Netflix ‘luke cage’ series will mesh hip hop and the marvel universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix ‘luke cage’ series will mesh hip hop and the marvel universe

Next month Luke Cage will join Netflix as Marvel‘s third original series for the streaming service. The Harlem-based comic character with impenetrable skin and superhuman strength will be played by Mike Colter and will be Marvel’s first Black lead character, which is a major milestone. Showrunner Cheo Hodari Coker wants to make sure the show is injected with Hip Hop elements as well.

“I’m calling episodes songs. They are all musical. Each episode is named after a Gang Starr song,” Coker told attendees at the show’s TCA panel. “It wasn’t as much about bringing the world’s together as it was talking about something that was already there. Hip Hop fans are obsessed and they’re geeks about Hip Hop. Comic book fans are also geeks, and when you can meld the two then you open the world up to I think communities that will just take to each other.”

The show’s first two trailers played Nas‘ “Made You Look” and Ol’ Dirty Bastard‘s “Shimmy Shimmy Ya” respectively, so there was always a sense that Hip Hop would be incorporated with the show. In addition, real-life artists such as Jadakiss, Faith Evans, and Raphael Saadiq have all been confirmed to make cameos as performers at the show’s fictional club “Paradise”.

Source: http://thesource.com/2016/07/31/netf...rvel-universe/

I WISH I HADNT SEEN THE TRAILER. can't wait till september 30th...
    - Steez 4 President -

hope he has more emotion than in jessica jones. pretty lifeless in the role...

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X