X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing in the 2Pac days would have been a fucking nightmare

Need I say more

Originally posted by Flintheart_Glomgold
    Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

OMG, reminds me of my younger days when i use to fix my tapes using the same technique

Comment

A nightmare, but not impossible! I know people have theories on Pac songs and added/removing verses, but either one wasn't that difficult to do.

Comment

Nice german accent
        Hey Nas, remember that shit you said?
        I don't know what magazine you said, soome shit how I wasn’t
        Nobody saying thugs till well whatever, whatever, whatever.
        Nigga you better really go to a record store go check out some of your albums you been putting out motherfucka
        We be doing this thug shit for awhile now
        I know you been listening cause you been biting this shit
        So uh, recognize and realize, before your ass get rolled on

Comment

Originally posted by BigR View Post
          A nightmare, but not impossible! I know people have theories on Pac songs and added/removing verses, but either one wasn't that difficult to do.

nothing is impossible lol... but this guy is cutting sentences.. not music... this technique is used only to shorten audio... no timing really or anything... someone is not going to use this on a 24 track reel... lol.. you cant just cut 1 verse out of the reel and leave everything else.... you would cut everything that is playing on different tracks at the same time.... so if you wanted to make something shorter you could cut a verse out along with everything else but if there was even the slightest timing error you could potentially ruin everything on the reel... and of course this couldnt be done with a 2 song reel either... im sure this stuff was experimented with but i dont think it was used mainstream... it was most likely used with single audio tape if used at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Papaveli View Post
            nothing is impossible lol... but this guy is cutting sentences.. not music... this technique is used only to shorten audio... no timing really or anything... someone is not going to use this on a 24 track reel... lol.. you cant just cut 1 verse out of the reel and leave everything else.... you would cut everything that is playing on different tracks at the same time.... so if you wanted to make something shorter you could cut a verse out along with everything else but if there was even the slightest timing error you could potentially ruin everything on the reel... and of course this couldnt be done with a 2 song reel either... im sure this stuff was experimented with but i dont think it was used mainstream... it was most likely used with single audio tape if used at all...
            A lot of 2Pac songs originally may have been like this, take the Better Days acapella for instance, it's horribly off-beat

That's why 2Pac especially, doubled their vocals, because you're winded like fuck rapping through the whole song in one take

The Shock G theory with the dotted line principle to take breaths in between words
            Last edited by KW; 05-04-2013, 10:19 PM.

Calm down. This doesnt affect your life. Get over it. Its ancient history and the only thing thats certain is that you dont have all the facts. Even if you did, try to occupy your time with something more wholesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Klockwork View Post
              A lot of 2Pac songs originally may have been like this, take the Better Days acapella for instance, it's horribly off-beat

That's why 2Pac especially, doubled their vocals, because you're winded like fuck rapping through the whole song in one take

The Shock G theory with the dotted line principle to take breaths in between words
              Knowing naught about studio craft but curious to learn, could you put a bit more detail in that statement please? I only found out about Pac doubling his voice on here, before that I just thought it was how he rapped and it sounded cool.
              I'd like to impart some words that I've always lived by:
              Mo' money, mo money, mo money.

Comment

Originally posted by 61824 View Post
                Knowing naught about studio craft but curious to learn, could you put a bit more detail in that statement please? I only found out about Pac doubling his voice on here, before that I just thought it was how he rapped and it sounded cool.

@34:48 - 35:10

Comment

I can believe that but the og sounds ok guess I never really noticed. Some acapellas are off beat cuz they been altered during recording or converted to wav to mp3 ect. But it's a possabiliy PAC could have been rapping on beat but there coulda been a delay by a few in what he was hearing as he rapped or the mixer did it. I used to rap and layer my voice because it just sounded cool but layering can fill in imperfections, sometimes it's possable to rap off beat during the second take.

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw13351 View Post
                    I can believe that but the og sounds ok guess I never really noticed. Some acapellas are off beat cuz they been altered during recording or converted to wav to mp3 ect. But it's a possabiliy PAC could have been rapping on beat but there coulda been a delay by a few in what he was hearing as he rapped or the mixer did it. I used to rap and layer my voice because it just sounded cool but layering can fill in imperfections, sometimes it's possable to rap off beat during the second take.
                    you are right... the acapellas that are not timed right have just been cut by some fan or whoever... it wouldnt be like that on the reel.. temptations pella is like that too..

Comment

There is a saying that goes "Nothing's hard if you know what your doing". I don't know how credible this saying is. Some people believe in it, some don't.

Comment

Very interesting thread

Comment

Definitely leaps and bounds easier today. But ADAT multi tracking was around in the 90s which made editing a little easier than analog reel to reel I think.

Comment

Today nothing is almost impossible at least in theory

Comment

Who has read this thread:
                            Working...
                            X