Here's The New Non-Ghostface Mask From MTV's SCREAM TV Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's The New Non-Ghostface Mask From MTV's SCREAM TV Show

I'm not sure if you've been following the news about MTV's Scream TV series, but a few months ago, word came out that they wouldn't be using the iconic Ghostface mask in the new show...at least not at first. I suppose there's still a chance it could be brought into the show a little farther down the line, but for now, they've designed their own new mask that executive producer Jill Blotevogel has apparently compared to those of Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers.

Entertainment Weekly has the first look at the new mask, which you can see below:

I'm not quite sure how to feel about this. It's not Ghostface, which is so instantly associated with Scream, but yet it still has some of those elements to it while being new and different. I guess that's what we should want in a reboot, right? Well, it definitely has the approval of one person who really matters: Wes Craven, the man behind the movie and an EP on the show.

“The new mask is cool and scary and takes the series into a new direction. It also ties into the story, which I won’t give away.”

Watch the trailer for Scream here. It debuts on MTV on June 30th.

eh scream wasnt a big one on my list but i really dont like that they changed the mask thats what scream is that iconic stupid mask

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X