This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Pac & Reddit

I feel if we created a 2Pac Reddit page we can help grow the community. As of right now, the 2Pac pages on Reddit are abysmal. There is a market there, we just need to harness it.

What we could do is:

When a 2Pac discussion is created, we posted a thread on Reddit & have it redirect to the thread on this site.

With Reddit being such a giant site, there is a great chance that we could grow the size of the community.

It is possible on Reddit to pay to advertise sections. There are alot of fans out there that simply don't know about this forum, or most pac forums. I was once one of those people.

Each year we do a forum mixtape. I know for a fact there is a huge amount of people active on Reddit who would absolutely love to get involved.

To be clear, this forum is more important than any Reddit page we could create, this forum is always priority number 1, i don't want to reduce the activity on here, i want to boost it, if possible.
    My intentions are to show people there is still a Pac fanbase out there, not only that but a incredibility active fanbase.

Sure people are going to hang around on the 2Pac Reddit page, but with a few threads mentions all of the fantastic discussions & rare tracks available on this forum they will want to sign up.

It's just a passing thought, id love to know what you think.

I Know Death Follows Me
    But
    I'll Murder Him First

Not a bad idea, but I'm personally not a reddit user, and I can see the influx of newbie questions (not that that's a bad thing) lol.

maybe [MENTION=856]L-Booma can talk to the right people about this

Comment

Originally posted by BigR View Post
      Not a bad idea, but I'm personally not a reddit user, and I can see the influx of newbie questions (not that that's a bad thing) lol.

I'm a Reddit addict, i spend hours & hours on it lol.

To be fair it's nice to see the new people ask questions, we were all once in their shoes.

I Know Death Follows Me
      But
      I'll Murder Him First

Comment

never got into reddit, i would if someone would explain the scheme .. i see some good discussions on various topics though.

its like a big ass forum right?

#redditupac
        Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

reddit is a totally retarded page...

Comment

[MENTION=1348]Creation Twitter is the answer.

Comment

I can share few 2f links on Reddit.

Comment

Good idea. There is very big amount pac fans out there. So many fans don't know any pac forums. Just like me i don't even remember how/where i found this site. I still don't know more then 3 pac forums lol. I don't know about other sites activity.

Comment

[MENTION=1348]Creation What is your plan to stop other Pac forums from copying?

Comment

I know that I'm kinda late with this reply, but I don't think reddit would be such a good idea. I don't think most redditors would be interested in 2Pac. They know him, but may only have heard a small portion of his music. I would suggest creating a channel and upload high quality music videos (and even live performance) on YouTube and DailyMotion (for the French). The community could suggest a specific music video every week and help find the best available quality. There are a lot of 2Pac music videos out there, but the quality is IMO pretty bad. We could also create fanmade music videos (like Life Goes On and Only God Can Judge Me) where a music video haven't been made. To promote this forum we could link to it in the description.

Edit: Portion, not position
                    Edit 2: I just saw that the site already has a YouTube channel, but since it only contains interviews we could use it for that purpose.
                    Last edited by DiVenturas; 10-29-2016, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigR View Post

Yea this is maybe a good idea. I only have no idea about Reddit or how it works
                      [MENTION=1348]Creation

Comment

Originally posted by DiVenturas View Post
                        I know that I'm kinda late with this reply, but I don't think reddit would be such a good idea. I don't think most redditors would be interested in 2Pac. They know him, but may only have heard a small portion of his music. I would suggest creating a channel and upload high quality music videos (and even live performance) on YouTube and DailyMotion (for the French). The community could suggest a specific music video every week and help find the best available quality. There are a lot of 2Pac music videos out there, but the quality is IMO pretty bad. We could also create fanmade music videos (like Life Goes On and Only God Can Judge Me) where a music video haven't been made. To promote this forum we could link to it in the description.

Edit: Portion, not position
                        Edit 2: I just saw that the site already has a YouTube channel, but since it only contains interviews we could use it for that purpose.
                        OP should have a target market. We don't target every user.

Comment

My whole idea is to reach a new level of users. We are all alot older now, we have moved on from alot of aspects of 2Pac & his life.
                          But does a 14 year old who never knew a Pac forum exists not get a chance to learn more & communicate with the more experienced Pac fans?
                          Youtube is VERY limited. You can't upload content because you get copyright strikes.
                          A young teen wants to hear the cool stories about the recording sessions, how the leaks came about, how they remixed pac's music & how they, themselves can remix his music too.
                          Pac is still very relevant. There is market out there if you look beyond your own demographic.

I can come up with alot of ideas that i will lay out for you guys, i'm busy with work, but i know we could gain a huge amount of fans if you look past the old & easy ways to find them. The old ways are dying. Look towards the future.

I Know Death Follows Me
                          But
                          I'll Murder Him First

Comment

I read this on Reddit last year and was so impressed that I joined Reddit and go there everyday when I get a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
                              My whole idea is to reach a new level of users. We are all alot older now, we have moved on from alot of aspects of 2Pac & his life.
                              But does a 14 year old who never knew a Pac forum exists not get a chance to learn more & communicate with the more experienced Pac fans?
                              Youtube is VERY limited. You can't upload content because you get copyright strikes.
                              A young teen wants to hear the cool stories about the recording sessions, how the leaks came about, how they remixed pac's music & how they, themselves can remix his music too.
                              Pac is still very relevant. There is market out there if you look beyond your own demographic.

I can come up with alot of ideas that i will lay out for you guys, i'm busy with work, but i know we could gain a huge amount of fans if you look past the old & easy ways to find them. The old ways are dying. Look towards the future.
                              Who is your target market?

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X