Nas Album Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lyricalsavage View Post
    It's dope. 25 years of being an elite rapper, Nas is legendary.
    Annoying to listen to. Struggles with beats and rhymes. At least he doesn't have an annoying voice like Jay-Z. I think the status of these mediocre rappers in the minds of rap listeners just shows how retarded rap fans are in general. Explains the off beat remixes and such...

Comment

Originally posted by Slut View Post
      Annoying to listen to. Struggles with beats and rhymes. At least he doesn't have an annoying voice like Jay-Z. I think the status of these mediocre rappers in the minds of rap listeners just shows how retarded rap fans are in general. Explains the off beat remixes and such...
      Hold up, are you saying Nas is a mediocre rapper?

Comment

Whether you like his style of music or not, I can't see how anyone can class him as an inferior rapper, he's probs the best example of east coast emcee lyricism. One of the widest vocabularies ive heard in rap, broad subject matter, multiple levels of word play;

One of my fave lines in rap - "I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell,From the spliff that I lift and inhale, it ain't hard to tell" - Aint Hard To Tell

- the idea that he can meet medusa face to face, and she gets 'stoned' instead of him turning to stone, i think thats a great example of lyricism in hip hop.

Plus the beat selection on It Was Written is so sophisticated, where's the issue???
        Last edited by Tupac Cat; 09-27-2016, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Cat View Post
          Whether you like his music or not, I can't see how anyone can class him as an inferior rapper, he's probs the best example of east coast emcee lyricism. One of the widest vocabularies ive heard in rap, broad subject matter, multiple levels of word play;

One of my fave lines in rap - "I drank Moet with Medusa, give her shotguns in hell,From the spliff that I lift and inhale, it ain't hard to tell" - Aint Hard To Tell

Plus the beat selection on It Was Written is so sophisticated, where's the issue??
          He's not an inferior rapper. You would have a lot of trouble finding anybody outside of 2pac fans that think he's mediocre.

Comment

this song is the best song i heard all year or at least top 5, love this song
            Angel In Distress

Comment

DJ Khaled is so annoying.
              MrMind's cpu acapellas & Remasters Share 09/12 - 09/13

MrMind's (2pac Remasters)

MrMind 2pac cpu Acapellas

Comment

Originally posted by VenomRx View Post
                Had a feeling it would have that modern trash type production.

Shit like this goes unnoticed:
                Are you just arguing from a production standpoint ?

Then maybe we can agree. But honestly the production on Nas Album Done for today's standards isn't complete trash. That fugees sample was sweet and a breath of fresh air. The production overall is certainly tolerable.

Nas is lyrically superior than Blak Union. No offense but just asking ... You're one of them "Can't stand anything mainstream" guys ?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyhopia View Post
                  Plus the beat selection on It Was Written is so sophisticated, where's the issue???
                  My only issue with Nas is that "It Was Written" was the only best produced album to date until this very day. LOL that's just 1 album. Nothing before or after "It Was Written" was comparable or greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
                    My only issue with Nas is that "It Was Written" was the only best produced album to date until this very day. LOL that's just 1 album. Nothing before or after "It Was Written" was comparable or greater.
                    Lol apart from illmatic being widely considered one of, if not the best rap album ever put together. Even lost tapes which consists of cuts is mad tight. Like him or not I think its hard to deny his pedigree in hiphop.

Comment

Originally posted by Tupac Cat View Post
                      Lol apart from illmatic being widely considered one of, if not the best rap album ever put together. Even lost tapes which consists of cuts is mad tight. Like him or not I think its hard to deny his pedigree in hiphop.
                      Individual select tracks from later albums had greater production. But production overall of a complete album compared to others ... I feel "It Was Written" takes the crown. I'm speaking strictly from a production standpoint.

I like Nas alot. I have his discography and whatever demos that leaked throughout the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
                        Love the song. The Fugees sample is fantastic.

The Scarface x Nas collab ''Hip Hop'' is one of my favorite rap songs of the last few years. Justice League Killed the beat & Scarface & Nas demolished the beat. All thanks to Khaled.
                        damn i forgot about this track ty for the reminder ^^
                        It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Comment

Originally posted by VenomRx View Post
                          Had a feeling it would have that modern trash type production.

Shit like this goes unnoticed:
                          thank you for sharing this bro, im from london also. its kinda kool to see americans livin here spittin that underground hip hop. do u mind sharing more hip hop with me? feel free to pm if u have time. i dont mind sharing some with u also.
                          It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Comment

DJ Khaled sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard2Kill View Post
                              Are you just arguing from a production standpoint ?

Then maybe we can agree. But honestly the production on Nas Album Done for today's standards isn't complete trash. That fugees sample was sweet and a breath of fresh air. The production overall is certainly tolerable.

Nas is lyrically superior than Blak Union. No offense but just asking ... You're one of them "Can't stand anything mainstream" guys ?
                              I could stand mainstream hip-hip/rap until around 2006-2007 (when Lil Wayne blew up) seemed like the industry just copied what was selling.

Loved the productions manny fresh had early 2000's- they had their own style ,unique and not following others. Just an example.

Not saying better lyrically. If the beat blows lyrics dont hit as hard and vise versa. Autotune is played out too - shit sounds too fake. Just not feeling it.
                              "Very nice. So what is it, *Mr.* Cocksucker now?...Lunch is for wimps."

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomenon View Post
                                thank you for sharing this bro, im from london also. its kinda kool to see americans livin here spittin that underground hip hop. do u mind sharing more hip hop with me? feel free to pm if u have time. i dont mind sharing some with u also.
                                Here is another cool artist spittin some real shit (beat is sick), Ill pm you soon.
                                "Very nice. So what is it, *Mr.* Cocksucker now?...Lunch is for wimps."

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                                Working...
                                X