Most Psychedelic & Tripped Out Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnie P View Post
    i kind of like this album, it gave me chills at times. music with such melodies, i related it to the dawn of man or the begginning of the universe. dunno why lol.
    Subtitled "Electronic Musical Impressions of the Occult", this album by Ataraxia (meaning: "A spiritual balance, the synonim of a state of perfection that is not possible to be reached by human beings entirely, Ataraxia becomes a state of tension and we try to open our minds to be receptive and perceptive towards the occurings of life.") was an idea to designing music to accompany meditations to the mantra of the listeners choice. This concept became the album The Unexplained. It was the Moog-wizard Mort Garson himself, who followed up his Black Mass album from 1971 with this strange opus. But Garson changed his pseudonym from "Lucifer" to "Ataraxia", and this, his second (and last) occult-themed instrumental Moog-album, was released by RCA in 1975.

The result was another great piece of Moog-music much in style with his previous album, mainly less sinister but more melodious, and it also had better and more complex drumbeats. Each title was named after an occult phenomenon or theme, and this time the titles seemed to suggest that the lighter side of occultism was in focus. Even the cover featuring a mystic but calm "aura" face was very fitting to the album's contense.
    Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

funkadelic ... check dem out , there is more great black old school music , bootsy collins for example, hendrix is nice also ...

you will like it probably since u like 2pac ... gfunk > funk > Black Music
      Last edited by C4poTheDon; 10-18-2016, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by C4poTheDon View Post
        funkadelic ... check dem out , there is more great black old school music , bootsy collins for example, hendrix is nice also ...

you will like it probably since u like 2pac ... gfunk > funk > Black Music
        yep, parliament funkadelic bootsy collins george clinton,etc. the ancestor of g funk sound THIS ISNT WHAT I MEAN, I MEAN SOMETHING OCCULT, PSYCHEDELIC, CREEPY etc.
        Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Revolution 9 Is Fuckin Dope
          Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

"The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas".

Comment

Originally posted by daojin View Post
              Gotta hear this
              Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Who has read this thread:
              Working...
              X