Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Special One back in Chelsea

Yup the bastard returns to Chelsea ...

Roll up, roll up, for Jose Mourinho's first State of the Nation address since returning as manager of Chelsea, during which he is expected to demonstrate that he is (a) a healthier influence on football than the dashing but malignant troll he became during his last spell in London or (b) he is still a dashing but malignant troll. He has already billed his return as the continuation of a great love affair but there is a suspicion that it is not so much the depth of his devotion to Chelsea that has brought him back as the lack of love from anyone else. Even though he won the Champions League with Internazionale after his previous departure from the Bridge, this hardly feels like the triumphant return of an all-conquering hero, more like the reluctant repatriation of a chastened young backpacker who ran out of money and pals in Bangkok and had to ring his parents for a plane ticket home. Still, there's no doubting he's smart so we can rely on to put a different spin on things – and maybe even to have learned from his mistakes, in which case it'll be a pleasure to have him back given his many endearing qualities.

More interesting than his demeanour and any jibes at opponents, authorities and/or international humanitarian agencies will, of course, be what he has to say about his plans for Chelsea, particularly the style of play he envisages and any transfer dealings he wants to conduct this summer, such as hiring Edinson Cavani or ditching Juan Mata. Will the Special One deign to discuss these? We're here to find that out. And, of course, to bask in the glow of celebrity, coz that's how we roll in the Premier League.

guardian.co.uk

I say that'll give Chelsea a boost, the top three will once again be Man u, Man city and chelsea with Arsenal in 4th because they won't buy shit as usually.

Comment

I think ManCity now will dominate the pr league. With Pellegrini they are finally going to play nice attacking football and this will get the best out players like aguero and tevez

Comment

Originally posted by HazeSilver View Post
        I say that'll give Chelsea a boost, the top three will once again be Man u, Man city and chelsea with Arsenal in 4th because they won't buy shit as usually.

sounds like u support arsenal

Comment

Dude was a good trainer with Inter and Porto, but a complete joke now.

Comment

he's still a good trainer.. and chelsea can be happy to have him back now.. STILL one of the best trainers nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
              sounds like u support arsenal
              Yes, I've always had a certain connection with Arsenal.

Comment

U-N-I-T-E-D the REAL special one just retired Sir Alex
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, I've always had a certain connection with Arsenal.
                  Well.. Ur still better off than me.. Im Liverpool..

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
                    Well.. Ur still better off than me.. Im Liverpool..
                    Yeah... I wonder if any of our team have glorious days ahead of them.

Comment

I hope my team has

Comment

Originally posted by Mussolini View Post
                        I hope my team has

What's ur team? Man City?

Comment

What's ur team? Man City?
                          No! My team is Galatasaray

Comment

at least u guys make it to the CL ... I'm on the edge now with my patience ... but once ur a supporter u can't really change that .. And i never will ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mussolini View Post
                              No! My team is Galatasaray
                              Oh "Welcome to Hell". I heard alot about Galatasaray. I used to have a turkish friend who was a fan and another turkish friend who was a Besiktas fan.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                              Working...
                              X