• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwIFT View Post
    Unreleased - Often means not released on retail
    Leaked - Released but not on retail
    OG's - Original versions, how they were recorded
    OG-Vibes - A remix with the vibe of the original in some way, often using the same sample or something similar. Sometimes just the original verses
    OG Enhancement - An edit of an original version, not a remix but maybe an outro or something is removed, or it's rearranged. Alternate mixdowns can be made when you have the different tracks used in the song, and just mix it differently. I think this sometimes is labeled enhancement as well.
    Retail - The retail version is the version released on a record, it dosen't matter if it's the original or a remix
    OG Remakes - The same as OG Vibes, though sometimes I've noticed some OG Vibes just are remixes sounding like it's beats Pac would use, this would not be the case when it's an OG remake.
    Unmastered - Mastering is a process made after the mixing to give the song it's final touches quality wise, like an EQ of the whole song - add or remove bass to it etc.
    Mastered - ^
    Remastered - If a track is remastered it has already been released, and now someone has done the process once again. If the song is in good quality this would be unnecessary.
    Demo's - An early version of the track, not the final
    Rough Version - More or less the same as a demo I believe, not the final version.
    Retail Alt Version - Alt stands for alternate so an alternate version can mean a lot - if the retail version is a remix it's an alternate version of that, since there's a lot of versions of many Pac songs and also different mixdowns, arrangements and takes of many versions, that's why you've came across this
    OG Alt Version - ^ The same. There has to be a different original version existing for an alternate original version to exist. Many times tracks are mislabeled so really it's more of a demo existing, and maybe different mixdowns of the original, as well as a retail version which is different too so it's pretty confusing at times. Maybe the track was never finished and people with the masters of the track has made many versions, this can happen even if it was finished of course.
    Remix - It's strange because really the word is a re-mix but most of time this is what you call it when it's a new beat on a song after it's already made, or new verses added, or a mash up (which is mixing different songs together). Anyways, a re-mix could also be what I call alternate mixdown, when you have the different tracks of the song and arrange them in a new way
    Switch-up - Can really mean anything I believe
    Mash-up - A mix of different songs
    I hope this helps a bit, I might be wrong with a lot though so correct me if I am y'all!

(To avoid confusion, I wrote the explanations in the quote)

Comment

Who has read this thread:
    Working...
    X