TAKEN Is Getting a Prequel TV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAKEN Is Getting a Prequel TV Series

Luc Besson and Liam Neeson’s action film franchise Taken is headed to the small screen. In the films, Neeson plays a retired CIA operative who goes ballistic whenever someone in his family is “taken” by bad guys. Poor bastard just has the worst luck ever with his family members being taken.

The series is set up at NBC, and Besson is set to produce it. The series will serve as a prequel that centers around a young Bryan Mills, so don’t expect Neeson to reprise his role. He won’t have a wife or daughter to save in the series. I’m sure he’ll be saving others people lives, though, including his own.

Deadline has all the details on the series saying, “the character played by Neeson in the movies is a young man with no wife and kids. The logline of the series pays an homage to the movies as it references one of the films’ most popular quotes, part of Mill’s famous speech to one of the thugs suspected in the kidnapping of his daughter, ‘What I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career; Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.’ The series will focus on how Mills acquires his ‘very particular set of skills’ and becomes the character we all know. The series will bend time as it will be set in modern day, not decades in the past.”

I loved the first Taken movie, but they kind of went downhill from there. I think the series has potential be cool! Hopefully, they'll bring in the right talent to develop a solid series.

Benson and NBC are currently on the hunt for a writer and showrunner to lead the charge on the series.

without neeson its not taken

Comment

The Sequels were not necessary.
      Neither is the TV series!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X