't understand why they didn't make one. It was a pretty popular game at the time. The COD series has gone to shit. I didn't bother getting AW or BO3, but am about to play some BF1. That game is great! The only COD I still regularly play is BO2. They seriously need to stop with the futuristic crap in COD. It's not just that though. The new games are boring. None of the multiplayer maps in BO3 look interesting.

Comment

So I've completed stopped playing BF1. Not because it's a bad game which it isn't. It's just not for me. I wish I had known that before buying the game and now I have no way to get a refund. This is due to the fact I bought it for PC which for some reason was never a physical release. I went back to playing Overwatch and COD: Waw and I've having a blast with those. If anyone want to buy the game from me then I'll sell them my origin account and email address linked to it for very cheap.

Comment

world at war is my fav cod. a remaster would be purchased 1st day.

Comment

I've played both games and I can honestly say that WaW is better. A remastered version of World At War would be great and I think it would lure many OG COD players back just like the COD4 remastered is doing as we speak. Loved the nazi zombies by the way. I remember pulling all-nighters with my friends and killing thousands of zombies in Nacht Der Untoten.

Comment

So I decided to give BF1 another shot and my God is this game fun. I'm so glad I purchased this game. As I've mentioned at first I thought it was an over complicated COD game and I was even comparing it to Waw but now I appreciate it for being a completely different gaming experience. I'm playing it on the PC and the graphics are unreal. I've only been playing TDM so far so I could rank up and play conquest and I'll also be returning to campaign mode.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X