Questions for Ron G? TIME SENSITIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Ron G? TIME SENSITIVE

Sooooo I interview 2pac related people for my youtube channel and NOT for any specific website. I do not post them here out of respect for L-booma. But I have always wanted to interview DJ RON G.
    I landed the interview. It is in 48 hours. Does anyone have questions for Ron G? If so, and they are well worded, I'll ask them. thanks.

Nothing specific, but can you get him to detail "The Heat" session? Who was there, atmosphere and all of that stuff

Comment

I did a text interview with him 4 years ago. His answers were a bit short sometimes (but interesting), maybe you can re-ask some of my questions.

Comment

Originally posted by L-Booma View Post
        http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread.php?t=68257

I did a text interview with him 4 years ago. His answers were a bit short sometimes (but interesting), maybe you can re-ask some of my questions.
        Not sure if I read that before, thanks lol

Comment

Can we expect to hear unheards he did with Pac?
          Is the Representing for Ron G master available?

Comment

Originally posted by Slut View Post
            Can we expect to hear unheards he did with Pac?
            Is the Representing for Ron G master available?
            He did no other songs with Pac and yes the master exist, but is not leaked.

Comment

aks him abo0t his "waterbed crew" & what he is doin these days... and: whats his fav. mixtape of his?
              Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Originally posted by L-Booma View Post
                He did no other songs with Pac and yes the master exist, but is not leaked.
                In that case I would focus on that one track. Who cares about the non-Pac stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Slut View Post
                  In that case I would focus on that one track. Who cares about the non-Pac stuff?
                  i do.
                  Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Recording with 2Pac the Day of Quad Studios Shooting

“B.I.G. was always coming to my house, and he would always tell me about 2Pac. That was his homie. He was like, ‘Yo, Pac’s letting me open up for him. Why don’t y’all come support me?’ And the club I think we went to was called the Country Club, on 86th Street between 2nd and 3rd. I really was down there to see B.I.G. perform, and I wound up meeting 2Pac. And I was like, ‘Man, ‘Brenda’s Got a Baby,’ and ‘Keep Ya Head Up,’ this kid is dope.’ I was a fat dude wishing I had tattoos, like, ‘Damn, I gotta get skinny.’ Pac was the man. I was fascinated with his image.

“Me and my mans ran up on him and were like, ‘Yo Pac, we’re true fans. Is there any way we can get you on a Ron G tape?’ And he was like, ‘Man, I heard of you through my nigga Biggie!’ At that time, he was from New York, but he was still running in Baltimore and L.A. and all that shit. But he was a fan of what I was doing, and what I was doing for other rappers.

“One day he called my manager like, ‘Yo, I’m in town. Where y’all niggas at?’ [My manager] gave him the address like, ‘Come up.’ Ten minutes later, he knocked on my door. He had four dudes with him—Stretch, and three other dudes I didn’t know. And he was like, ‘Make me a beat, man.’ After a while that was my thing.

“At the time, I was looking at TV, and I was seeing how 2Pac was going through so much drama with the cops, and having problems. And I was like, ‘I want a track with the ambulance going back and forth.’ And I was whispering like, ‘Yo, you got that?’ Like it was a drug sale, letting people know that I got that heat, which was 2Pac.

“And then he came on there like, ‘Follow if you feel me/I think niggas is trying to kill me/picturing pistols, spitting hollow points ‘til they drill me/Keeping it real, and even if I can conceal/My criminal thoughts, preoccupied with keepin’ steel/See niggas is false, sitting in court, turn snitches/They used to be real, now they petrified bitches/I’m trying to be strong, they sending armies out to bomb me/Listen to Ron, the only DJ that can calm me.’ After that, I was like, ‘Whooo!’ And that was the [verse that ended up on the] Big L joint [‘Deadly Combination’ from The Big Picture, which I also produced].

“After that, he was like, ‘Yo yo G, I’m out.’ And I was seeing him on the phone a little bit, but I wasn’t really paying attention because I was trying to mix the beat real quick so he could take it. And at two o’clock in the morning, I was looking at the news, and I seen that he was shot at Quad Studios. And I was [shaken] by that, like, ‘Damn, I hope he know I had nothing to do with that, because I love Pac and the Outlawz.’ It was a crazy time in my life.

“Then two weeks later, I ran into the Outlawz in Jersey, and they were like, ‘Yo, 2Pac know you ain’t got nothing to do with it. Pac sends his love.’ So I was like, ‘Okay,’ and I felt free from that. I wouldn’t hurt my nigga for nothing. I’m a true fan, and I’m as real as I can be, too. It’s a blessing. It made me a part of history, though, in my own unique way. I had police knocking on my door for like three weeks straight, like, ‘Do you know anything?’ I’m like, ‘Nah. I don’t know. I’m just making beats.’

“I put [the 2Pac freestyle] out maybe three weeks after [he got shot], because I was still kind of shook behind that. I was like, ‘Damn, I don’t want people feeling some type of way. Let me wait until I get a response.’ Then once the Outlawz said [everything was okay], I was like, ‘Aiight, cool.’ After that, I knew I was meant for more than just doing beats. I was meant to be a part of this hip-hop history. And that’s when I started saying, ‘Let me do creative things, more than just mixtapes.”

Good read overall, not just tupac part, if you are interested in hip-hop of course, not just "changes" & "cali love".
                    Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

I appreciate everyone's Q's... i got in as many as i could. (pretty GOOD interview BTW) special thanks to [MENTION=856]L-Booma for his link to his interview. (had me scared because anyone who interviews KNOWS that short answers make for a damn difficult interview..lol) But it went well! Thank you everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by MOBsta 662 View Post
                        http://nahright.com/mixtape-memories-with-dj-ron-g/

Good read overall, not just tupac part, if you are interested in hip-hop of course, not just "changes" & "cali love".
                        i cant wait for you to hear mine.. he gave 3 unspoken on facts and subjest matter, including why biggies verse didnt make the remix on lp and soo much more. Over an hour about similar topics posted here. thanks for the link. it helped

Comment

Originally posted by jmix View Post
                          i cant wait for you to hear mine.. he gave 3 unspoken on facts and subjest matter, including why biggies verse didnt make the remix on lp and soo much more. Over an hour about similar topics posted here. thanks for the link. it helped
                          can´t wait. tag me when it´s done!
                          Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

Originally posted by MOBsta 662 View Post
                            can´t wait. tag me when it´s done!
                            absolutely friend!!!

Comment

Me tooo!!
                              I Feel His Hands On My Brain, When I Write Rhymes I Go Blind And Let The Lord Do His Thang

YOUTUBE
                              https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCy-d3k7LXFFBDNgaMcHAOXQ

FaceFuck
                              https://www.facebook.com/cristo.white.73

SoundCloud
                              https://soundcloud.com/tupackillathuggrmx

InstaGramm
                              https://www.instagram.com/killathuggrmx/

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X