Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for all the comments so far everyone!!! it is really appreciated!!

Originally posted by Mr Blax View Post
    still haven't had a chance to listen all the way through but skipped straight to the gin n juice mix after listenin to the trailer and its on repeat.. Also checked out that uppercut mix.. it's not just a straight up shitty switch like I thought it would be, sounds good with the womans vocals from Ambitionz and liked the way u doubled up on the line that Em left out from the retail.. Can u get away is another one that sounds dope, care to explain what u did to it?.. Nothing to lose has to be another one of my favourites on the tape.. will let u know about the rest after I've had a chance to listen all the way through.. great job so far!

the first can you get away mix was just a simple change of the beat.... just the acapella on a No Limit beat which sampled the same song pac dide.... the second mix is pretty much the same but has alica keys on the chorus instead of the original chorus... plus pacs vocals are mixed differently.. i made the first mix after the one with alica keys did not turn out as well as i had hoped and was really doubting it.... the chorus sounded like it was really missing something..

Comment

the mix with Alicia keys is the one I was referring to.. its bang on, sounds great.. will check out the rest of the mixes this weekend.. once again thanks for the drop papa

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Blax View Post
        the mix with Alicia keys is the one I was referring to.. its bang on, sounds great.. will check out the rest of the mixes this weekend.. once again thanks for the drop papa
        the vocals ride the beat better on that one! ithey kinda ride behind the beat a bit with the other one... both of the mixes are good in their own way i think... glad you like it man

Comment

Originally posted by GreenL420 View Post
          holy shit how did i pass by this thread damn me to hell lol thanks [MENTION=747]SCORPION d/l now!
          don't want you to go to hell bro..but Papaveli is indeed a musical genius

Comment

Originally posted by SCORPION View Post
            alright people.... here it is!! enjoy!! any questions or comments feel free to leave them below!

amazing work papa, me being a purist on 2pac's music I've always disliked remixes but the last few years I've learned to appreciate all the dj's that actually have some talent and make pac sound great so propz on the work and all the people involved

url]http://www.youtube.com/user/ThaRidah662?feature=mhsn[/url]

http://myworld.ebay.com/euphanasia1996

Comment

I like this mixtape alot... I would loved to see some written review from someone els tho about break downs of each song. Maybe @Papaveli can speak on some tracks example Better Dayz what exactly have been done here? too lazy to compare each version i have with this lol..
              I ain't choosing sides
              Hell nah,fuck everybody
              It's Westside when I ride watch 4 dead bodies
              Lyrics are colorful words and anesthetics
              Problems are getting worked out faster than calisthenics
              I'm bullet proof
              Blazed up on top of my man's roof
              Hands on a fully AK now what 'cha plan to do
              Moon motherfuckaz til they feel me
              It's West Coast nigga fuck New York
              Now did everybody hear me?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnLund213 View Post
                I like this mixtape alot... I would loved to see some written review from someone els tho about break downs of each song. Maybe @Papaveli can speak on some tracks example Better Dayz what exactly have been done here? too lazy to compare each version i have with this lol..
                i was walking home drunk the other day and something like this crossed my mind! lol.. so now i plan on doing this at a later point... i will make a separate thread for it when i do...

usually i would have included something like this with it but i wanted to kind of let the tracks just speak for themselves this time... but if anyone had any questions of course i would answer though... but since you brought it up and im sure there are some others who have some questions about the tracks that they dont even know how to ask, cuz they dont know exactly what was done to it lol... so ill give a review of each track!

Comment

BUMP

papa do me one favour please, or two favours.

1. there u go, remove outlawz and put in another random pac verse

2. give me the beat and let me rap on it, then mix me in with pac

heFFa

best beat ever, my style

if u do that, i'll let u taste my gf's J.Lo's pre cum

Comment

lol.. ill see what i can do gov! hhahha

Comment

Cool mixtape, my fav tracks are

Ghetto Star: Cool remake, pella is really good 2 whered u get that hook? Doesnt sound like a cpu, can u send me that hook?
                      Po Nigga Blues: Another nice ogvibe
                      Black Cotton: Nice, u laced another beat or sample over the OG? Sounds good, maybe id prefer it without the sting hook though other then that nice work.
                      Nothing 2 Lose: This is my fav mix on the tape, great work sounds like an Alt OG!

Comment

Many great mixes on here. Your All Out mix is almost exactly how I wish they would have released that song. Screw the edi hook and the wack intro; 2Pac's intro and outro should have been included as well as his other vocals as a hook exactly like how you did it! This is one of the few instances the original Outlaw verses are perfectly fine.

Johnny J on whatz ya phone number is very creative! He fits it perfectly. We always seem to do similar mixes or have similar ideas. I always wanted to do a untouchable with the lisa lopes verse, I just could never find a cdq version of her version of the song! Now I don't have to make my own! lol

Comment

the Untouchable mix is really good, I have it on replay. Well done Papaveli !

Comment

Originally posted by SCORPION View Post
                            i was walking home drunk the other day and something like this crossed my mind! lol.. so now i plan on doing this at a later point... i will make a separate thread for it when i do...

usually i would have included something like this with it but i wanted to kind of let the tracks just speak for themselves this time... but if anyone had any questions of course i would answer though... but since you brought it up and im sure there are some others who have some questions about the tracks that they dont even know how to ask, cuz they dont know exactly what was done to it lol... so ill give a review of each track!
                            I would really appreciate that very much if you could detail which ones are OG-Vibes, Enhancements, Remixes etc as well as detail the changes made in each track.. Whatcha Gonna Do and There U Go are they the same or different to the ones you previously released? Ghetto Star is confusing too.. I have your OG Enhancement & [video=youtube;EMgX5cB1evQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skg6M7iipZM"]Retail Enhancement[/URL] plus [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMgX5cB1evQ[/video]

I like the whole tape: Ghost has really grown on me, I like untouchable too Thanks

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X