Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unpopular Hip Hop Opinions

- Hip Hop isnt dead, matter of fact, Hip Hop is at the best its ever been, yes there is some terrible rappers, but there has always been terrible rappers, but people tend to forget them as time goes on & then when they think back they just remember the good rappers.

- Kanye West is a genius & one of the best to ever do it, as a matter of fact he makes amazing hip hop but most importantly he makes brilliantly structured songs he is very misunderstood, & even though he is married to kim kardashian, he is nothing like her family, kanye pushes the boundaries of music & makes sure he isnt confined by the genre of music. His discography flawless

- Eminem has been bad for more years than he was good, he has been bad since 2004 so he has been bad for 10 years, but he was only good for 3 years or so. Also Relapse >>>>>>>>> Recovery, Bad Meets Evil, Marshall Mathers LP 2. He is one of the most overrated rappers ever. Im not going to lie, the 3 years he was good, his music was amazing, but people only listen to him because of the nostalgic feelings they have for him.

- When Kendrick Lamar is finished with hip hop, he will be remembered as a legend & will go down as one of the top 10 of the best that has ever done it.

- Drake writes amazing tracks, his catalogue of music is some of my favorite music, he writes songs for alot of artists & every time he does, the tracks go to number 1. Drake will be remembered for the impact he has made on the genre.
    Drakes problem is, he is associated with Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne, but he is light years better than them, if he wasnt associated when them, his fanbase would be ten times bigger.

- J.Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Drake,Childish Gambino, Freddie Gibbs, & Danny Brown are the leaders of the new generation of hip hop as they represent different sides of Hip Hop.

- Even Though NWA had some good tracks, but overall as a group they are overrated. The group wasnt talented except for Ice Cube & Dre. Ice cube had to write all of the music for the group & never got the credit he should of received. NWA's music has aged terribly & i find it really cheesy instead of ''gangsta rap''

- Joe Budden is the closest rapper to 2Pac on a emotional level as he spills his heart out on most of his tracks.

- I love Notorious B.I.G.'s music, however he isnt a top 10 best rappers, yeah he had some technical stuff, but if you compare it to someone like nas or Kendrick lamar, he couldnt hold a candle to them.

- Rick Ross is fake as fuck, but he makes brilliant music, & he has a brilliant ear for beats, if you check out any of his albums you'll notice how brilliant his beat choice is.

- 50 Cent's ''Power Of The Dollar'' album is his 'illmatic'' so to speak, as it has that real gritty sound to it, it is top 10 rap albums of all time.

- Lil Wayne's music is hit or miss, & most of the time it is miss, but other than that he has some cool tracks (e.g, Something You Forgot, President Carter, Tie My Hands)

- Back in 2006 to 2010, Wiz Khalifa was about to become a huge leader of the new generation of rap as he rapped with every style you could think of, as soon as he released ''Black & Yellow'' he became a basic rapper & from then he was on a slippery sloop & as this moment in time he is one of the worst rappers ever, but his earlier music before ''black & yellow'' came out is some of the best new generation music. Id advise anyone to look up his discography & every thing before the ''rolling papers'' album is what you need to check out.

- Even though i enjoy some of Jay-Z's tracks (mainly features) , i think he the most overrated rapper ever, his style isnt appealing & alot of his music is boring besides a few tracks.

- The Game had a solid discography up until 2008, anything after that point is a mess as he fell off HARD.

- Lupe Fiasco used to be a huge inspiration for new rappers, but he fell off so hard that it seems as if he has brain damages as he lost all his intellectual styles & tracks.

- TDE is one of the best rap groups ever, as every one on the label are powerhouses & will go down as one of the best, if not the best, rap groups of all time

- Eazy-E wasnt talented, he was just a random guy rapping other peoples lyrics & making a profit off it. I hate when people put him in their top 10 lists, as they act as if he was a rap god. I dont hate him though, i enjoy some of his tracks but overall he was talentless.
    Last edited by Creation; 10-19-2014, 12:56 AM.

I Know Death Follows Me
    But
    I'll Murder Him First

I agree with the Eazy E one. He had his dope records, but some of his lyrics are like, what the fuck.

The Game always been name dropping 2Pac, Biggie and Eazy E on every, mixtape or album lol.

I disagree with the Notorious BIG one, most of his records were dope, him and Nas revived the East Coast.

Comment

and kanye west is a shithole

Comment

agree about rick ross and eazy-e, interesting opinions, props on the thread.
        Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

I have to agree with alot that been said. These are ur opinions Creation?

Comment

prodigy is pretty good imo..

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnie P View Post
              I have to agree with alot that been said. These are ur opinions Creation?

yeah man, those are my opinions. Id love it if you would post some of your own unpopular opinions

I Know Death Follows Me
              But
              I'll Murder Him First

Comment

- J.Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Drake,Childish Gambino, Freddie Gibbs, & Danny Brown are the leaders of the new generation of hip hop as they represent different sides of Hip Hop.

idk about danny brown, missing alot of artists in my opinion but i agree to some extent

Comment

- Nipsey Hussle Lost His Beat Game After "The Marathon", He Choses Wack Beats
                  - Jay Rock Is My Fav. TDE Member
                  - The Game Is A Good Lyricist
                  - Kokane Sounds Annoying At Times
                  - Spice 1 & DJ Quik Should Drop A Reggae Album
                  - Prince Ital Joe Was Ãœberdope
                  - Lil Wayne Has Dope Songs (Too)
                  - Underground Death Row Artists Are/Were Underrated

Will Post Some More Later.
                  Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

bow wow sux, (i dont care how much promotion)

kendrick lamar sounds like the roof of his mouth is coated with peanut butter

tde is ass

azealia banks is very talented

jay-z is ass

noreaga was not as wack as everyone claims

tragedy khadafi is ass

biggie only became a legend cuz u need two people in a legendary story like pac's.

big pun was better than biggie

listening to Big L is bothersome from all his reusing of verses

juelz santana is ass

hell rell is ass

new york label execs started the east west bullshit.

redman had the best verse on I Got My Mind Made Up

U-God isn't as wack as everyone claims

Rza's ghost-producer must have died

Hopsin is ass

Daz has no way to hide his emotions

Nate dogg was ironically the hardest gangsta on deathrow (not counting tray-dee)

tray dee was a way better rapper than snoop, and played the background very well...never outshined the master.

ice cube's music career shows he is quick to change his style in a very lukeworm fashion. lil john resurrected him with that Roll Call.

Mack 10's entire image was lifted and glued onto cube

c-murder was the hardest pac-clone ever

Comment

Originally posted by Creation View Post
                      - I love Notorious B.I.G.'s music, however he isnt a top 10 best rappers, yeah he had some technical stuff, but if you compare it to someone like nas or Kendrick lamar, he couldnt hold a candle to them.
                      I saw an interview where Biggie admitted Nas is more lyrical than him.

Comment

nas sounds monotone.

Comment

Originally posted by hc View Post
                          nas sounds monotone.
                          True, he doesn't have multiple flows like Kendrick for example, but still I appreciate his music and skill.
                          I Ain't Got Time For Bitches

WANTED LIST

Comment

- mc hammer was a top notch lyrically skilled mc with multi rhyme schemes, wordplay & methaphors
                            Love Peace & Harmony

Comment

I just cant stand 98% eastcoast rap

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X