X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Star awarded to best answer

Problem: Users are unmotivated to answer questions thoughtfully
    Solution: Award star or points to best answer chosen by OP i.e. Yahoo Answers

Example

Naw.

Comment

Is that an example of a good answer?

Comment

Originally posted by BigR View Post
        Naw.
        why?
        Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Originally posted by BigR View Post
          Naw.
          Why not?

Comment

i like this concept, yes do it.
            Running from the police..

No matter what I do..

Comment

Originally posted by Big G.O.V.
              We have the rep system for that.
              It sucks. Random numbers and weird limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by Big G.O.V.
                Why random?
                Because the rep numbers don't mean anything. I have a rep power of 579. WTF is that? Why not 512 or something else? It's just retarded. It is not controllable so it's not a KPI you can monitor. If my target was 600, what exactly would I have to do to reach it?

All of the metrics suck. A pointless bullshit posts is worth 1 post just like a major contribution. There is no sense in the likes and thanks either. When do you use thanks instead of like? If this was a company and these were the followed metrics, failure would be guaranteed.
                Last edited by Slut; 09-23-2016, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slut View Post
                  Is that an example of a good answer?
                  It's actually an example of a free poster. Sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Slut View Post
                    Because the rep numbers don't mean anything. I have a rep power of 579. WTF is that? Why not 512 or something else? It's just retarded. It is not controllable so it's not a KPI you can monitor. If my target was 600, what exactly would I have to do to reach it?

All of the metrics suck. A pointless bullshit posts is worth 1 post just like a major contribution. There is no sense in the likes and thanks either. When do you use thanks instead of like? If this was a company and these were the followed metrics, failure would be guaranteed.
                    LOL

I will explain the rep system to you later. It totally makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Big G.O.V. View Post
                      LOL

I will explain the rep system to you later. It totally makes sense.
                      No. Doesn't make sense. My rep power has never made a difference to anyone. How does it make sense to have such numbers?

Comment

LMAO

in my opinion, the rep system isn't the problem - its members are tight around here in giving rep. I try to give rep and encourage it. Maybe in some peoples opinion i give rep too freely, but i think others are tight.

MCNewYork71 & BIG G.O.V. have been the most generous high ranking members with the rep. Insanity has been good with rep too. - shout Blacpain / palmolive thug and others i forgot, they set the example with giving rep.

the like-thank system is a little bit redundant i would agree on that point with Slut, on B1 its just thank you and that works better than the other software of forums i think.

im not saying that to kiss B1 ass either, I'm moving on from B1.

i wonder if some old VIPs are still earning their spot. I know there is 1 member in VIP who hasn't even logged on since almost a year and a half ago. there might be something I'm not familiar with that explains why he's still VIP but obviously for someone like me looking at it, it seems a bit odd.
                        Last edited by Steez; 09-25-2016, 06:22 PM.

No matter what I do..

Comment

I've been a member for 7 years and I admit, I don't know what the Rep Power means other than status. I do often use the Like and Thank options though.
                          I'm cool with the way it is.

Comment

How to REP+ a member who's posted a valuable post - just click the little sherif badge insignia next to "Blog this Post"..

No matter what I do..

Comment

yes for me the rep system is working, too @Big G.O.V. @Steez
                              but i dont know, if everybody know, how to work with it / how to use it and when. thats the biggest problem - maybe some are just too lazy to hit the rep button and just hit thank and/or like it (i dont know)

as a bonus you got following options
                              - thank you (plus unthank)
                              - like it (plus unlike)
                              - dislike

@BoxerSantos
                              i really appreciate such threads, where we can discuss such topics in a smooth way, even if i say that the actual system incl. rep and the bonus optiopns is good enough *ya feel me*?
                              collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X