Jason Collins Becomes First Openly Gay NBA Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Collins Becomes First Openly Gay NBA Player

NBA big man Jason Collins made history Sunday (Feb. 23), when he became the first openly gay athlete to play in North America's four major professional team sports.

The center played 11 minutes in his Brooklyn Nets debut, who beat the Lakers' 108-102 at Staples Center. He finished with two rebounds and five fouls, but did not score.

After the game, Collins said it was good to be back on the court. "It was a lot of fun to get back out on the court and set screens and hard fouls," the 35-year-old said after the game. "I didn't take any charges tonight, that'll change. I'll get in position next time. But it felt good to get back out there on the court.

"The most important thing is, the team got the win. I don't care about scoring, I care about my team winning, helping my teammates get open, and making their job easier."

Collins spoke at a news conference both before and after Sunday's game. Despite all the attention, he's been a role player in his previous 12 NBA seasons.
    Source

who cares...what's up with all this promoting gay stuff...what ever happened to men loving women...they need to promote keeping people married to the opposite sex

Comment

Originally posted by bumperboy View Post
      who cares...what's up with all this promoting gay stuff...what ever happened to men loving women...they need to promote keeping people married to the opposite sex
      Relax

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk 2

Make Sure To Visit My Website FlacMafia.net
      Welcome To South Florida! Coming Soon!!

Comment

Who has read this thread:
      Working...
      X