MEGA MAN Is Finally Getting a Feature Film Adaptation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEGA MAN Is Finally Getting a Feature Film Adaptation

The classic Mega Man video game franchise is finally going to get a feature film adaptation. This has been a long time coming, and I'm surprised it took so long for it to happen. 20th Century Fox is teaming up with Chernin Entertainment, and according to The Tracking Board, they've already started developing it.

This is basically the same development team that brought us the recent incarnation of Planet of the Apes films. David Ready and Michael Finfer are overseeing the project for the Chernin, and Peter Chernin is producing. Mike Ireland and Ryan Horrigan are overseeing for Fox.

The fact that this is the same team that brought us Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes gives me hope that fans will get a solid adaptation of this iconic video game character.

There's no word on if it will be CG animated or live-action, but I assume it will be a mixture of both. A couple of months ago it was reported that there was a new animated series in development for 2017, and I wonder if that will be a timed release with this movie. There was also a dark and gritty fan-made film that was released last year that you can check out here.

Mega Man was first launched in 1987 by Capcom, and the backstory followed Dr. Light and the blue android he built to be his lab assistant. They were betrayed by the villainous Dr. Wily, who stole Dr. Light’s work and made an evil robot to take over the world. To combat this robot, Dr. Light transformed his lab assistant into a battle droid and armed him with a cannon. He named him Mega Man.

I imagine the movie will give us this origin story and take us to the point where Mega Man defeats Dr. Wily. This film has serious potential to be amazing, and I hope that they actually pull off something that fans will be excited about it.

They say 'finally' like it's something we've all been clamoring for.

" the same development team that brought us the recent incarnation of Planet of the Apes films"

Fuck you.
    It make homos game at females.

Comment

Originally posted by coughdrops View Post

" the same development team that brought us the recent incarnation of Planet of the Apes films"

Fuck you.
      Planet of the Apes remake was good tho

Comment

Originally posted by wizy321 View Post
        I agree i liked them both.

Comment

Originally posted by wizy321 View Post
          I loved the 1st one, but the 2nd was just totally off the wall bad. It's like it was made by entirely different people, inferior work really. Considering how good the 1st was I was expecting something halfway decent. Was blown away by how awful it was. :|
          It make homos game at females.

Comment

I loved the 1st one, but the 2nd was just totally off the wall bad. It's like it was made by entirely different people, inferior work really. Considering how good the 1st was I was expecting something halfway decent. Was blown away by how awful it was. :|
            yea i feel ya but i still enjoyed part 2 tho wasnt great like part one but i enjoyed it

Comment

Fuck you.
              Ahhhh Planet Of The Apes Remake was actually awesome.

Comment

intersting. i love the games on nes

Comment

about time

Comment

watched too much of this game growing up with my brothers playing it... now a movie... yikes

Comment

if they can do speed racer then this shouldn't be a problem. The power rangers movie is getting a complete makeover. As long as they don't change too much about Mega Man then it shouldn't be a problem. Too many writers love changing the origin in movies and then there is always backlash. Just look at that crappy fantastic 4 movie that just came out!

Comment

finally? is this a megaman tupac movie?

who the hell wants to see a megaman movie?

Comment

Didn't they learn anything from the Super Mario Bros movie?

Comment

There's no word on if it will be CG animated or live-action, but I assume it will be a mixture of both. A couple of months ago it was reported that there was a new animated series in development for 2017, and I wonder if that will be a timed release with this movie. There was also a dark and gritty fan-made film that was released last year that you can check out here.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X