Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridley Scott Reveals That Every Version of The Xenomorph will be in ALIEN: COVENANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridley Scott Reveals That Every Version of The Xenomorph will be in ALIEN: COVENANT

Remember that time when Ridley Scott was promoting Prometheus and he kept saying that it wasn’t connected to Alien? We all knew he was full of it. Now he’s embracing the Alien aspect of the franchise like he’s never embraced it before. He plans on making three new films that will lead up to the events that take place in his original Alien movie.

The first film in this new trilogy is called Alien: Covenant, and during an interview with The Wrap, Scott reveals that the entire breadth of the Xenomorph lifecycle will return. He explains:

“We’ll have them all. Egg, face-hugger, chest-burster, then the big boy.”

The official synopsis for the film explains that this first movie will in some way connect directly to Scotts 1979 sci-fi horror classic. Covenant centers on a new team of explorers bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy.

“The crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.”

Scott goes on to say:

“They’re going to go to the planet where the engineers came from, and come across the evolving creature that they had made. Why did they make it? Why would they make such a terrifying beast? It felt bio-mechanoid, it felt like a weapon. And so the movie will explain that, and reintroduce the alien back into it."

I’m curious to learn what the answers to all of these questions are. if there are going to be eggs, I wonder if we will see the Queen Xenomorph as well. I like that Scott is ready to fully dive into this Alien mythology, hopefully, he ends up making a new trio of awesome movies that all fans will embrace, unlike Prometheus.

Alien: Covenant opens in theaters on October 6th, 2017.

VERY interesting intel, heard about the movie but didn't know about this. Hopefully that one with Ripley and Hicks will be good

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X