Ps4 Hard drive & external hard drive/thumb drives question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ps4 Hard drive & external hard drive/thumb drives question

My ps4 is running low on space. My applications are what's taking the room up. Its all games and a few I've downloaded but most of those I've deleted because I can redownload them. I know you can transfer save files to thumb drives or external hardware. I would like to know if you can plug them in and load from there as well or do you need to transfer from external hd to the ps4 again. I was thinking of buying an external hd just for my ps4 games. Also does anyone know if you can transfer the downloaded from the disc install to the external devices? That's what seems to take the most space. The application. I'm afraid to delete a game like gtav then when I want to play it agĂ in have to wait like an hour or more for the fucker to install again. I hope this makes sense by thanks for the help.

I don't think you can copy application date to a hard drive, if that would be possible I would be interested to do this too

I have big ass games installed: Elder Scrolls Tamriel Unlimited, Dragon Age GOTY Edition (both downloaded from the PS Store and good for 65 GB each)
    and then I have AC Syndicate (with all DLC) and GTA V, also good for 55 GB each
    So my PS hard drive is quite full

I think XBox One has this feature, you can buy a special hard drive for the console but for PS4, I'm afraid it won't work
    sigpic

Comment

This is the best solution.

Comment

Originally posted by 2psah View Post

Just watched that and wow it was so easy. I did that on my ps3 but was afraid on the ps4 but for sure needs to be done for the upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by 2psah View Post
          I remember doing this with my PS3, think there was a cap of like 500GB back then though lol. Man the amount of space available now is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by kamp View Post
            I remember doing this with my PS3, think there was a cap of like 500GB back then though lol. Man the amount of space available now is crazy.
            yeah it is. i think i did a 500gb on my ps3 as well. now these games are so huge though so a 2TB is like the way to go. i need to do it eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
              yeah it is. i think i did a 500gb on my ps3 as well. now these games are so huge though so a 2TB is like the way to go. i need to do it eventually.
              Yeah games take up so much space these days, I remember when the PS3 came out and people were making a big deal out of Devil May Cry 4 taking up 10GB of space.

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
                as far as I know there's only 1 2tb hdd that is compatible for ps4 at the moment (seagate or samsung hdd or something) but many ppl have problems with it (beep sounds etc.)

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                Working...
                X