No announcement yet.

Drake Reacts To Jay-Z's "Run This Town" Song, "I Think Kanye Kills That Sh*t"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drake Reacts To Jay-Z's "Run This Town" Song, "I Think Kanye Kills That Sh*t"

Rap newcomer Drake recently spoke on Jay-Z's first official single from The Blueprint 3, "Run This Town," and killed rumors of being replaced by Rihanna.

In addition to speaking on the gossip, Drizzy also weighed in on his personal reaction to Jay's new record.

"I don't know who came up with that rumor to be honest, but I always knew what Jay's first single was going to be," Drake said in an interview. "Me and Jay did a lot of work together. Maybe at one point he was considering doing it and someone got over-excited and put out a press release that I was going to be on the first single. I think Jay made a great choice. I think the 'Run This Town' song is phenomenal. I think Kanye [West] kills that sh*t. I actually heard that song when it was a Rihanna track...We have more than one record to pick from. Jay-Z is one of those guys that's just too good. I would be definitely disappointed if I wasn't on it. I think it's going to be a legendary project. I have my fingers crossed." (The Boom Box)

The song dropped last Friday (July 24) with Rihanna on the chorus and Yeezy contributing a verse.

"This is Roc Nation/Pledge your allegiance...All black everything/Black cards, black cars, all black everything/And I draw them black birds/Riding with they Dillingers/I'll get more in Depp if you boys really real enough/This is La Familia/I'll explain later, but for now let me get back to this paper...Please follow the leader/So Eric B. we are/Microphone fiend, it's the return of the God/Peace God, it ain't nobody fresher...On the table screaming f*ck the other side, they jealous/We got a banquet full of broads/They got a table full of fellas/And they ain't spendin' no cake." ("Run This Town")

The song was reportedly chosen to replace Jay's collaboration with Drake as his first official single from the album according to DJ Skee.

JUST GOT WORD: NEW Jay-Z single coming this Friday (July 24) called "Run This Town" with Kanye and Rihanna! Plus, here's what his album promo schedule will look like: Sept 10 - "Run This Town" webcast from Rocawear 10 year anniversary party in NY. Sept 11 - Blueprint 3 album release & NYC concert assoc. w/NYC Fireman's charity. Sept 13 - MTV Awards performance. Sept 14 - Jay Leno primetime NBC series premiere performance (first musical guest ever). (Hot 106)

Jay recently spoke with DJ Drama and said the project was ready for release.

"Yeah, pretty much [it's done]," Jay revealed. "You know I still tweak it. I made 'PSA' was the last record I made on The Black Album and 'Give It To Me' was the last record I made on Dynasty. So, I'm always open to recording new records. It's pretty much done, it could go out the door right now. September 11th, the first date, it's the anniversary of the original one, of course it's a tragedy as well so we're going to be doing a lot of great things with charities and everything." (Hot 107.9)

Source:
    Drake Reacts To Jay-Z's "Run This Town" Song, "I Think Kanye Kills That Sh*t" | SOHH.com

Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete?
    Proving nature's law is wrong it learned to walk with out having feet.
    Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breathe fresh air.
    Long live the rose that grew from concrete when no one else ever cared.

what a fucking shitty song period

Comment

Kanye outshine Jay on his own track lmao. Godd drake needs to just go make some music instead of commenting on some old ass rapper.
      Wall Of Shame:

Not enough room in sig for all the fails..

Comment

^^lol dickriding the game. The old ass rapper is better than most of the young ass rappers.

Comment

Who has read this thread:
        Working...
        X