David Beckham To Retire At End Of Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Beckham To Retire At End Of Season

International soccer icon, David Beckham, is calling it quits.

According to ESPN.com, the 38-year-old said Thursday (May 16) that he will retire at the end of the season.

"I'm thankful to PSG for giving me the opportunity to continue, but I feel now is the right time to finish my career, playing at the highest level," Beckham said in a statement.

Beckham recently won a league title in a fourth country with Paris Saint-Germain. He has two more matches left at PSG against Brest on Saturday and at Lorient on May 26. He has been giving his salary to a children's charity.

The soccer star started his career with Manchester United, and also played for Real Madrid and the Los Angeles Galaxy, winning titles with all those clubs.

"If you had told me as a young boy I would have played for and won trophies with my boyhood club Manchester United, proudly captained and played for my country over one hundred times and lined up for some of the biggest clubs in the world, I would have told you it was a fantasy," Beckham said. "I'm fortunate to have realized those dreams."
    Source

rich enough now to give it up and enjoy the money hes earned and life not a bad decision imo

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X