Ubisoft Downgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubisoft Downgrades

New Video Shows How Ubisoft Downgrades In Quality From E3 Game Footage To Actual Game Footage

Many gamers have noted that Ubisoft is guilty of making in-game footage during E3 look magnificently finished with realistic sound design, reflections and more, but hacking away all of that for release. And one fan released this video to show just how extreme the difference was between footage shown at E3 and footage from when the game actually releases.

The video appeared on YouTube on June 4 from YouTuber user CrowbCat. The video has over 700,000 views already and CrowbCat has almost 60,000 subscribers to their channel.

CrowbCat makes sure to note in the description,

Comparison between E3 demos and retail version of recent Ubisoft games. I encourage you to not only focus on textures or lighting, but also on animation, level design, assets, physics, and sound. Recorded in 1080p at max settings on PC with a controller.

It’s very apparent from watching the video that there are extreme differences between what is show at E3 during the gameplay demo and what eventually comes out during release. Many of the things I immediately noticed was the sound, textures and the NPC’s in the area. In the E3 demos, there were a ton more realistic sounds and the textures and lighting felt more realistic and polished, plus there were usually a lot more NPC’s wandering around. But in the actual releases of the games, many of these things were either very altered or taken out completely. For example, when I played The Division, I was expecting to see what I had seen in E3 demos where you hear gunshots in the distance, screaming, random people wandering around, but the actual gameplay had none of that. Matter-of-fact, I was pretty blown away by the fact that I felt very alone in The Division and it didn’t feel like I thought it would at all. So in a way, the surfacing of this video doesn’t surprise me at all.

I understand that there comes a time when things must be cut in order to make sure the game releases on time. But it really does seem like Ubisoft beefs up the game for the gameplay demo and then takes out the things that take up too much time to fix for when the game actually releases. It's like putting on a show to create hype around the game. When I first saw this video, my first reaction was this has to be an edited video, but then I remembered my experience with The Division and I wasn't so sure anymore. I mean, if you really wanted to, you could look up gameplay demos from E3 and then look up gameplay videos on YouTube after the game was released.

Seen this vid pretty messed up but its not a big surprise they sink alot of money into them stage demos all the time to make them look more appealing it aint only ubisoft at fault for sure.

Comment

Many companies do this crap. Remember when they first showed Killzone 2 at E3? Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway was big time guilty of this. It looked amazing when they showed it off at E3. Very different at release.

Comment

all retail versions look worse than the gameplay footages on E3. It's because they show a version which runs on a high end gaming pc
        My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
        Vinyls: 60
        Cassettes: 110
        CDs: 216

Comment

They cut a lot of stuff, that's how it has always been with games :/
          You got to deal with me on a whole new level

Comment

Pretty fucked up how they'll practically lie in the trailers and demos they show at E3. Most of the stuff they show is entirely scripted and made just for the show. One of the biggest offenders I can remember is Bioshock Infinite, since like none of that shit even ended up in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by kamp View Post
              Pretty fucked up how they'll practically lie in the trailers and demos they show at E3. Most of the stuff they show is entirely scripted and made just for the show. One of the biggest offenders I can remember is Bioshock Infinite, since like none of that shit even ended up in the game.
              Not only Ubisoft, but others too. Have you seen Mafia 2 beta presentations? They cut entire half of the game including weapons, world elements, missions, and even melee combat system.

For interested
              You got to deal with me on a whole new level

Comment

Originally posted by MakaveliStillBallin View Post
                Not only Ubisoft, but others too. Have you seen Mafia 2 beta presentations? They cut entire half of the game including weapons, world elements, missions, and even melee combat system.

For interested
                Hate how games these days are sold on lies. This video also reminds me how big of a mistake DLC is, too much content that was originally planned for the game then resold to you or day one locked on disc crap. Expansion packs back in the day were way better; they had some real effort put into them and were practically a full game themselves.

Comment

Not ubisoft but another game company. Can't remember their name but they did borderlands. Remember how fucked up alien colonial marines was? Pissed me off. They ruined that game. Someone made a similar video showing how great the demo was opposed to the retail.

Comment

Dark Souls 2 was also totally downgraded.
                    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
                    Vinyls: 60
                    Cassettes: 110
                    CDs: 216

Comment

CrowbCat's videos are insightful and hilarious.

Comment

I've been boycotting Ubisoft for a long time now..

I also mailed them about how much i hate them and they can fuck themselves for the lies and downgrades..

I got no response.. lol..

Now they are remastering an Assassins Creed game.. I guess applying a new filter and upgrading the graphics a little is equals to a whole new game these days..

Comment

Just got siege the other day, and today I preordered Watch Dogs 2 on steam, i have no problem with ubisoft.
                          Love.

Comment

I don't think I've bought any games from Ubisoft and don't think I ever will.

Comment

I think the last ubisoft game I bought was watch Dogs. Never buying a game ubisoft game again

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X