Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prison Break Officially Returning to FOX.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prison Break Officially Returning to FOX.

It’s official: Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows are coming back to TV. At the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour today, FOX officially announced that Prison Break is returning as an event series.

Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell – who also both currently star in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow -- will reprise their roles as the oft-imprisoned brothers. The original Prison Break producing team, series creator Paul T. Scheuring (Zero Hour), Neal Moritz (The Fast and the Furious franchise), Marty Adelstein (Aquarius, Last Man Standing) and Dawn Olmstead (The Whispers, Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce), all are back as executive producers, with Scheuring serving as showrunner/writer. FOX's executives promised other returning characters, yet to be named.

Last summer, confirming earlier reports, FOX revealed they were actively developing the return of Prison Break, making it seem almost a certainty the show would return.

UPDATE: Following the announcement, FOX’s Chairman and CEO, Gary Newman, was asked a bit more about Prison Break, including how Michael Scofield could be a part of the show, given he seemed to die in the "Final Break" conclusion movie.

Said Newman, “I don’t want to spool too much of it, but obviously, one of the things we all wondered about... We all, who watched the show and loved it, thought that Michael had died. Paul Scheuring came in with a great twist, that explains that he didn’t die and what he’s been doing in the interim.”

Regarding the brain tumor Michael had, Newman noted, “In the script I read, it wasn’t really addressed, so I don’t exactly know if that’s been somehow taken care of or not.”

Newman revealed that filming on Prison Break begins in April and that it will air sometime during the 2016-2017 season, though it has yet to be determined if it will be in the fall or spring. As for the episode count, it will be between 8 to 10 episodes, but that needs to be determined, as FOX negotiates with Warner Bros., who produce Legends of Tomorrow (and likely have contractual first position with Miller and Purcell) about how much availability the actors have in-between filming Legends Season 1 and a hypothetical Season 2.

Explained Newman, “As you know, they’re both working on another series. We’re working with Warner Bros. to clear out enough time to get done what we want to get done, but exactly how many hasn’t been decided yet.”

I kove Prison Break, but I dont need new season.
    My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
    Vinyls: 60
    Cassettes: 110
    CDs: 216

Comment

Season 1 was good, the rest was stringed out nonsense, another season is definitely not needed.
      My Current PC
      i7 5820k @ 4.4 Ghz w/ Corsair H100i | Asus x99a | 500GB Samsung 850 SSD |250GB Samsung 840 SSD | MSI GTX1080 8GB | Asus Xonar Essence STX | 32GB Corsair Vengence | Corsair AX860

Comment

Will have to check this then. Can't remember how the last season ended though. The same with X Files.

I hope that Lost will not return with another season.

Comment

Originally posted by Slut View Post
          Will have to check this then. Can't remember how the last season ended though. The same with X Files.

I hope that Lost will not return with another season.
          Yes Lost was too much at the End, it looks like they dont know what they are doing

From all the Series I only want a new Season of Prison Break Rest is out....

Comment

Originally posted by Slut View Post
            The same with X Files.
            the new season will start in February here in Germany and I cant remember what happened the last season or better the whole serie
            My 2PAC Collection | Status: 09/27/2018
            Vinyls: 60
            Cassettes: 110
            CDs: 216

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus View Post
              the new season will start in February here in Germany and I cant remember what happened the last season or better the whole serie
              It starts within the next 2 weeks over here I think. Can't remember anything from the series either.

Comment

i will be checking this out seen the all the seasons so far.

Comment

I'm a curious what they gonna say happened with Michael, he was dead in the series as far as we're concerned

A new season is not needed in my opinion
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzymoon View Post
                    I'm a curious what they gonna say happened with Michael, he was dead in the series as far as we're concerned

A new season is not needed in my opinion
                    They will Start before the "Final Break" where Michael is still Alive.

Comment

Prison Break was a classic. I was very hooked as I kept watching episode after episode hoping it wouldn't end just yet. I am happy to hear it's coming back.

Although I'm sure this decision was somewhat influenced by what's happening with X-Files. This wasn't something they cared about out of the blue.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                      Working...
                      X