Uncharted 4's Sales Surpass 2.7 Million in First Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncharted 4's Sales Surpass 2.7 Million in First Week

In its first week on sale, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End sales have surpassed 2.7 million units, according to Sony. The figure represents copies of the game sold to customers, as opposed to shipped to retailers, and includes both physical and digital sales as of May 16.

The figure was revealed on the PlayStation Blog, where Sony Computer Entertainment America marketing manager Asad Qizlbash said the game is "the fastest-selling PS4 first party title to-date" in North America.

"Thank you to the team at Naughty Dog for delivering Uncharted 4, a stunning experience that sets a new bar for interactive entertainment," said Shawn Layden, chairman of Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios.

"We are thrilled so many gamers have taken this journey with Nathan Drake and look forward to continuing to deliver epic gaming experiences available only on PlayStation."

The last game in the series, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, reportedly shipped 3.8 million globally on day-one of its release. However, the game was released some years into the PlayStation 3's life and, therefore, had a larger audience.

The Last of Us, another game developed by Naughty Dog, was released in June 2013. Nine months after its launch, Sony stated The Last of Us had sold six million units, but did not specify whether this was sold to retailers or to consumers.

Uncharted 4's debut week in the UK was "by far the most successful launch in the series," according to sales monitor Chart-Track. It arrived on the sales chart at No.1, and has retained that position into its second week on sale.

Naughty Dog's closing chapter for the series arrived has received rave reviews, including a 10/10 score from GameSpot.
    sigpic

Hell yeah. Looking forward to playing it. I went to rent it today but it wasn't there. I got platinum trophies on the first 3 over the weekend so I was ready to jump on 4.

Comment

I've played and completed the entire Uncharted trilogy and I honestly believe part 4 was lacking. I got bored and never beat the game. I might give it another go someday but I hardly play my PS4 anymore. Hopefully it's released on PC someday but it probably won't.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X