Nas' Rare/Unreleased Tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nas' Rare/Unreleased Tracks

As some of you might know already, Nas originally planned to drop a double disk album entitled I Am... The Autobiography, which he intended as the middle ground between the extremes of Illmatic and It Was Written. The concept of the album was going to be autobiography of Nas with each track detailing a part of his life. However the recent introduction of MP3 bootlegging over the internet would soon crush Nas' original plans and creation as much of the LP was leaked into MP3 format onto the Internet. Rather than just releaseing the supposed double album as is, Nas scrapped the original tracklist and quickly recorded enough substitute material and salvaged what he could from the original recordings and dropped a single-disc release, removing the autobiographical aspect of the album. Then the label that Nas was signed to at the time (Columbia Records) had scheduled to release the pirated material from I Am… under the title "Nastradamus" during the latter half of 1999, but Nas had decided that he should record an entire new album for the release of "Nastradamus." His record label then bullied him into making an incredibly rushed Nastradamus album to meet a November release date, that was less than seven months after the release of I Am... which lead Nas to release two mediocre albums in the span of less than seven months. Although, it was really only Nastradamus that got poor reception and reviews; I Am... was a good album - it just wasn't at the same level as Illmatic and It Was Written.

Some of the tracks there were supposed to be on the original I Am.. that were taken off have resurfaced all over the place, either on The Lost Tapes that Nas released back in 2002 or random bootlegs floating around, and in my opinion they're some of the best songs Nas ever made: "The Rise and Fall", "Amongst Kings", Fetus (Belly Button Window). Unfortunately the original tracklisting is apparently completely lost. You'll find some bootleg tracklists floating around, but it's not the true original. This is the tracklist that always floats around these days.

Book 1

1. Fetus (Belly Button Window)
    2. NY State Of Mind Pt. II
    3. Life Is What You Make It
    4. Small World
    5. Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive
    6. Poppa Was a Playa
    7. Nas Is Like
    8. Blaze A 50
    9. Favor For A Favor
    10. We Will Survive
    11. Some Of Us Have Angels
    12. Project Windows
    13. Day Dreaming, Stay Scheming
    14. Sometimes I Wonder
    15. Undying Love

Book 2

1. After Life (Intro)
    2. Amongst Kings
    3. Life We Chose
    4. Drunk By Myself
    5. Pray
    6. God Love Us
    7. Ghetto Prisoners
    8. Last Words
    9. Family
    10. Come Get Me
    11. Find Your Wealth
    12. U Gotta Love It
    13. Wanna Play Rough
    14. The Rise And Fall
    15. My Worst Enemy

---------------------------------------

Nas' large catalog of unreleased material has some of the most interesting and voluminous recordings. After [MENTION=1348]Creation posted an Eminem unreleased song thread a few months ago, I have decided to gather some of Nas' rare/unreleased recordings and put up a thread for Nasir with his non-album tracks (unreleased songs, freestyles, guest appearances, original versions, mixtapes, B-sides etc.) as if you haven't noticed by the opening sentence, I think Nas has some of the most interesting unreleased recordings.

A few highlights from his unreleased catalog:

"Déjà vu" – One of Nas' best u̶n̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ tracks. On this song, Nas sums up the thug life and its perpetual cycle, creating vivid imagery through a slew of complex rhymes. Lyrical genius. The song is packed with alliteration and complex rhymes. You can discover this track on the "Pre Illmatic Demo", although according to Winston, this was song was really meant for It Was Written, but was pulled from the album as it didn't the fit the overall more mainstream and glossy sound of the album. His legendary first verse is instantly recognisable, as he "re-used" the verse for his guest spot on Raekwon’s "Verbal Intercourse."

"Good Morning" - 2Pac fans will instantly recognise the sample used on this song. Over the wonderful loop of the Isley Brothers’ "For The Love Of You" sample, - used also for 2Pac's "Bury Me a G" - Nas takes a laid back approach and describes a regular morning in the hood.

"Amongst Kings" – This song is actually meant to be a sequel to "Undying Love," In the first part Nas ends up killing himself in a murder-suicide so here it is supposed to be him waking up in the afterlife.

"The Rise and Fall" - An early victim of the leaks and another refugee from the original I Am... album. Nas is telling a story of his life by chronicling the events of his rap career, including the ups and downs, it also offers an insight into the creation of the controversial Escobar character, which was based on the deceased Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar. The use of the Slick Rick sample for the hook puts the icing on the cake. One of my favorite Nas songs.

"Film" - Pretty cool story behind this song - the production is done by a guy named C-Sick, who was a 17 year old unknown producer at the time and had just won a Red Bull contest to produce a song for Nas. The song was recorded in 2008 (showing that age doesn't matter) and Nasir brings his typical rapid-fire delivery and vivid, descriptive lyrics backed by complex rhymes. He talks about the making of this song in this interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJWr1YinhIg

He has many more unreleased gems but I just don't have the time to write a description for each track (I might write some more up later), but for now I'll list some more tracks below without descriptions that I would recommend checking out.

The Scientist (snippet)
    Foul Breeze
    Anybody Test
    Last Real Nigga Alive Pt. 2
    The Foulness 1 & 2
    Stay Schemin
    One on One
    Esco Let’s Go
    Death Anniversary
    Talk of New York
    The Message (Original)
    H to the OMO
    Eye for an Eye (Freestyle)
    Take It In Blood Pt. 2
    Surviving the Times (Original)
    Stay Schemin'
    Don't Body Yaself
    Gangsta Tears
    Life Is Like A Dice Game

Download link:

https://mega.nz/#!C5YH2YSS!zr47pawtw...gyeEuiEMJw_LE8
    Last edited by Kieran; 01-29-2016, 07:27 PM.

Sick man, thanks!!

Comment

Deja Vu is just a masterpiece, let's hope he officially releases the song on "The Lost Tapes 2."

Through the lights, cameras, and action, glamour, glitters, and gold
      I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe
      When I’m deceased, by then the beast arise like yeast
      To conquer peace leaving savages to roam in the streets
      Live on the run, police paying me to give in my gun
      Trick my wisdom, with the system that imprisoned my son
      Smoke a gold leaf, I hold heat, nonchalantly
      I’m raunchy, but things I do is real it never haunts me
      While, funny style niggas roll in the pile
      Rooster heads profile on a bus to Rikers Isle
      Holdin’ weed inside they pussy with they minds on the
      Pretty things in life, gettin props is a true thug’s wife
      It’s like a cycle, niggas come home, some’ll go in
      Do a bullet, come back and do the same shit again
      From the womb to the tomb, I presume the unpredictable
      Guns salute life, rapidly, that’s the ritual

Comment

I have most of those songs spread out here and there, and some are really good. Gonna grab this pack and see if there's a quality improvement on any (and some of mine are tagged as well)

Comment

nice i like Nas, i'm gonna check this out. thanks for the background and your time.

-EDIT-

Do you have this without it being in that megasync thing?

Comment

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post

-EDIT-

Under that in blue it says download through your browser, do that

Comment

Originally posted by BigR View Post
              I have most of those songs spread out here and there, and some are really good. Gonna grab this pack and see if there's a quality improvement on any (and some of mine are tagged as well)
              Yeah, you have probably most of the songs if you follow the unreleased Nas scene, these bootlegs have been floating around for many years. The Library of a Legend surfaced around 2006, other songs have been floating around since 1998/99, then some are from the 2000s, etc., there is still probably a lot of songs that are missing from the collection - I actually forgot to include the guest appearance volume in the download.

Originally posted by MCNewYork71 View Post
              -EDIT-

If you still haven't got it to work, press "download through browser" under "download with MEGAsync."
              Last edited by Kieran; 10-05-2015, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kierann View Post
                I actually forgot to include the guest appearance volume in the download.
                A lot of these tracks are already guest appearance, available on retail cd, everywhere, that's why i'm kinda surprised by the quality or sometimes Dj tags on it
                Btw thanks for the upload

Comment

Originally posted by PainIsLove4Thugz View Post
                  A lot of these tracks are already guest appearance, available on retail cd, everywhere, that's why i'm kinda surprised by the quality or sometimes Dj tags on it
                  Btw thanks for the upload
                  The majority of songs are not guest appearance and still haven't been released, some of the songs made it onto The Lost Tapes in 2002 and a few others have been released here and there on soundtracks and compilations, but for the most part they remain unreleased. A good section of the songs from Discs 1-6 on The Library of a Legend are guest appearances, but there is another whole four-disc collection floating around for his guest appearance.
                  Last edited by Kieran; 10-05-2015, 11:58 PM.

Comment

The majority of songs are not guest appearance and still haven't been released, some of the songs made it onto The Lost Tapes in 2002 and a few others have been released here and there, but for the most part they remain unreleased. There is a whole four-disc collection for his guest appearance.
                    That's why i said a lot, and not the whole collection or most, some are available only on vinyl i guess, like Second Coming which samples a famous french hip hop beat by IAM - Demain C'est Loin

Comment

thanks a lot and where is "Nas unreleased (1).rar" at?

those 5 getting an error msg with mp3 gain

Disc 1\101-on_the_real_(feat_cormega_screwball)-116.mp3
                      Disc 2\201-day_dreaming,_stay_scheming-116.mp3
                      Disc 2\204-wanna_play_(rough-)-116.mp3
                      Disc 4\408-you_made_me_(feat_harlem_world_carl_thomas)-116.mp3
                      Disc 6\610-amongst_kings-116.mp3
                      Last edited by blacpain; 10-02-2015, 04:08 PM.
                      collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by blacpain View Post

I have no problem, the file [MENTION=14690]Kierann upped works fine, maybe download it again?

Comment

Originally posted by blacpain View Post
                          thanks a lot and where is "Nas unreleased (1).rar" at?

My first "Nas unreleased" folder is unsorted, so I just made a new folder to upload them. Looking back at the other folder, It's actually more organized and has the tracks that I forgot to incude so I'll probably uploaded it later on and replace the other download.

You should be able to find "Amongst Kings" again on Last Real Nigga Alive

"Wanna Play" should appear again on Tales From The Hood

"Stay Scheming" on Soundtrack To The Streets

I'll re-upload the other two in a minute if they're still not working for you.
                          Last edited by Kieran; 10-02-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=14690]Kierann

This is great. I know the effort it takes to source, compare and upgrade a collection of unreleased tracks (2Pac Obsession being the beast of all beasts). With the limited free time that most of us have as we get older - I appreciate your share.

Cheers Mate.

Comment

Originally posted by PainIsLove4Thugz View Post
                              I have no problem, the file @Kierann upped works fine, maybe download it again?

My first "Nas unreleased" folder is unsorted, so I just made a new folder to upload them. Looking back at the other folder, It's actually more organized and has the tracks that I forgot to incude so I'll probably uploaded it later on and replace the other download.

You should be able to find "Amongst Kings" again on Last Real Nigga Alive

"Wanna Play" should appear again on Tales From The Hood

"Stay Scheming" on Soundtrack To The Streets

I'll re-upload the other two in a minute if they're still not working for you.
                              not really a problem to play them tracks, just to gain them - sorry for the missunderstanding - thanks a lot @both of u
                              collection: http://www.2pac-forum.com/showthread...439&highlight=

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X