No announcement yet.

Mase Talks Rap Comeback, "Mike Passed Away & It Just Lit The Fire Up Under Me"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mase Talks Rap Comeback, "Mike Passed Away & It Just Lit The Fire Up Under Me"

Former Bad Boy rap star Mase has explained his comeback into the hip-hop spotlight and credited the passing of Michael Jackson as the motivation he needed to pick up the mic once again.

Speaking with radio personality DJ Self, Mase also hinted at making more music and explained why he released a remix to Drake's "Best I Ever."

"I'm just excited man," Mase said in an interview. "I'm excited. Mike passed away, it just lit the fire up under me, made me wanna go to the studio and do something. So I asked my little nephew, 'Who is the hottest thing out there?' He said Drake and I said I got to see what record he got and when I listened to it I said 'Okay, I'ma jump on the joint.' And I called Suge up and he was like, 'Please let me get that record, please let me get that record.' So I said 'Who you gonna give it to?' And he said you gotta give that to DJ Self. [laughs] If you play it, [you'll get more records from me.] If you play it, you know I stay with a couple things under my sleeve, I just need some place to play 'em. Big shout-outs to Diddy, shout-outs to 50 [Cent], big shout-outs to the whole Harlem, Cam, Jim and all them." (Power 105.1)
    The rapper's comeback was heard earlier this month via a verse on Drake's hit song.

"I said girl so beautiful, down to the cuticle," Mase raps, "I can't explain it, everytime I take a picture with you, I wanna frame it...Please don't re-arrange it, I could be your prosecutor, you can be my plaintiff/You could be my coffee girl and I could be your danish/You already camera-ready, you ain't even famous...I'll move you out the 'hood for good/Not ask that brother if he would he could/Mase won't lie to you, when I say I'm good, I'm good/Strawberry or canary, tell me how you want your wrist/It's Mase and Drake, promise you'll remember this." ("Best I Ever Had" remix)

No plz dont , he will suck big time , he was some decent songs when he was there before ,but coming back after some time i don't think he would come back the same and probably worse.

Comment

mase is garbage.. i cant believe he sold any albums.. it must have been the whole bad boy thing.. he has the WORST rap delivery of all time.. no one is worse.. i fall asleep when i hear his music...

Comment

^he is average but i still like to bump his Harlem World album sometime

Comment

mase raps like he is bored. btw who is drake? more mainstream garbage i assume.

Comment

Mase was bad then and I don't think he's anybetter now besides I think these lyrics applies to him remember this "Mas you's a window shopper couldn't be a preacher and no one respect u has a rapper"

Comment

Who has read this thread:
            Working...
            X