Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Celtics Offically Trade Rajon Rondo to the Dallas Mavericks

shame my Lakers missed out on him

The Celtics traded point guard Rajon Rondo to Dallas on Thursday night, cutting ties with the last remnant of Boston's last NBA championship while giving Dirk Nowitzki and the Mavericks a chance at another title.

The Celtics are sending the All-Star point guard and forward Dwight Powell to Dallas for Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson and draft picks.

Boston will also receive a conditional first-round pick in the 2015 draft and a second-rounder in 2016, as well as a $12.9 million trade exception.

"My time in Boston has meant so much," Rondo wrote on Twitter in addressing his departure. "I've grown up with this city both as a basketball player and person. The love I have for the most loyal And supportive fans in the league is unmatched.

"I look forward to building something special in Dallas."

The Mavericks are 19-8 overall. They next play against the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday night in Dallas.

"We would like to thank Rajon for everything that he has done for the Celtics organization and the success we have experienced during his tenure with us," Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said.

Rondo joins Nowitzki, Monta Ellis, Tyson Chandler and Chandler Parsons in a high-octane starting five for the Mavs.

"Welcome to Rajon Rondo the newest member of the Dallas Mavericks," team owner Mark Cuban wrote on the social media application Cyber Dust. Cuban also thanked the three departing players, calling them "Amazing players and better people."
    Link: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...llas-mavericks

Looks like the Mavericks are pretty stacked now, they should go far in the playoffs this year.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X