Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raekwon Says "Fly International Luxurious Art" Will Feature "A Collage Of Heavyweight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raekwon Says "Fly International Luxurious Art" Will Feature "A Collage Of Heavyweight

Raekwon dubs himself "a rap scholar," says Busta Rhymes and French Montana will be featured on "Fly International Luxurious Art."

With the release of Raekwon’s Fly International Luxurious Art slated for release in April, the Wu-Tang Clan spitter recently shared a few details about the album during an exclusive interview with AllHipHop.com.

In regards to the project, Raekwon revealed that he hopes fans will listen to Fly International Luxurious Art and feel that he’s improved as an artist and has grown with his music. He also broke down the name of the album, stating that his music is his paint and that he’s “a fly cat” who’s had the opportunity to travel the world.

“I just want everybody to know that I’m thinking big with this album. Everything is about expanding the mind,” Raekwon said. “And that’s where I’m at. I’m not just putting images out there. I’m putting it [out] for inspiration, motivation. Stuff that we feel that we deserve…That’s to me where I’m at right now as a rap scholar in the game. It’s really no going higher than that for me. It’s just a lifestyle project that I really feel that people get an opportunity to say ‘Yo, he improved. He’s improving as an artist. And the music is growing.’ And Rae, everybody know me as a fly cat anyway. And I travel the world all the time, so that’s where the international comes in. But it’s all art at the end of the day. When I’m giving you me on wax and I’m giving you an album, it’s my paint. It’s my magic marker. It’s my dream or my focus on what I want to do with this art. And that’s what we did with this album.”

Raekwon didn’t speak in-depth on the album’s features, but did confirm that French Montana, Busta Rhymes, and “a collage of heavyweights” will be featured on his latest work.

“It’s a collage of heavyweights on it that really got busy,” he said. “And some of my favorites that I never got an opportunity to work with is on this album. And it’s a real colorful body of work that really is—it’s worth the money…Put it like this, it’s well-rounded. This is a project I’ve been working on for almost two years. I had to push it back due to the Wu-Tang album. I had to get back in line with the team. I didn’t never want to have my album clash with my brother’s album.”

Fly International Luxurious Art is scheduled for release on April 28.

Who has read this thread:
Working...
X