No announcement yet.

The Character Paper Boi on Donald Glover's FX series "Atlanta" is ATL's 2Pac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Character Paper Boi on Donald Glover's FX series "Atlanta" is ATL's 2Pac

*Spoiler alert*

I was watching FX series "Atlanta" last night which is very entertaining and funny I recommend watching it. The character Paper Boi a rapper gets himself in a little bit of trouble with a gun and was referred to as ATL's 2Pac in more than one scene. I found this kind of interesting there is irony in Paper Boi's music speaking about shooting enemies and then going to jail in a related incident he eventually gets labelled in local ATL by folks as one of the last OG's in rap music. The audience does not get to hear too much of Paper Boi's music in the pilot.

As Pac fans do you like this angle? Pac as "OG" in terms of his antics. The character Paper Boi receives more radio play because of his cousin Earn (Donald Glover) bending over backwards to get his tape heard through a local radio station. However, Paper Boi becomes somewhat of an over night sensation once he is released after spending the night in jail for defending himself like an "OG".

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X