Kimbo Slice Dead at 42 1974 - 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimbo Slice Dead at 42 1974 - 2016

Kimbo Slice has died ... TMZ Sports has confirmed. He was 42.

We broke the story, Slice was hospitalized early Monday near his home in Coral Springs, FL. He passed away a short time later.

The CEO of Bellator MMA confirmed the news ... saying, "We are all shocked and saddened by the devastating untimely loss of Kimbo Slice, a beloved member of the Bellator family.'

"One of the most popular MMA fighters ever, Kimbo was a charismatic, larger-than-life personality that transcended the sport."

"Outside of the cage he was a friendly, gentle giant and a devoted family man. HIs loss leaves us all with extremely heavy hearts, and our thoughts and prayers are with the entire Ferguson family and all of Kimbo's friends, fans and teammates."

Details surrounding Kimbo's death are unclear. We're working on it.

Kimbo -- real name Kevin Ferguson -- last fought at Bellator 149 back in February and defeated Dada 5000 -- but the victory was overturned when Slice tested positive for a banned steroid.

Back in 2003, Slice became an Internet sensation for his backyard fighting videos -- destroying several opponents in unsanctioned street fights. He later signed a deal to fight in the UFC.

Slice competed on "The Ultimate Fighter" in 2009 ... and while his MMA career never really blossomed, he was undefeated as a boxer, with a 7-0 record.

Slice also did some acting -- appearing in 2012's "The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption."
    R.I.P. Kimbo

he was a beast..R.i.p
    Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

r.i.p.
      - Steez 4 President -

Comment

these guys have nothing better to do:

Comment

Rip kimbo

Comment

R.I.P Kimbo

Comment

RIP Kimbo, although I always hated how he was protected by fighting cans in EliteXC, I loved his backyard brawls and the fact that he gave it a shot to try and compete in the UFC. That last fight in Bellator was one of the worst the sport has ever seen, and his win was overturned due to him testing positive for steroids, but he was a huge name and I would look forward to seeing his fights regardless.

Comment

RIP

always shock to hear when somebody passes away unexpectadly. He was suppose to fight soon, if im not mistaken.

Comment

RIP

from one Dade County boy to another

Comment

Dade County legend.. R I P

"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.
                    If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,
                    but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

-John 15:18-19

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."
                    -Revelation 1:18

"They claim that I'm violent."
                    -Tupac Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by LabelMeAnOutlaw View Post
                      RIP

from one Dade County boy to another
                      Where you stay by cuzo?..

If you were of the world, the world will love you as it's own; but because you are not of the world,

"I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by Niner_M_O_B View Post
                        Where you stay by cuzo?..
                        South Miami Heights. Didn't even realize that Kimbo grew up right next door in Cutler Ridge, excuse me, "Cutler Bay".

Comment

I believe hes from Perrine, no?

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

Originally posted by Niner_M_O_B View Post
                            I believe hes from Perrine, no?
                            Before he moved to Perrine he was living in Cutler Ridge.

Comment

Originally posted by LabelMeAnOutlaw View Post
                              Before he moved to Perrine he was living in Cutler Ridge.
                              We should smoke one in his name..

-Tupac Shakur

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X